Bezel loosening off Alu 13" screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Joe91, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Joe91 macrumors newbie

G'day - long time lurker, first time poster :)

So I have an early alu MacBook bought in November last year.

A couple weeks ago I noticed I could see what I thought was a line of dirt just on the edge of the black bezel where it says 'MacBook' - right where the bezel meets the actual screen. I went to wipe it off, and instead it seems that the plastic (no idea what it is) is actually a little loose from the screen - almost as if it has come unstuck. You can push it and feel it move a tad all the way to about 2.5cm above the middle of the bezel and a little to the sides. Basically it feels like whatever layer covering the LCD is coming unstuck from the screen.

After calling Apple and being referred to a service provider, they said if it is brought in on Monday they can have it repaired/replaced/whatever within 3-5 days - pretty good turnaround I think.

Also, I haven't been keeping up to much with the Mac community for a while - so I'm unsure if this is an issue that has received attention etc. So has anyone else experienced this issue?

EDIT: The genius in me has posted this in the MB Pro/PB board - oops!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not that I have noticed. BTW, no problem with the thread, your MacBook can also be called MacBook Pro due to certain likelyness...

3. Joe91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update & bump:was still planning on waiting till the end of term to take it in, then as I was closing the lid I noticed this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Definitely getting worse. Taking it in to be looked at tomorrow.

4. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

:eek: that dont look too healthy.
    As long as they dont think you dropped it they shold sort that out no probs:)

5. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

it shouldn't be a problem either way.
    apple is really good about taking care of their customers,
    and even if they -think- you dropped it for some reason they should still help you out.
    i can't imagine anybody dropping a macbook and it having no dents.
    unless you dropped it perfectly flat or something.

but i've heard storiessssss

i just
    can't believe it.