Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Billie Eilish Documentary 'The World's A Little Blurry' Launching in Theaters and Apple TV+ in February 2021

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple in December shelled out $25 million for the rights to a Billie Eilish documentary that follows the 18-year-old singer-songwriter's life after the launch of her debut album in March 2019. Apple today announced a release date for the documentary, which was directed by R.J. Cutler. It's coming out in theaters and on Apple TV+ in February 2021.

Descriptions of the documentary suggest that it will highlight moments between Eilish and her family and provide behind-the-scenes looks at public appearances.

Apple has released several music documentaries in the past, but this is the first that will premiere on Apple TV+ instead of Apple Music. Taylor Swift's "The 1989 World Tour (Live)" and Ed Sheeran's "Songwriter" were both made available through Apple Music when they were released.

Eilish's album, "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" earned her Grammy awards including Best New Artist, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and more.

Article Link: Billie Eilish Documentary 'The World's A Little Blurry' Launching in Theaters and Apple TV+ in February 2021

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
There's way too much negativity in this thread. It's okay to have different opinions. Full disclosure: I'm not a fan either.

I will say this: Denigrating another human being you don't even know on a personal level is toxic. No one is forcing you to watch this documentary. There's already enough hate in the world, so let's try be more civil...

Mr. Dee

macrumors 68030
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
The amount hate Mariah Carey got, yer, her body of work speaks for herself. A relatable story of failure, success and difficulties and all most of comments could say she’s a diva.

Reactions: gridlocked

gridlocked

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2019
RI
Each to their own likes and dislikes.

Since Apple sites have decided to expand their scope to include Apple TV+ media I don't see any reason why every comment should be blind adoration rather than one's actual opinion.

Tastes in media content differ considerably from hardware and software likes and to me that is understandable as long as free speech is allowed here.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
There's way too much negativity in this thread. It's okay to have different opinions. Full disclosure: I'm not a fan either.

I will say this: Denigrating another human being you don't even know on a personal level is toxic. No one is forcing you to watch this documentary. There's already enough hate in the world, so let's try be more civil...

Quite agree. I don't really like her music but I know she is an exceptionally talented musician. I also know I like lots of bad music. You don't have to like something to appreciate it.

tribeaumes

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2016
Man, since when has it been cool to talk trash about an 18 year old girl. She might not be YOUR cup of tea but she is to many.

Untalented? I think her numerous awards including 5 Grammys say different.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2012
My God... a documentary for an 18 year old singer... I really have nothing more to say to this...

Ps: this is my opinion i am not asking anyone to endorse it, but please dont try and argue with me on this. I have wasted already enough of my time on this...

ArPe

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2020
I don't know how people enjoy her sleepy stoner music enough to make a tv show about her.

Corporate social engineering. Make the kids feel depressed and bored and dead. The whole top 10 same thing. Kids are much easier to manipulate if they act like the walking dead.

Remember when the top 10 had music from every genre and it was mostly uplifting stuff. Louder than life personalities, very independent people with their own style, everyone unique. Even though some were young they had mature adult minds and could think for themselves.

Yeah that was a long time ago.

EedyBeedyBeeps

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
USA
Corporate social engineering. Make the kids feel depressed and bored and dead. The whole top 10 same thing. Kids are much easier to manipulate if they act like the walking dead.

Remember when the top 10 had music from every genre and it was mostly uplifting stuff. Louder than life personalities, very independent people with their own style, everyone unique. Even though some were young they had mature adult minds and could think for themselves.

Yeah that was a long time ago.

When was that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.