Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
the dummy skus were slated as computers, and they are going to be sold next to the macs in the computer department in the apple shop, not near our ipod displays... id only assume they would carry the 14 day . im kinda curious on how our warranty pricing will work for them as well.... guess ill find out on the 2nd :/

They will probably be stacked next to the DVD stand, near that movie that Queen did the backing track for.

what was is called....................?

Oh yeah, FLASH !! :D

bbtrinet

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
I hate Best Buy as much as the next guy, but.....

doesn't this mean that I can get my iPad with:
a) 6-month to 18-month 0% financing
b) cheaper using the Best Buy Rewards. They give 1 point for every $1 spent. 250 points = $5 best buy 'reward certificate'. So I can get $10 off a 16gb iPad just by going to Best Buy over my Apple store.

Of course, I could always order through MacMall or someplace online and save $50+ on taxes.

But then I'd have to WAIT. Isn't 'WAITING' a sin for an Apple fan?

SteveSparks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
St. Louis, MO.
Of course, BestBuy will be stacking netbooks around the iPads, manned by salespeople repeating the phrases "Windows 7 is just like MacOSX", "Macs are more expensive" and "iPads are toys".

My besy buy with an Apple Store, sells tons of Macs and offers them over a PC everytime...

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
Does anyone know if best buy still offers 2 years no interest with a best buy card and purchases over a certain amount? I'd love to do that with my iPad purchase.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I think anyone that cancels a preorder from anywhere right now gambles not getting one at this late point I'd say stay with what they ordered

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
At my Best Buy they charge a restocking fee on Apple products that restocking fees apply to (i.e., on laptops, but not desktops or mp3 players). :rolleyes:

That is true with the exception of apple computers. I know this because I work in geek squas with customree service and we are really strict on the returns of macs bcause we loose alot of money on reterns of macs

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
If I were going to Best Buy on launch day, I'd get there early. We don't know how many iPads they will have at each store. It could be 10 or 50. I know for the PS3, 360, and Wii, the numbers varied a lot between locations.

Maybe someone will leak the planned stock amounts in the next week.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
This is good, since no one will be able to buy one anywhere else on April 3rd until after 3PM.

Please make sure that you and every one else understands this:

There will be no iPad sales outside of Best Buy until 3 PM on April 3rd. Reservations ONLY at the Apple Store until 3 PM. No walk ins.

TripHop

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
50 Will Sell In The First 10 Minutes

Jakron said:
depends on your town/bestbuy

with how busy my store is, if i dont have atleast over 50 i wont make it through the first day without selling out... probably not the first few hours lol, with how much we get hounded by people asking about them
In the first 10 minutes. Get a clue how popular they are.

mattster16

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2004
so the question is what if the ipad is considered a computer or just regular electronics. here's what the restocking fee terms is:

Restocking Fee
A restocking fee is applicable in some product categories, unless you are a Reward Zone Program Premier Silver member, the item is defective, or the fee is prohibited by law. The restocking fee charges are:

25% for Special Order Products, including appliances
15% for opened notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS navigation and in-car video systems
10% for Apple® iPhone

I have premier silver, so this means I don't get charged restocking fees?? Interesting. Could be useful in my never ending quest to screw over Best Buy.

TripHop

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
Apple Shop Feature Listed In Store Descriptions @ BestBuy.com

Island Dog said:
I wonder if there will be a list of the stores that will carry them.
Go to bestbuy.com and search for your stores. The term "Apple Shop" is listed as a store feature of stores where they will be selling them. :)

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Considering I tried to buy a $1000 HDTV last week from my local Best Buy and they wouldn’t sell it to me because “they were holding all of that model for their Sunday ad,” I think I’ll purchase my iPad from a store whose sales policies make sense.

Maybe I’ll buy from Amazon and enjoy the no sales tax.
Ok, I pretty much won't even enter BB anymore, so I'm hardly a proponent. But really? They tell you to come back a few days later when the price will be lower and you find that wrong? Sounds like pretty good customer service to me.

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
I worked at BB at one time and they do suck a little. But it's a business so what do you expect? BB only cares that you buy a service plan on the item(s) you buy. Now, I'll say that they do a better job on laptops because AppleCare doesn't cover accidental damage but BB's service plan does. I'll also get 0% for 18 months and reward zone points that accumulate when they have something priced well enough for me to buy from them.

Trek2100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Sevierville, TN
::cough cough:: Radioshack ::cough cough::

Monster cables FTW?

Anyone buying monster cables or any other high priced cables are getting totally ripped off!. Yes for analog (due to signal loss on longer length cables), super big NO for digital (its on or its off, no in between). I bought three Mediabridge ultra cables through Amazon for $9.99 each. Yes they have gold plated ends (whoopie), 6 ft., 1.3 certified, heavy gauge wire, up to 340Mhz and 48 bit color. Used on 2 HDTVs and 1 Blu-Ray player. Perfect:)

talkingnewmedia

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2009
Chicago
I must admit that Best Buy -- at least the one near me -- has gotten much better about their Apple sales. It used to be that the sales people would give prospective Mac buyers bad information like "you can't use external speakers on a Mac, you will need to buy Mac-only speakers through Apple".

They seem to now have better trained staff that are trained specifically to sell in the Apple store-in-store.

I posted a story this morning on this, pointing back to MacRumors. One of the things I find interesting about the whole iPad/Best Buy/iTunes angle is its impact on publishers. By having their apps in the iTunes store, publishers now find themselves competing for buyers with all the other products available for sale in the app store. Few are prepared to compete in the retail world, having cut back their marketing efforts over the years.

Sleazy E

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2009
Disneyland
its interesting to me that they aren't even advertising that they are going to have them. I guess they aren't allowed to? I hope they keep it on the sly because that will just mean less crowds :cool:

cmfilms

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2009
Central Iowa
Forget it....

After their Laptop Hunter ads (those were Best Buys) and the misleading Windows 7 training/product-push for their employees, it'll be a cold day in hell before I buy an Apple product from Best Buy. :mad:

TripHop

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
$83 Sales Tax Saved In California Waiting For MacConnection 2 Sell Them

bbtrinet said:
I hate Best Buy as much as the next guy, but.....

doesn't this mean that I can get my iPad with:
a) 6-month to 18-month 0% financing
b) cheaper using the Best Buy Rewards. They give 1 point for every $1 spent. 250 points = $5 best buy 'reward certificate'. So I can get $10 off a 16gb iPad just by going to Best Buy over my Apple store.

Of course, I could always order through MacMall or someplace online and save $50+ on taxes.

But then I'd have to WAIT. Isn't 'WAITING' a sin for an Apple fan?
There's $83 Sales Tax Saved In California by Waiting For MacConnection to sell the 64GB 3G model. I'm gonna wait to get that savings. I don't need it on day one. Late May will be fine for me. I'm a big fanboy but I'm also low income so that's saving a lot to me and well worth a little longer wait time. I call them every day to ask when pre-orders will start. So far they know nothing. :(

talkingnewmedia

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2009
Chicago
its interesting to me that they aren't even advertising that they are going to have them. I guess they aren't allowed to? I hope they keep it on the sly because that will just mean less crowds :cool:

I think the problem is that not all Best Buys will be participating -- they have to have Apple store-in-stores. This pretty much prevents any national marketing. (Not to mention that fact that their supply may be limited.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.