Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
With all the negative Mr. Monk-like OCD inspired posts on MR about the rMPP, let me say that this is the best computer I have ever owned. The screen is sharp, the bottom is cool and there isn't any lag.

I actually saw a post complaining because there is a gap between the screen hinge and the desk. :eek: Sheesh!

I have a 2011 27" iMac that I will be selling because this screen is sooo awesome!

If you can afford one, GET ONE! :)

tundoopani

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Congrats man! Although most people come to this subforum to discuss issues with their MBP, I'm glad to see posts like this one.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
I have already ordered mine and while I also have a 2011 iMac, I cannot see myself selling it for such a loss, so I might just give it to my SIL and buy a thunderbolt display and a MBA for the wife, so we both have a laptop and a "desktop" when we need the extra screen real estate.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
Congrats man! Although most people come to this subforum to discuss issues with their MBP, I'm glad to see posts like this one.

I purchased a topped out Air two months ago and returned it because I really didn't like the screen. It was an LG and I really didn't want to go back and forth until I received a non-LG screen.

I went to the Apple store and saw the Retina. It ROCKED! But I thought it would be $3K with all the topped out features.

I looked around MR and saw that the base model would be fine but I upgraded to 16GB instead of the base memory.

I'm in my living room watching TV and have this rMBP on my lap. My 2007 MBP would be burning me and almost out of battery life. This computer is cool and has several hours left in the tank.

It's only about a two hundred more than the fully tricked out Air I returned.

Bigger screen. Sharper screen. More colorful screen. Bigger battery.

And about half as thick and heavy as my 2007 17" Matte MBP... (which I still use on a daily basis).

Again, awesome! :p

----------

I have already ordered mine and while I also have a 2011 iMac, I cannot see myself selling it for such a loss...

I hear you. I hope I can get a good price for it. I bought the top-of-the-line model but downgraded the memory (only 4GB) and then went to OWC and bought a 16GB kit. So now it is the best I could have purchased but without paying the INSANE Apple memory price. ;)

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
While I do appreciate knowing about any rampant issues with a new product, I really appreciate upbeat positive posts like this. Usually people take 5x the effort to complain about something than praise it.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
While I do appreciate knowing about any rampant issues with a new product, I really appreciate upbeat positive posts like this. Usually people take 5x the effort to complain about something than praise it.

Well, you know how it is, you get a flat tire and instead of saying how great the other tires were and the spare really rocked... you complain about the flat. ;)

RealEyes

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2012
With all the negative Mr. Monk-like OCD inspired posts on MR about the rMPP, let me say that this is the best computer I have ever owned. The screen is sharp, the bottom is cool and there isn't any lag.

I actually saw a post complaining because there is a gap between the screen hinge and the desk. :eek: Sheesh!

I have a 2011 27" iMac that I will be selling because this screen is sooo awesome!

If you can afford one, GET ONE! :)

Hell yeah! Me too!

Let's get work on the glad / rage ratio around this place.

Mabyboi

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I've owned 2 MacBook airs and a MacBook pro in the last 3 years and now I'm waiting for my retina, I absolutely can't wait!

Unfortunately people come here to talk about their problems (not their fault) but that's all we see on here instead of success stories!

GoreVidal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
if you arent impressed with the rmbp, why are you listing it in your sig? id have sold it like a hotcake in a hunger strike. curious.

I did, for a $400 profit, just forgot to take it out of my sig. Thanks for the reminder.

ZacT94

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
This is my 4th computer and my first Mac. Easily the best computer I ever owned.

RAWphenom

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2010
606/859, KY
I bought the top-of-the-line model but downgraded the memory (only 4GB) and then went to OWC and bought a 16GB kit. So now it is the best I could have purchased but without paying the INSANE Apple memory price. ;)

Wait, you bought a RAM kit for your rMBP? Is the RAM not soldered in and, therefore, unchangeable?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.