Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ammo

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Considering I just wish I had the money for ONE uMBP, I wouldn't complain if I had a uMBP and uMB, no matter how rotten the screen is. Feel fortunate you can afford one MBP.

Excuse me while I go back to Windows 7 on my HP...:(

kmac88

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
AUSTRALIA
my, ipod is old, and cannot play games, can i whine and exchange it to Mac pro?:rolleyes:

Just be happy with what you have. Cause others cannot even afford to get a macbook

mikes70mustang

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
US
Considering I just wish I had the money for ONE uMBP, I wouldn't complain if I had a uMBP and uMB, no matter how rotten the screen is. Feel fortunate you can afford one MBP.

Excuse me while I go back to Windows 7 on my HP...:(

Hey you! how did you get out of your HP forum....somebody call the guards and get this guy back in the cage

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Oh I wish Apple would upgrade my motherboard, so I can run with 8GB of RAM!!! :( No, not really; I couldn't care less.

Damn, three times!

It can be just 2 major issues like say your screen and motherboard. Not likely, but if it does happen they can give you a replacement. But expect freebies :D

airplaneman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
USA
You really should learn grammar.

You said in the same post that you were calibrating ur new Macbook Pro and than towards the end u stated u would be heading that route which meant u hadnt bought it yet.

Yoou should never expect a handout. Buy it like the rest of us.

+1:)

Yea, like jay1118 said, I WORK my butt off for this stuff, and maybe you should, too, OP. Don't take the luxury and privilege of having a Mac for granted!

pratap21

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Wow great to see most of you flaming at me.

All I wanted was a better screen, given that Apple had silently upgraded the MB CE screens and it's natural that anyone would want atleast the same model with a better screen.

I agree I was being greedy for the MBP 13", but that doesn't warrant personal attacks (language, castration, etc)!

I don't see the point of this thread going on, and I regret to having opened it here in the first place. Maybe some other forum, but not here.

I have even sold my MB CE on eBay and going to get another MBP 13".

Thanks!

jay1118

macrumors member
May 28, 2009

All I wanted was a better screen, given that Apple had silently upgraded the MB CE screens and it's natural that anyone would want atleast the same model with a better screen.

I agree I was being greedy for the MBP 13", but that doesn't warrant personal attacks (language, castration, etc)!

I don't see the point of this thread going on, and I regret to having opened it here in the first place. Maybe some other forum, but not here.

Thanks!

Go on other forums..... they will tell you the same thing.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

Thanks!
You purchased a machine that is notorious for having a poor screen. Most people said it was ok but there were more than enough people on these boards between 10/2008 and 12/2008 openly bitching about their purchase because the display sucked so bad (me included). You failed to do research and inform yourself as a buyer. This is not Apple's problem as they're happily selling you this machine. At this point your only option is to sell it and take the loss.

BTW, you won't find different answers elsewhere.

pelicanflip

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2009
NYC
I bought a iPhone 2G.

OH but the new iPhone 3GS came out.

you think if I b**** about it to Apple, they'll give me an exchange for it?

and u wonder why everyone's flaming you. :rolleyes:

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Is this how people are taught to deal with things nowadays?

"Bitch and you shall receive"

Sad.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Hah. Next some people here are going to hope that I die out of cancer just cause I wished for a better screen from Apple.

Whoa dude, why don't you relax and realize you screwed up in your OP. First off, your title using the word "BIT#%" was quite harsh and sounded mean spirited like a disgruntled customer acting like Apple screwed you and you want restitution.

Secondly, you did state you wanted to call Apple and basically demand that they take back your old UMB in exchange for a UBMBP. You upset a lot of people because again, you're coming across as if somebody owes you something. Then you change your post and say you just want a better screen. You knew what you bought, you accepted it, you used it long after the return period, so live with it. It's not a defective screen and Apple doesn't owe you a screen replacement nor should they do it just to make a customer happy.

Thirdly, this is a forum and as long as people remain in the guidelines of the forum rules they have a right to reply to your post in any way they feel. If you don't like the fact that people are not patronizing your antics about getting Apple to switch out your MB then don't come to a forum and create posts. This isn't a place to come to if you expect everyone to take your side whether you're right or wrong.

Next, grammar. The forum rules do state that we shouldn't correct people about spelling and grammar unless it's impossible to understand their post. The fact that you spelled "BIT#%" correctly followed by a post that nobody supported you on made people give you a bad time about your grammar.

