Best Buy to Carry Verizon iPhone Beginning February 10th

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Electronics retail chain Best Buy today announced that it will in fact be carrying the Verizon iPhone beginning February 10th, the same day the device launches for general availability at Apple and Verizon stores.
"The iPhone 4 is an important device for Best Buy and we are excited to help Apple and Verizon Wireless bring it to even more consumers," said Shawn Score, president of Best Buy Mobile. "Our customers have come to expect Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores to carry the best selection of mobile phones anywhere, and offering the iPhone 4 on Verizon’s network is our latest effort to deliver on that promise."
The original press release announcing the Verizon iPhone last month only specifically named Apple and Verizon as retailers carrying the device at launch, although Apple did note that authorized resellers would also be carrying the device.

Apple itself announced its sales schedule only just this morning, following Verizon's lead in allowing existing Verizon customers to begin pre-ordering tomorrow, with general orders and reservations being accepted beginning February 9th for availability on February 10th.

Article Link: Best Buy to Carry Verizon iPhone Beginning February 10th

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
Funny how just recently Best Buy had issued an internal memo to employees about how to promote the benefits of the AT&T iPhone, while pointing out the shortfalls of the Verizon version.

asdf542

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Someone tell me when people are aware of the fact that news and rumors are two different things. This isn't a rumor. It's news.

MacintoshMan

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2006
Cool thing about bestbuy is you don't need to pre-order. GF is getting rid of the crackberry.

MarximusMG

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2009
Denver
Interesting. Didn't we see some stories of Best Buy bashing the Verizon iPhone a while ago? (Something in their employee training memos that were sent out.) Correct me if I'm wrong.

citi

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
Someone tell me when people are aware of the fact that news and rumors are two different things. This isn't a rumor. It's news.
Go ahead and look UP at the top of your browser. What does it say?

Let me help you.

MacRumors: Apple Mac rumors and News you care about

bettaboy123

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
I know. It doesn't make sense why people are calling it a rumor when it is obviously true. I think it is a good way for both Apple and Verizon to make money, because then they have another place to sell it. If more people can buy it, it usually means more people will buy it, especially with a such an anticipated high-demand device. Just my two cents.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
I noticed the Verizon store near me now has a temporary storage box sitting outside next to the building. My guess it's prep for the iPhone and Verizon and Apple are stocking up as much as they can prior to launch day.

It will be interesting to see how Verizon does wit the on-slaught of activations on Day one... remember how quickly AT&T gets overloaded each major upgrade day.

MarlboroLite

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
the 13 colonies
Does anyone know if buying the VZ iphone through Apple directly, entitles one to the 30 day return and exchange policy as opposed to buying from Verizon or other retailers which only have 14 day return policies?

I normally wouldn't care except for the off chance the white one comes out within 30 days of the 10th.

asdf542

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Go ahead and look UP at the top of your browser. What does it say?

Let me help you.

MacRumors: Apple Mac rumors and News you care about
They are two different things. You didn't prove anything. :rolleyes:

macmedal

macrumors regular
May 17, 2008
Britannia
News you care about
Sorry but Verizon News is something I couldn't care less about.....give it a break, theres more to Apple than iPhones and there is more to the iPhone than a single carrier.....:mad:

MarkMoseley1

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
St. Louis, MO
So ok Best Buy is gonna sell the Verizon iPhone on the 10th. yeah its news, but in my mind current Verizon customers would just order the iPhone via internet early.

What I want to know about is the white iPhone 4 and when its getting released and if its gonna be on both Verizon and AT&T. Oh and any news on any new Mac hardware is always a +1:)

MarximusMG

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2009
Denver
Sorry but Verizon News is something I couldn't care less about.....give it a break, theres more to Apple than iPhones and there is more to the iPhone than a single carrier.....:mad:
Here's the solution:

Don't read the articles that don't interest you. :eek:

macmedal

macrumors regular
May 17, 2008
Britannia
Here's the solution:

Don't read the articles that don't interest you.
I totally agree, but when all I have seen is Verizon conjecture, rumour and news plastered over the front page of the the site for weeks, it does get a bit tiresome and hard to avoid.....

mrw00tastic

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
Never bought a phone through Best Buy....I would be willing to put it off if they take my Reward Zone gift certificates for the iPhone. I have a few saved up that have to get used soon.

asdf542

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
What??? Give me some of the juice you have.

What exactly do I need to prove to you? It's what they do...It's in their tagline.
Do I really need to give you the play by play of what happened in this one page thread? :rolleyes:

A couple of people were stating that this was a Verizon rumor, when it's not a rumor. It's news. I'm not saying anything about what kind of content MacRumors posts, I'm simply pointing out that this isn't a rumor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.