Best iPhone 4 Case? HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jeremy08, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Jeremy08 macrumors regular

It seems like there are complaints about one thing or another on nearly every case available. I want something that is both protective and sleek. I have seen otterbox and others, but I just don't know what to get. What do you guys think? Its a Verizon iPhone 4 btw. Thanks:D

2. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Speck pixelskin Hd! They sell it at the apple store.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

This. Great case!!

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

The very best case of all is to take care of your $600 phone correctly and not drop it ;)

5. Jeremy08 thread starter macrumors regular

You strike me as the type of individual who likes to hear themselves talk.

6. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Accidents happen my friend...some of us would like to be prepared for such.

7. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Ask 100 people you'll get 100 different answers.

8. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

You're asking the wrong question. And you're asking the wrong people.

What you should be asking is which case is best for you. The Otterbox Commuter is the best for me, because it does what I need it to do.

Determine what your needs are and go from there... good luck!

9. Jeremy08 thread starter macrumors regular

I like the idea of sleek but rugged. I need something that can handle a drop or two. I read that the otterbox commuter doesn't have the greatest fit, at least compared to the 3gs version, any thoughts? Any gripes about this case? I was thinking about ordering off of amazon for like 18 bucks, with prime its a pretty good deal..

10. Jeremy08 thread starter macrumors regular

Also, do you have to use the screen protector that comes with the case? And do you think that the edge around the phone is uncomfortable on the ear?

11. Slower Pace macrumors member

12. JohnBossu macrumors member

the bumper is my first choice, though I'm considering to get one of those alloy bumpers but money is tight right now :p

13. kicko macrumors 65816

14. BIG BOSS macrumors regular

BIG BOSS

I just got the SGP Linear. I really like it a lot. Check it out at SPGStore.com.

15. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

if it fit the verizon iphone correctly. And despite what incipio's website says, it does not. I had one. Also the TPU is too sticky when trying to remove the phone from your pocket.

16. alox macrumors member

17. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Another vote for this. Although I try to stick to a bumper or naked. As people said depends on your needs. Everyone will have their own opinions.

18. MaxMike macrumors 6502

I think that's what I'll have to have on order for when I get my Verizon iPhone 4 in about 3 weeks :D

19. kicko macrumors 65816

good to know i guess on the verizon fitting. With tpu i never had an issue with pockets, although this one is matte and i have only had glossy tpu cases.

That sucks i was going to get one, it was either that or a speck satin seethru but they dont make a verizon version either. step it up you case companies!

20. HeyItsRaymond macrumors member

HeyItsRaymond

I agree, I use the Speck Pixelskin for all my iOS devices. iPhone, iPad and Touch.

It's a little think but I've dropped my iPad and iPhone from heights of 3-4 feet and these cases made it so it didn't even get a scratch.

[​IMG]

21. Attackcenter macrumors newbie

Best Iphone 4 case for death grip, minimal bulk, and protection (ALSO FRONT PROTECTIO

I'm looking for a iphone 4 case that basically has the thinness of a Icipio Feather or Iskin Solo. Also, it needs to have the fat lip surrounding it for protection on the front/sides like the Otterbox Commuter case or the Original Apple Iphone 4 bumper case. Lastly, it needs to have the same material as the Apple Iphone 4 Bumper so that it is guranteed that it is insulates the phone against the death grip from the signal generated by your touch. Not to mention the Iphone case should cover the volume buttons also, as I've heard that because the volume buttons are a part of the frame that holding that part of the frame may not give you the death grip but causes reception problems.

Were any of the accessory manufacturers smart enough to make a case that fulfils (what seems to me are) as obvious needs?

PIXEL SKIN HD:

Let me also mention I don't understand all the comments about the Pixel Skin HD. I have one of those sitting around that I had gotten from the free case program that I never opened. I was shocked when I opened the shipping box that it had no front lip sticking out for the lay on the table design. What does this mean? It means it won't do jack for your front glass if you drop it. I felt ripped off, because of the ingenious design and fat protruding lip of the Apple Iphone 4 Bumper. The Bumper is a sure win in protection versus this case, as long as you have front and back screen protectors (which I think are a must anyways). I tried to return it to Apple, but they wouldn't let me.
    Not to mention that I think it was Metagamers that reviewed the Pixel Skin HD on Youtube that stated that the new design has stiff buttons. You guys don't work for Speck do you?

AC

22. JASApplications macrumors 65816

No case! Just a front and back screen protector :)

23. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

The Pixelskin does have a lip. I don't like it since it's way too bulky and ugly for my tastes. The grip issue is supposed to only affect the bottom left corner. I have never experienced any of this antena issue even when using the phone naked. As for the case you are looking there is nothing like that and I don't think it is even possible to manufacture such a case.

The question of the OP will have a different answer depending on who you ask. I personaly find the Switcheasy Vulcan to be the best case for me. Thin, translucent and covers the phone's ports. A close second is the Hula for looks.

24. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I love my Griffin Motif. :D

I had a black bumper, which is nice, but it's not friendly with older, 3rd party dock connectors.