Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chucktownwhat

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2011
Bang and Olufsen A8

I like the Bang and Olufsen A8, although they are over $100, they are worth it. The sound from these is fantastic! You will be able to hear instruments in music that you will not hear in your car stereo. Been using them for 2 years at the gym and have had no problems.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp

This is a link to the monster outlet where you can purchase a refurbished pair of Monster Turbine's for $49.95. A great price. I would pick myself up a pair, but I just recently purchased a pair of B+W C5's and I am really liking them so far.

90 day warranty. No chance. Thanks though for the link.

----------

I have to question how you use your headphones.
I've had my in-ear headphones for 3 years and they still work wonders. These are really old headphones!

Treat with total care. The S4's are poorly made. Thin wire and construction of rubber inevitably starts to tear where earbud is located. Finding tons of S4 reviews online with simliar stories to mine.

I think the way to go with earbuds is to seek out something with a strong cord. That's even if you want to spend anything over $100. Otherwise you just have to hope for the best and use your warranty if necessary.

----------

Anyone mention the Klipsch Image S4I?

Hilarious.

----------

I like the Bang and Olufsen A8, although they are over $100, they are worth it. The sound from these is fantastic! You will be able to hear instruments in music that you will not hear in your car stereo. Been using them for 2 years at the gym and have had no problems.

Not crazy about the idea of something being placed over my ear. I'd have to try these one before I buy. If I was going to spend that much I'd get the B&W's C5's.

thespazz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
I think I'm just going to get a pair of headphones for running. I'll keep babying the S4i that I have. People have said good things about Sennheiser PMX80s. Anyway, good luck Blair.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I just bought a pair of MEELectronics CC51-P from Amazin for $49.99.

They sound phenomenal. As good as and better than some $200-$300 buds. I also have a pair of Beats Turbines that sound excellent but I think the CC51's sound slight better with some music.

Plenty of natural sounding bass, just the right amount of mids and sharp highs. The mids is where it's better than the Turbines.

I highly recommend these. Like I said I bought them on Amazon but here's the link to the MEE site http://www.meelec.com/category_s/345.htm

Jamie pill

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2012
I approved a brace of bargain Skull Candy's a while aback (like $40) and fell in love. They accept a lifetime warranty, so if they went out a brace of months ago (after two years) I beatific them in and they forward out a agenda that I put appear a brace of Heavy Medals ($80) and they are the nice.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Any sennheiser is good, i have used a couple over the years and no problems so far.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Monster Turbines. I normally hate this company but their headphones have proven to be quite amazing and are very durable and sound GREAT.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Monster Turbines. I normally hate this company but their headphones have proven to be quite amazing and are very durable and sound GREAT.

I agree 100%. I don't per se hate Monster but the Turbines might be their best effort at IEMs. They sound great and build quality is very good.

Even though they don't have the flat cable Beats are known for, it's rugged and tangle resistant.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

However, the iPhone version of these is well over $100. They go for $169 on Amazon.

If you could do without the ControlTalk functionality (buttons and mic), then yeah, you can get a set for around $100.

mcarthon

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A334)

Isport immersion very good set.

JeffreyDJ

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I'm really surprised more people haven't gone for the Sol Republic Amps HDs. $99 and fully iphone compatible. Has the flat tangle free cord. Great quality and sound.

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Any sennheiser is good, i have used a couple over the years and no problems so far.

Yup. the CX series are all nice. You do have to be somewhat careful with how you store them I have damaged the cables a few times but thats really with any headphones. For the price you can't go wrong.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet since I didn't read the whole thread but... I bought the Beats Tour headphones from the monstercable.com outlet... I bought the model with control talk for $99.95 with free shipping. Apple sells these for $169. So far I really like them I listen to hip hop and some alternative mostly and the bass heavy sound is ideal for these genres. I also watch alot of movies on my iPhone and the bass heavy sound works well here too for sound effects etc..... I think my favorite part is the tangle free flat cable, I stuff the headphones in my jacket pocket and the Apple in-ear headphones I had before always got super tangled up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.