biggest complaint on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jvmxtra, Oct 23, 2011.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Seriously, (besides almost kiddie like default email interface), how do you all endure this almost moronic one sound fits all alerting/notification???

Is apple just purposely not fixing this or ?(is there fix in JB?)

I am talking about the fact that I cannot separate the volume of ring tone vs other alerts(text message and what not)

ps:I am an apple freak so please... just honest complaint.

2. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

I see your point, but it doesn't bother me as much because you can pretty much change every other noise this thing makes. From sending email to calendar alerts.

But it might just be me, i've been told i see the glass as half full.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It doesn't bother me any. In fact I've never even thought of it before.

4. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Seriously it's funny you guys don't think this is moronic.

It almost feels like no brainier.

5. neile45 macrumors regular

I was able to change my notifications. Every one is different

6. ap3604 macrumors 68000

If your going to symply rant then put a *rant* in the title of the thread.

Otherwise don't ask for opinions and then instantly criticize anyone who has a differing opinion...

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

8. jjlannoo Suspended

He wants a separate volume control for ringers and a separate one for alerts. Android and the BB OS have this.

9. neile45 macrumors regular

I don't remember that on my EVO, I must have misunderstood. Why would you want this?

10. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Never even occurred to me either, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Could always drop the feedback to Applr though

11. jjlannoo Suspended

So you could silence one and not the other I spose.

12. tmdouglas macrumors newbie

I also don't remember this feature from my EVO, but after having my 4s in my hand, I don't remember much about my EVO. :D

13. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

I never thought of this, nor thought it was a problem. Just curious, why would you want different volume controls?

14. BigSky20 macrumors regular

I hate my yellow tinted screen! The apple store would not swap it out. They said that they do not guarantee a certain screen calibration. Fun stuff.

15. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Couldn't you just create / edit custom sounds with a lower volume and use those?

16. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

I don't get it either. Seems like it would be a pain in the @ss changing all volumes independently.

17. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I've never wished for this feature, nor would I likely use it if it were there. But everyone has different wants/needs for their device, and as long as it's not in the way ;) I guess there's no harm in having separate volume capability.

You can request it here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

18. applefan289 macrumors 68000

This does bother me.

Why can't you turn off the keypad number dial tone?
    Why can't I have my ringtone set to "none"?
    Why isn't the vibrate option separated from all the notifications versus ringtone? (This can be solved by turning off an app in Notification Center, but really...)

These little things do bother me. I want Mail to be in notification center, and I want my ringtone to vibrate when I get a call. But I do not want it to vibrate when I receive an email. But I want Mail in Notification Center...so I'm screwed.

They really need to add in these little options.

I should only be jolted with vibration when I get a call, not when I receive an unimportant email...

So right now, I currently have it set to my custom ringtone (ripped from a CD), the number keypad tone is obviously on, and I have Mail set to only play a sound when a message is sent (I like hearing Swoosh when it's sent).

Everything else is turned off as far as sound. When I'm somewhere very quiet that shouldn't have ANY sound, I turn the mute switch on.

Also, I found that one of the apps in Notification Center gives a sound by default...turned that off too.

Apple is so good, but sometimes there's these little frustrations...there must be a reason for everything, but still. :rolleyes:

19. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

The iPhone 4S, is an excellent phone.

Perfect? No...there is no perfect phone.
    Excellent? Yes

As time goes by Apple will address the normal bugs that are a fact of life with any new release.

There's only been one iPhone that was truly bad, the Antennagate Special. (AKA iPhone 4)

I'm just thrilled that Apple finally learned how to build a good phone & included it in the 4S.

20. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I'm not sure I follow you. No brainier that what?

21. Maverickster macrumors regular

While I agree with your overall sentiment, it's highly, highly unlikely that Apple will address this (although, I would consider this a feature, not a bug).

Account-specific email signatures anyone?

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Be careful what you wish for. I have my phone saying "Droid" on email notifications (in that droid voice), I think my wife soiled herself when that went off at 3:00 in the morning.

23. posguy99 macrumors 6502

Why don't you just add a silent ringtone and set your ringtone to that, like the rest of us do?

What a non-problem.

24. Texran macrumors regular

if you don't like iPhone keep or buy your droid or whatever and leave here

25. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, we should all accept everything as it is and not press for what we'd like. :eek: