iPad Best keyboard case for iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Trickhot3102, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Trickhot3102 macrumors 6502

Trickhot3102

hey guys! I'll be going to college in August and I am planning on using my iPad Air 2 to do most of my typing/note taking. What would you guys recommended for a good, quality keyboard case? I was looking at this ClamCase...

http://www.clamcase.com/clamcase-pl...IPD-302-SGRY&gclid=CM3RmNzq680CFQMHaQodwykHWA
    --- Post Merged, Jul 11, 2016 ---
    EDIT: it doesn't have to be a keyboard CASE. Just any keyboard/keyboard case recommendations

2. sparksd macrumors 6502a

I have the Belkin QODE Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case and like it a lot.

3. roneylirio macrumors member

I prefer the Microsoft keyboard
    https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Un...1468267374&sr=1-6&keywords=microsoft+keyboard

and an Apple original Smartcover.

4. bluespark macrumors 65816

I've tried bunches, and I easily prefer the Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro. Workmanship is excellent, the keyboard feels like a small (but very comfortable) MacBook Air keyboard (complete with user-selectable backlighting), the iPad cover fits wonderfully (like an extension of the device itself), the iPad can be used with the keyboard in portrait or landscape mode and the screen detaches from the keyboard when you want, and it perfectly accommodates an Apple Smart Cover if you sometimes want to use the iPad that way.

5. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

I've used the Logitech Ultrathin for years now on my Air. If separates are ok for you, and you have a padded space to store it, the Apple Bluetooth keyboard is the nicest one out there IMO, although the Logitech K811 is also very nice, and has backlit keys.

Whatever you get, for an iPad make sure it's OSX/iOS specific, no Windows keys.

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

That Belkin was on my short list of choices.

Before passing the iPad Air 2 to my wife, I was using the Belkin Qode Ultrathin keyboard case. Three things that I really appreciated about it are:

(a) that it is... duh... ultra-thin so it minimally increases weight and thickness.

(b) auto-on when the iPad is set in one of the 2 magnetic positions the keyboard is automatically turned on. and...

(c) it is so thin that it can be "Z-folded" so that they keys are facing the back of the case(protecting the keys) and the whole thing can be held and used as a tablet without removing the iPad from the case.