Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
It seems like it's mostly the same 8-10 guys who seem to have a great passion against this product but jump into every single thread about it like they can't resist following it. I expect a few if then to jump into this thread just anytime now. Since they are so, VERY disinterested- seeing "no point" and "solution in search of a problem", etc, I don't know why they waste their time... but I know they'll join the conversation and share the same bashes. Perhaps they think they can save the rest of us from making a terrible purchasing mistake??? Our heroes! ;)
yup, like the way the "Apple Silicon" forum has gone ...
VPro is going to need a lot more convincing than iPhone, and I want to try one on before committing to see with my own eyes. I see many many (vertical, maybe niche) use cases but it will take time ...
And in case you haven't heard of these guys - combine that with VPro: https://haptx.com/

AlexESP

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2014
I have so many questions about Vision Pro, the main one being... How Pro is Pro?
Are we talking Mac Pro or iPad Pro? As we know, those Pros can be very different. One is a tool capable of the highest-end video editing, multitrack audio, 3-D animation and motion graphics (amongst other things). These tools can be found in professional studios that bill clients, win awards and pay mortgages. The other is a really nice (and big) iPad. I'm curious where Vision Pro falls on Apple's Pro scale. Time will tell?
“How pro” is not a quantitative scale. The iPad is more suited for profesional use in some ways, the Mac Pro in others. People bill clients, win awards and pay mortgages with both the Mac and the iPad. Even, to some extent, with the Apple Watch (sport). Hopefully VP tries to open new paradigms and not just play in the “scales” of other products.

75Batt

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2022
Glasgow
Will be interesting to see how many devs or studios will actually use the time and money to develop full on Vision Pro apps (and I am not talking about simply having the iPad / iOS app float on a „window“ or whatever it’s called on Vision Pro) when they hardly support Live Activities or the Dynamic Island on an already established device. Don’t even get me started on Apple Watch
Live activites / Dynamic island are gmmiicks. Totally useless. Developers know this

xander49x

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
world
Will be interesting to see how many devs or studios will actually use the time and money to develop full on Vision Pro apps (and I am not talking about simply having the iPad / iOS app float on a „window“ or whatever it’s called on Vision Pro) when they hardly support Live Activities or the Dynamic Island on an already established device. Don’t even get me started on Apple Watch
Why is Apple being blamed, Apple make the tech available it's up to the developers to incorporate it into their app's, we as app users should contact the developers to update their apps with the features that's available to them for us to use or develop a app with all the features available. Turn that frown upside down and be positive.

Last edited:

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
I have so many questions about Vision Pro, the main one being... How Pro is Pro?
Are we talking Mac Pro or iPad Pro? As we know, those Pros can be very different. One is a tool capable of the highest-end video editing, multitrack audio, 3-D animation and motion graphics (amongst other things). These tools can be found in professional studios that bill clients, win awards and pay mortgages. The other is a really nice (and big) iPad. I'm curious where Vision Pro falls on Apple's Pro scale. Time will tell?
It sounds meaningless and only there to justify the price. To be fair, VR is a niche that is not cheap to do well, especially in an all-contained piece, so I can understand why they would align it with a “Pro” line.

That said, it still really says to me just how easily Apple will throw the “Pro” word around as nothing more than marketing, and even that word is starting to be replaced by “Ultra” as the actual professional line, which IMO is very confusing and detracts from the message it’s trying to send.

red elma

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2019
Silicon Valley
Better to keep an open mind...
AR, VR followed by Hologram will eventually be the new future for science, technology, education and entertainment... and Apple is very well aware of this...

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Keep in mind, they demoed Microsoft Office apps running on (likely iPad versions), but those apps are surprisingly very mature for what most people need which is document compatibility. I use Excel on my iPhone at work for a lot of inventory work. On top of the fact that Apple will already have their collection of apps ready for it. If you think there weren't be a great selection of third party apps, you are not watching social media. If you follow influencer developers like Steven Troughton Smith, you will obviously realize there are many devs prepping their apps for this. The concern is, will there be buyers of the device?

kkee

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2023
Sydney
As I remembered correctly, first gen iPhone didn't fly out shelves either. Despite revolutionized mobile phone at that time, it took a couple generation for it to be extremely popular. Every single techs that goes into VP is the best that current tech limitation can offer. Spare no expense has its cost and that cost is reflected in the price. True, VP is not for everybody (yet) but it is a start that is needed for spatial computing. It is not mean to an end, but a platform that open for more possibilities (if you have imagination).

Don't try it if you don't want it. But if you dare to try, be ready to want it.

bank-balance-meme_647e681a0418a.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Why is Apple being blamed, Apple make the tech available it's up to the developers to incorporate it into their app's, we as app users should contact the developers to update their apps with the features that's available to them for us to use or develop a app with all the features available. Turn that frown upside down and be positive.
No where did I mention Apple tho

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
Literally the silliest, most ridiculous-looking product I have ever seen. I don’t care if it were designed by Leonardo DaVinci himself. Zero interest.

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
“Apple iPhone is too little too late and too expensive!” “It will flop I tell you! Flop!”Apple is doomed!”…..2006/2007
History shows how stupid people are with their narrow-minded vision. And now their own Apple products are on their way to upgrading their iPhones again. your right!

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
Why are you telling on yourself like this?
um..........talking to yourself it seems. reading is so important maybe you should.

Assuming that I don't own any Apple products. FACT is a little boy; I have owned Apple products for years. Not only that, Apple shareholder, and I make enough to replace when I like. So next time you try trolling. Show respect instead of trying to cause a hate war.

Last edited:

dante_mr

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2023
I can't see there being many dedicated apps, but hopefully the few that do appear will be top quality and show it off to the max. Is there a way to filter out all the iPhone and iPad apps?
If it's anything like the Mac App Store, there will be a dedicated section for iPhone and iPad apps. In fact, I'm pretty sure that was already shown during the keynote towards the end when they showed off the visionOS App Store.

And yeah, I don't think there will be a lot of dedicated apps for this first gen. But as long as Apple can get the "big apps" ported I think we'll be good.

So mainly streaming apps, productivity (e.g. Office was already confirmed), and a handful of games and that should hold things over till more developers jump on board.

Netflix is a big one that's rumored not to be ported but I imagine the iOS version should suffice.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.