Best iPhone 4 case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blen, Jun 27, 2010.

1. blen macrumors regular

blen

Hey guys,

I'm a pretty loyal incase customer, but they still don't have any cases out.

What's the best case you've seen thus far? Looking for ideas.

Post pics!

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

I'm particular to the bumper. But it seems as if you're looking for a full case. Bumper looks simple and clean.

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I second the bumper recommendation. It literately feels like it is part of the iPhone and not a case.

4. blen thread starter macrumors regular

blen

Right - I'm using a bumper right now, and I actually like the form factor a lot better than the phone itself.

But leaving the back fully exposed kind of scares me (yes, accidents do happen.)

5. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

I have not felt an Apple bumper in my hand, so can't speak to it. Most of the cases and Best Buy were soft silicone type cases. No thanks, my wife saw with her 3G the protection they offered from a 3 ft drop to a tile floor. I ended up getting two Griffin cases that are a lot like the bumpers but also have a clear place panel to protect the back. The material around the edges was not as hard as plastic, but firmer than silicone.

What Best Buy did NOT have, and what I want, is a case with a belt clip. Buy far the best 3G hard case with belt clip I found was the one offered by Apple, although I forget its name. I am hoping they come up with one similar for the iP4.

6. jdwebby macrumors newbie

I bought the ifrogz case from best buy. For a full case this is a real good quality case. Easy to use and makes the phone more comfortable to hold. The only downside was that the sleep/wake button is kinda recessed a little too much in the case making it a little getting use to using the button

Other then that it has been good.

Just my 2 cents

7. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

8. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

If you like the looks of the bumper but dont want the back exposed then get a Griffin Reveal. It has a clear plastic back so you can see the phone. If i had pics i would post em up. In the iPhone accessories part of the forum there is a review on it. It comes in white and black and the white case looks awesome on the black phone! It looks very similar to having a bumper and you get nice back protection as well.

Hope this helped!

9. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

I second this, and a good backup would be the Griffin case that is clear.

10. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

I must 3rd the last two posts. I got the Griffin Reveal at Best Buy and I LOVE it. I, too, have been waiting to see the offerings of Incase and Seidio for a "full-time" case (Otterbox when more protection is needed), but I needed something for the time-being ... but I saw the Griffin Reveal and liked it. After using it for a couple of days, I may not be that interested in anything else. It looks really great.

11. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

+1 I bought the iFrogz Burgundy and Black case love it and it is comfortable

See here I got it at Best Buy for $32.99

12. djgulia macrumors 6502

I bought two cases from Best Buy..the ifrogz LuxeLean and one by Rocketfish.. I'll decide which one to keep and which to return when I get my phone.

13. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

The new two piece incase that comes with two different color inserts is friggin amazing. I can't get over how much nicer the ip4 cases over the 3g ones.

AT&T stores have a great supply of ifrogz and incase all for around 29 each

14. Nicklaus macrumors 6502

Nicklaus

Agree with you. I slipped one on in the store and it was really nice but they only had white at my BB.

15. Texandriver macrumors newbie

Have you taken a flash photo with it yet? Unfortunately, you may be disappointed...

Otherwise, its a great case.

16. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

That is because it isn't one.
    Drop your phone with the bumper- it still will crack.
    Put the bumper phone in your pocket with keys, it still will scratch.

17. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

i felt apple bumpers don't really offer any protection, so went to bestbuy and got griffin reveal. i think this case is pretty good and white on black is pretty sexyyyyyy

18. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

if you are talking about griffin reveal ....this was taken last night w/the case on
    http://gallery.me.com/kliang80#100007/Test_1

19. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

i just got the Belkin - Grip Vue case from best buy and i love it..its like plastic and rubber mixed....its awesome :D

20. Tech-Minded macrumors regular

Absolutely agree. There were only silicone cases that were purple/pink, and there it was: a green iFrogz case. It's a great case and it keeps the slim design of the iphone 4.

21. farmermac macrumors 6502a

i hope marware comes out with the sportshell for the iphone 4. It is amazing for the 3GS.

22. blen thread starter macrumors regular

blen

Thanks!

This case actually looks amazing...can you post some hands on photos? :D

23. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I bought the Griffin Reveal too, and it looks and feels great. However, the claims of it fudging up flash photos is true. I don't know why, but whenever I take a flash photo, there is a lot of fog. It shouldn't happen because there is a cut out for the flash, but it does. Anyone know why?

24. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Maybe blacking out the leading edge with black marger would remove the flash bleed?