Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lakergoon24

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
21oypog.jpg

This is a pretty good case for $10 on Amazon

eTip

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
i just got the Belkin - Grip Vue case from best buy and i love it..its like plastic and rubber mixed....its awesome :D

+1.

I like the Belkin better than the Griffin. To me, it feels better in my hand and I am not a fan of the white. Please note that both of these cases have the issue affecting pictures taken w/ the flash (fixable with a Sharpie)....

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
+1.

I like the Belkin better than the Griffin. To me, it feels better in my hand and I am not a fan of the white. Please note that both of these cases have the issue affecting pictures taken w/ the flash (fixable with a Sharpie)....

i went at it with a box cutter and made mine a clear bumper lol...just using it until incase comes out with some stuff:D

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4uMTZWh0Rc

tech21's iband, never used them but interested as I just found out about them recently.

that video is pretty convincing, and i hope they make a band for the iphone 4, they look just like a bumper

I have heard that they are a bit bulky, but with a 24% thinner phone and the fact that people are breaking this phone from 3 ft up, im not in the mood for taking chances

I'm waiting for white, hopefully by then they have a case out

kjanice2009

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2009
Just saw the iPhone 4 cases from Dsstyles.com, the desription said that the case can improve the antenna performance, just going to have a try!

LeAnn

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
It is great to see so many other people like the Griffin Reveal!

I went to Best Buy and probably stared at the options for a good 20 minutes. Fortunately where I live nothing was sold out and they had a lot to pick from.

At first I thought to go with the Belkin clear case, but heard that the cutout interferred with the flash (thanks you guys for the heads up) and was excited to see the Griffin Reveal.

Putting it on was super easy and the feel great, I have had it on for 4 days now and I have had to take it off and on with no stretching or misfitting.

I am not sure if anyone else has the invisishield on the phone but after the horrid experience with the stealth guards I bought the invisishield and had a terrible time trying to get the case over it. It seems the case wanted to stick to the shield.

So I had read a tip about a small amount of baby powder helping with condensation and figured it couldnt really hurt in sliding the case on. I put a VERY small amount, made sure almost all of it was dusted off and put the phone back in. Went very smoothly :)

sorry about the dust!

36008_633943859512_25110791_36760696_3243778_n.jpg

36008_633943864502_25110791_36760697_7877469_n.jpg

eTip

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
It is great to see so many other people like the Griffin Reveal!

I went to Best Buy and probably stared at the options for a good 20 minutes. Fortunately where I live nothing was sold out and they had a lot to pick from.

At first I thought to go with the Belkin clear case, but heard that the cutout interferred with the flash (thanks you guys for the heads up) and was excited to see the Griffin Reveal.

Uhhhhhh.....the Griffin also has the same issue with the flash that the Belkin does....

Texandriver

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
if you are talking about griffin reveal ....this was taken last night w/the case on
http://gallery.me.com/kliang80#100007/Test_1

Yeah, sorry, I was talking about the Reveal...

That pic is alot better than the ones I took with my Reveal on. Mine are all foggy. I made sure the lens wasn't blocked and was very clean just to be sure.

I didn't buy the phone to use as a camera, but it is still annoying that these issues cant be found and fixed in development. Just one more reason that, to me, this whole release of phone and accessories seems to be rushed.

The joys of being an Early Adopter...

mbob

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2009
I bought the ifrogz case from best buy. For a full case this is a real good quality case. Easy to use and makes the phone more comfortable to hold. The only downside was that the sleep/wake button is kinda recessed a little too much in the case making it a little getting use to using the button

Other then that it has been good.

Just my 2 cents

I have this case on also until my bumper comes in. Have you noticed that the side isn't an exact fit and can click in with little squeezing?

Mfear

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
:rolleyes:i have teh white griffin reveal, too..best buy was out of black so i am keeping the box/receipt in myc ar and just stoppnig in randomly and will exchange if they get black back in stock..very pleased with it.. disappointed with the glass on the iPhone though.. i alredy have a couple tiny scratches on the screen..i'm not rough with the phone and i understand that 'normal' use should yield a couple blemishes on a regular phone, but I thought this glass was supposed to be special. :-\

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
I had ordered a case online. They keep pushing back shipping. I found a nice case at AT&T on Saturday and cancelled the online order. AT&T has a good selection and will be getting more the CSR told me.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
That might be the answer. The light must pass through or be reflected by the plastic and be picked up by the camera sensor. The flash is very close to the lens. I have one and may blacken up the interior of the hole. :cool:

Edit: Ok, I just blackened up the entire opening with a sharpie. It was simple. Don't know if it will help but it can't hurt. :0

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
I'm a big fan of Otterbox cases - I'll be getting one as soon as they allow me to give them my money ...

:cool:

muu

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I have this case on also until my bumper comes in. Have you noticed that the side isn't an exact fit and can click in with little squeezing?

Definitely have noticed that. I also don't like the ugly middle nub -- makes it so the phone doesn't rest flat on its back either.

Considering going back to the store to replace w/ the incipio case, though I do like the looks of this...

auditdirox

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2010
Is there any advantage to getting the Apple Bumpers (ie. if the screen cracks i get a new phone) besides the looks??:confused:

extrachrispy

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2009
Sacramento Mountains, New Mexico
Is there any advantage to getting the Apple Bumpers (ie. if the screen cracks i get a new phone) besides the looks??:confused:

On launch day, they were the only game in town, and the advantage was the protection offered against an edge-on impact to the glass if you dropped the phone. Mine also rendered me utterly ignorant of the "death grip" problem until I had read about it, because with the bumper on, I never experienced it.

For my money, a Belkin Grip-Vue with the Sharpie fix beats a Bumper, but I still want some (removable) impact protection for the front, so I'll probably be getting an iSkin Revo 4 when they become available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.