Best. Computer. Ever!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by majordude, Jul 31, 2012.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

With all the negative Mr. Monk-like OCD inspired posts on MR about the rMPP, let me say that this is the best computer I have ever owned. The screen is sharp, the bottom is cool and there isn't any lag.

I actually saw a post complaining because there is a gap between the screen hinge and the desk. :eek: Sheesh!

I have a 2011 27" iMac that I will be selling because this screen is sooo awesome!

If you can afford one, GET ONE! :)

2. tundoopani macrumors newbie

Congrats man! Although most people come to this subforum to discuss issues with their MBP, I'm glad to see posts like this one.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

4. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I have already ordered mine and while I also have a 2011 iMac, I cannot see myself selling it for such a loss, so I might just give it to my SIL and buy a thunderbolt display and a MBA for the wife, so we both have a laptop and a "desktop" when we need the extra screen real estate.

5. DaffyDuck macrumors 6502

This is my 3rd MacBook Pro in 6 years. This is easily the best yet.

6. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

I purchased a topped out Air two months ago and returned it because I really didn't like the screen. It was an LG and I really didn't want to go back and forth until I received a non-LG screen.

I went to the Apple store and saw the Retina. It ROCKED! But I thought it would be $3K with all the topped out features.

I looked around MR and saw that the base model would be fine but I upgraded to 16GB instead of the base memory.

I'm in my living room watching TV and have this rMBP on my lap. My 2007 MBP would be burning me and almost out of battery life. This computer is cool and has several hours left in the tank.

It's only about a two hundred more than the fully tricked out Air I returned.

Bigger screen. Sharper screen. More colorful screen. Bigger battery.

And about half as thick and heavy as my 2007 17" Matte MBP... (which I still use on a daily basis).

Again, awesome! :p

----------

I hear you. I hope I can get a good price for it. I bought the top-of-the-line model but downgraded the memory (only 4GB) and then went to OWC and bought a 16GB kit. So now it is the best I could have purchased but without paying the INSANE Apple memory price. ;)

7. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

While I do appreciate knowing about any rampant issues with a new product, I really appreciate upbeat positive posts like this. Usually people take 5x the effort to complain about something than praise it.

8. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

9. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Well, you know how it is, you get a flat tire and instead of saying how great the other tires were and the spare really rocked... you complain about the flat. ;)

10. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

Fantastic thread contribution... bro.

11. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Any time dude.

12. RealEyes macrumors regular

Hell yeah! Me too!

Let's get work on the glad / rage ratio around this place.

13. rbille, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

rbille macrumors newbie

I second that opinion!

14. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I've owned 2 MacBook airs and a MacBook pro in the last 3 years and now I'm waiting for my retina, I absolutely can't wait!

Unfortunately people come here to talk about their problems (not their fault) but that's all we see on here instead of success stories!

15. flipnap macrumors 6502

if you arent impressed with the rmbp, why are you listing it in your sig? id have sold it like a hotcake in a hunger strike. curious.

16. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

17. jomirrivera macrumors 6502

he does not have one!

18. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

I did, for a $400 profit, just forgot to take it out of my sig. Thanks for the reminder.

19. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

I second the OP. Love my machine more and more each day.

20. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

Not only is this my first new Mac in 5 years, it's also the first laptop I've ever owned, and I can happily say that I've been blown away.

21. ZacT94 macrumors regular

This is my 4th computer and my first Mac. Easily the best computer I ever owned.

22. RAWphenom macrumors member

Wait, you bought a RAM kit for your rMBP? Is the RAM not soldered in and, therefore, unchangeable?

23. flipnap macrumors 6502

and people dont think we need a rmbp section...

24. jcpb macrumors 6502a

Because we don't.