Best Buy scratched my new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trlyka, Oct 20, 2012.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I went to BB today to choose a new case. I was returning my Speck Candyshell for something with an open bottom so my 30-pin adapter would fit. I tried on a couple of cases and one I wasn't able to remove. This one

So a couple of the workers tried and finally one guy was able to get it off. I purchased the iFrogz Luxe and left BB. I was wiping the phone down before putting on the new case and noticed the Apple logo was scratched :mad:

Normally I would make a stink, but I am getting the phone replaced because of a Home button issue. It's coming on Monday. So I am not going to pursue a damage complaint. Some of these cases go on and aren't meant to be removed. The incase slider is another one. It's a nice case, but damn! I do clean my phone now and then and I'd prefer not to spend half my day trying to remove a stupid case :rolleyes:

2. ProudLoz macrumors regular

I always install side, and back protectors to all my iPhones if I'm going to put a case on it because of stuff like this. Doesn't help that debris will also find it's way inside the case and start rubbing on the aluminum and cause small scratches. It's just a precaution.

3. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Yeah but these cases were brand new and my phone was clean. I really think it had something to do with them prying off the case.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

Um, ok then. :rolleyes:

5. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

What? Don't start nothin, won't be nothin ;)

6. ProudLoz macrumors regular

I understand, but if they had a hard time trying to take the case off, that means that the case was not manufactured right, and so by taking off by force, you should not be surprised if your phone got a scratch or two. You were just unfortunately unlucky. But like I said, I always put back and side protectors just in case. Better that it scratches the protectors than the phone right?

7. brand macrumors 601

brand

Given the trouble you make it sound like they had it is likely that you would of scratched it to.

8. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Yeah I know. I just never thought of protecting the back with a protector since I always use a case.

9. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Dumb move. Serves you right.

10. Cygnus311 macrumors regular

This is where everything went wrong, son.

11. brand macrumors 601

brand

Thats probably the funniest thing I read all day.

12. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

----------

I'm not a son....I didn't realize BB was frowned upon :confused:

13. Noisemaker Guest

*golf clap*

14. SL4VE macrumors 6502

15. 617aircav Suspended

Damage complaint, lol. This is best buy. Besides you left with your phone without complaining, best buy wont accept responsibility.

16. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

17. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

yeah they are not liable for your phone. they were doing you a favour by taking it off. maybe you even scratched it yourself when you were trying to pry it off with no luck. either way a scratched phone sucks, especially when you were trying to avoid that by buying a case. sorry about your bad luck.

18. AnalyzeThis, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012

AnalyzeThis macrumors 6502

I was not sure how to remove candyshell case as it was super tight fit. Until I went to ATT store (change SIM) and saw girl handling this case effortlessly. It is all in technique, I can take it out now with ease from this type of case:
    1. Hold it with both hands with each thumb against top left and right corner on case sides.
    2. Press with both middle fingers on the center of the case behind where it has (*) label
    3. You will see the phone top rising out of case. Keep pressing on the case behind a little lower. It will pop phone more.
    4. Grab phone top and pull it away from case until it is free.
    5. Done.

BTW, I am very impressed with this case. It is great case for all iphones 5s in my family (different color combinations).

19. tucker3434 macrumors regular

Couldn't have said it better myself.

20. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

really dude? they help you remove the case that YOU couldn't get off and you wanted to give them crap about it.

21. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

Why did you decide to post a thread about this? :rolleyes:

22. InfinitiG macrumors 6502

you people and your cases/bodyguards/screen protectors

roll naked and forget about it, life is so much better believe me

23. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

Yep. Since there are no down vote button now. I propose we start adding them in the post.

----------

OP this is for you. #downvote #fail

24. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

I bought the iSlide case on Amazon, it has a felt lining inside to prevent removal scratches.

25. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

ANYWAY....it wasn't scratched. It must of been glue or something. I used my nail and whatever it was came off.

wtf am I supposed to do? Leave the store with the damn case on? You can't tell me that some of you here wouldn't turn to someone else who may have experience with the case that you know nothing about? Maybe because I'm a girl and wasn't strong enough. But the case wasn't coming off for me. Either way, I needed help. I figured 5 minutes of trying was enough.

Thanks for all the support though :rolleyes: