Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
desmay coming out this weekend, its the thinnest possible. the color selection is great. i have 6 colors on order.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm leaning towards the incase slider when it comes out, because those won't pop off the phone if it's dropped like the snap cases probably will.

Sadly there's still a few more weeks before the Incase ones come out.

broboore

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
I'm leaning towards the incase slider when it comes out, because those won't pop off the phone if it's dropped like the snap cases probably will.

Sadly there's still a few more weeks before the Incase ones come out.

Do you have a Best Buy locally? I picked up the Incase Slider there.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Do you have a Best Buy locally? I picked up the Incase Slider there.

Sweet!! Thank you for letting me know; I just picked one up at Best Buy and it is awesome.

I figured since InCase's own *web site* says they wouldn't be out until October, that they... wouldn't be out until October.

I love having a case on my phone. Now I can toss it about, and leave it in more locations without worrying. :)

SlyMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
I bought and use the ifrogz ultralean. if you can get past the name, it is a surprisingly good fit and very thin. sides are flush with the screen, which i like. Bought at best buy.

----------

elago slim fit black with the soft feeling.

Man thats a nice lookin case. Do you know what stores sell them? the packaging looks like you can open and try the case without breaking a seal.

broboore

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Sweet!! Thank you for letting me know; I just picked one up at Best Buy and it is awesome.

I figured since InCase's own *web site* says they wouldn't be out until October, that they... wouldn't be out until October.

I love having a case on my phone. Now I can toss it about, and leave it in more locations without worrying. :)

You're welcome. I was surprised to see them there as well for the same reason.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO

I've had the Incase slider & sliderPro cases on my 4gs almost since day-one...with a brief fling with an Otterbox Commuter that proved to be great but a bit too bulky. So...back to the slider.

Not the same level of sheer protection as the Otterbox at all, but slim, grippy & has taken some falls w/o phone damage.

I'll use the Incase Slider on my 5no doubt.

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC

I LOVE the elago Slim Fit 2, though I prefer the semi-glossy finish over the matte. I have the black and dark gray for my 4S and when I eventually upgrade I'll definitely be picking up a few elago cases.

NemesisR6

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
incipio frequency is what i am rocking. I dont think it gets much better for an easy to find off the shelf unit
^This.

I picked up one of these at Radio Shack yesterday. Very sturdy but stylish at the same time and EXTREMELY low profile for a "rubber" case.

Now if my phones would just get here so I can actually use it.... :/

DrMotownMac

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Michigan
I've heard people mention the Nude iPhone 5 case from SwitchEasy. The ultraclear color under the glossy options is truly invisible, thus giving you the absolute minimum in terms of thinness, weight and color. It almost looks like no case at all. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm very tempted!

Oops, I just realized there's a whole other thread on this case. D'oh!!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1445392/

Attachments

• nude1.jpg
    nude1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 91
  • nude2.jpg
    nude2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 87
  • nude4.jpg
    nude4.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

onepremiere

macrumors regular
May 16, 2012

This, I got one for my GF's 4 on Amazon, and I was impressed. The case is very snug, does a good job protecting, and doesn't leave any evidence behind. Can't beat $9.99 either.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
desmay coming out this weekend, its the thinnest possible. the color selection is great. i have 6 colors on order.

Desmay type cases can be found on eBay. Search for 0.3 mm and 0.2 mm

The desmay is too expensive and takes too long to arrive.

MaxxVE

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
I'll put one more vote out there for the Elago S5 series. Loved the slim fit on my iPhone 4. Had the glossy white and it may have been a little too slick so this time I'm going with a soft touch.

cbpelikan

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
cb
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251157257282

Here's a .3mm plastic one. Shipped from usa for $7.
You could go with 12 for $30 in case they break easily.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I'd be careful with that one man. It might totally block cellular reception, and chaffe the hell out of the metal band on the phone when you install it.

Damn, I didn't even think about reception issues. I only paid $6.99 for it, worth the risk. It has "internal flocking adhesive, for ultimate protection", whatever the hell that is. I'll give my review here once I receive it. I am now leary.

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Are those cheap desmay-like case the same?
I am looked at them and I can't tell a single difference and the fact they are manufactured in China also tells me Desmay are ripping people off, you could actually but 10 Desmay-like cases for the price of one of their own.

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2002
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251157257282

Here's a .3mm plastic one. Shipped from usa for $7.
You could go with 12 for $30 in case they break easily.

Thanks for the link. I just ordered one for my black iPhone 5. I left a message in PayPal to the seller that I preferred the case in black, but my second choice was in white (the one in the link).

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Are those cheap desmay-like case the same?
I am looked at them and I can't tell a single difference and the fact they are manufactured in China also tells me Desmay are ripping people off, you could actually but 10 Desmay-like cases for the price of one of their own.

Desmay are ripping people off the eBay cases are identical to Desmay and even come from HK

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.