Best Case for Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by sportsfrk214, May 6, 2008.

1. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

My iPod Touch currently has an invisible shield on it, and I carry it around in no case, with no problems. I'm just afraid of the inevitable dropping of it. Im looking for a case that will surround everything but the front. I want a product that will protect my iPod if I drop it, but is also stylish and makes the iPod look good. I was originally going to get on of those rubber ones. But I hear this incase slider is pretty good, it just seems like it would look odd.

So what case would you recommend? Something very functional and stylish

2. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Definitely the incase slider, it keeps the sexiness.

3. ABernardoJr macrumors 6502

I'm using this Griffin Elan Form casing for mine. Looks real good so far, and it seems very secure too. Also kept the sticky piece of plastic that came on it (not the plastic the iPod was wrapped in but the one below that on the screen) to keep the screen fairly protected for now. I hope it'll work well, as the case leaves the screen open (of course) to be able to touch it still. But I recall reading someone on here keeping the plastic screen protector from Apple on theirs, I figured I'd do the same. :D

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ074LL/A?fnode=home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/cases&mco=MTU0MTQ5

4. henchosbandito macrumors member

the griffin contour is good. I had numerous people think that the case around my ipod was the ipod itself. It fits really nicely, and if you have the universal dock, you can take out the attachment and plug the ipod in without taking the case off which is a major benefit IMO

5. colourclassic macrumors member

colourclassic

I bought a Tuffwrap from XtremeMac and have found it to be really good. It doesn't add too much bulk and it comes with a screen protector.

6. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I just purchased an IVYSKIN Touch Retro T2 Jet-Black for my iPod Touch and I must say that it is really nice. It does add a little bit of bulk but gives it total protection. The integrated screen shield works really well too.

7. henchosbandito macrumors member

did anyone else get bored of using a hard case? i was using one but have no reverted to just using invisibleshield and an ipod sock
    works perfectly and havent have a scratch yet *touch wood*

8. Viremia macrumors regular

I can't say enough good about my vaja leather case. It protects the iPod well and looks great. The only downside is that it's expensive ($80).

9. ranwanimator macrumors newbie

I've got the Sena Stand case. It's classy full grain leather. I'm still breaking in the leather though. The case is kind of stiff when you first get it. It has helped my iPod touch survive a fall from the top of the fridge. (Still not sure how it got up there).

Runs about $40 and you can get it on amazon or the apple store.

I didn't like any of the lesser leather cases, and unfortunately I didn't know about vaja, though they are incredibly expensive.

Peace

10. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

In my opinion it's the incase slider, it offers great protection while leaving the bottom part to slide off so you can dock your iPod, it looks stylish, and leaves the entire front exposed for viewing. A little expensive but I'm finding it well worth the money.

11. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

I got a 32gb and on top of the applecare i decided to get

-Invisible Shield Anti-glare screen and back protector film
    -Incase Black slider
    -and a Belkin Leather Folio (i like the folio cover when putting in and out of my bag or pockets)

the incase slider is not much bulkier to the iPod Touch and slides rightinto the folio perfectly.

that way if i wanted to dock the ipod id still have a plastic casing on it in any event.

i know it seems alittle excessive, but such a pricey accessory (ipod touch) can never be too careful (safe than sorry they say!)

12. sers macrumors regular

I bought one of those hard polycarbonate cases for my touch, but don't use it much since I find it collects dirt and dust like crazy. Plus, I like the look of the touch naked - as it is. Until I dropped it today on concrete and got a couple of nicks on the back. Oh well, I still like it naked.

Typed on my iPod touch.

13. RndmPplPrsn macrumors newbie

I have the iTouch Incase Protective Case, its really well grip wise, cool design, and durable. The Slider is cool too, this one kinda makes it look fat. The only down side is that this one is an all purpose grip so it works well in all situations, as where the slider may not. But always go incase though, its the best, even though expensive.

14. aethelbert macrumors 601

In order for one to find the "best" case, he or she would have to try out every case made for the device. It's a matter of personal preference. I really doubt that anyone on here has tried every case and compared them all. Yet when you ask something like this, they'll still tell you that the one that they own is the best, probably simply because its the one that they bought. Look at some reviews, ask around, see some pictures, and decide for yourself. Asking which one is the best will just give you answers and opinions that are completely subjective to a single owner. Everyone can find something that they like, and you can too. But we can't do it for you.

15. g3ck0 macrumors member

16. adudeinblue macrumors newbie

"made with Terahedron™, ipouch's inner layer micron-sized filament construction will remove smears and fingerprints with in-situClean™ technology; making your iPod shiny and new each time you slip it in the ipouch"

Does that really work well? And the pouch for the ear pieces interest me, does it directly connect to the ipod through a whole within the front pocket to the main pocket with the ipod or is it just a pouch?

17. zen macrumors 65816

zen

I'm going to be looking for a case this month, and was curious about this Ivyskin Touch Retro T2. As far as I can see, it covers the screen with a shield as well, so you can still operate the touch but you've got complete protection? Does it work well?

I think it may be that or the moshi ipouch. I'll only use the iPod in the car, at home on the couch, and when I'm out walking. It's the walking that'll need a case of some kind, but I'll be carrying it mostly.

I was looking at the Belkin leather folio case, but I'm not if it looks a bit lame or not...

18. JeffMonty macrumors member

I had a DLO HipCase for a few weeks but recently switched to the inCase Slider.

The DLO was nice but it was uncomfortable to try and hold it open while watching videos on the Touch. I also didn't like the fact that, although it's called a HipCase (meaning it should be placed on the hip), it really wouldn't fit comfortably in a pocket at all. It was too bulky and I got tired of always having to have it clipped onto my belt. It protected the iPod well but if the case were to fall, there was a good chance that the iPod would come out; the case was very loose and the iPod constantly slipped up and down in it.

I just got the Slider two days ago and already love it. The case fits the iPod great and has a functional design (with the removable bottom) and all of the openings (for the sleep/wake button, dock connector, front panel) line up perfectly. The rubber lines on the inside of the case hold it in place well and offer very good protection.

19. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

20. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Personally, I use the DLO Action Jacket. I work out with my iPod, so I use the armband (it also comes with a belt clip), you can also just use the case alone. Only bad part: there's a little nub on the back where the belt clip would snap on if you wanted to use it, so there's an odd protrusion sometimes if you stick it in your pocket and don't enjoy plastic in your leg...

21. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

22. dn9 macrumors newbie

wats the best one with a belt clip that isnt leather and is cheap

23. B. Hunter macrumors regular

24. atad6 macrumors regular

25. mjdinsmore macrumors newbie