Trust me on this, posting this exact same thread as you did here in other forums will result in the same responses.

Look, we've all bought stuff from any number of companies that released a new model shortly after our return periods. If you absolutely can't live with your Macbook then sell it and use the money for the latest model.

pratap21

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Whoa dude, why don't you relax and realize you screwed up in your OP. First off, your title using the word "BIT#%" was quite harsh and sounded mean spirited like a disgruntled customer acting like Apple screwed you and you want restitution.

Secondly, you did state you wanted to call Apple and basically demand that they take back your old UMB in exchange for a UBMBP. You upset a lot of people because again, you're coming across as if somebody owes you something. Then you change your post and say you just want a better screen. You knew what you bought, you accepted it, you used it long after the return period, so live with it. It's not a defective screen and Apple doesn't owe you a screen replacement nor should they do it just to make a customer happy.

Thirdly, this is a forum and as long as people remain in the guidelines of the forum rules they have a right to reply to your post in any way they feel. If you don't like the fact that people are not patronizing your antics about getting Apple to switch out your MB then don't come to a forum and create posts. This isn't a place to come to if you expect everyone to take your side whether you're right or wrong.

Next, grammar. The forum rules do state that we shouldn't correct people about spelling and grammar unless it's impossible to understand their post. The fact that you spelled "BIT#%" correctly followed by a post that nobody supported you on made people give you a bad time about your grammar.

Trust me on this, posting this exact same thread as you did here in other forums will result in the same responses.

Look, we've all bought stuff from any number of companies that released a new model shortly after our return periods. If you absolutely can't live with your Macbook then sell it and use the money for the latest model.

Yeah, I'm relaxed.

I've mentioned in an earlier post that I was greedy and now I just wish for a better screen. Even after that, I see people spewing hate on me.

I'm not asking people to patronize what I want, but I don't expect anyone, in any forum to spew personal hate for something not directly related to them.

I mean in the end it's just a computer. Whether I get an upgrade from Apple or sell it on eBay (as I've already done), it's a difference of 50-100$. My original post stated a request (Is it possible to ask?), and not something I expect out of Apple.

I'm sure even you will not tolerate personal hate from strangers. One bloke even hoped that I burn my testicles off from the Macbook. What next?, are people going to hope that my family burns in hell just cause I would take some time off the "geniuses" at Apple store?

What I asked later on was for a screen upgrade - given that the MB CE was upgraded silently. I agree I should not have expected a MBP instead, but I think I should have atleast TRIED for a upgraded screen for the same product.

I believe that MB CE owners atleast deserve an explanation from Apple about the silent screen upgrade. After all, did we all not pay the same price for the SAME product?

The situation is now closed - I've already sold my MB CE without any hassle. But I still don't understand the personal hate shown towards me! Alas, I dare not speak more or I will be subject to verbal bashes on my health.

..Ryan..

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Right now i think it would be best if you stopped flaming back in retaliation and realized that you purchased a technological item, your CE MB, and everybody knows, even my grandparents, that technology is constantly adapting. No matter what you buy, how much you pay, it's going to be outdated sooner or later. You basically suggested apple should swap all uMB's with 13" MBP's, as they made the decision to adapt their technology. You purchased a machine late in it's cycle, deal with it, you weren't the only person out there. As for the screen issue, regardless of the model, which was known for a poor screen, i think you need to realize something about the MacBook, it is a CONsumer/ entry level machine. You can't expect it to be the best quality, otherwise it wouldn't be what it is, an entry level machine. The MacBook Pro would then seem, well, not Pro.

pratap21

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Right now i think it would be best if you stopped flaming back in retaliation and realized that you purchased a technological item, your CE MB, and everybody knows, even my grandparents, that technology is constantly adapting. No matter what you buy, how much you pay, it's going to be outdated sooner or later. You basically suggested apple should swap all uMB's with 13" MBP's, as they made the decision to adapt their technology. You purchased a machine late in it's cycle, deal with it, you weren't the only person out there. As for the screen issue, regardless of the model, which was known for a poor screen, i think you need to realize something about the MacBook, it is a CONsumer/ entry level machine. You can't expect it to be the best quality, otherwise it wouldn't be what it is, an entry level machine. The MacBook Pro would then seem, well, not Pro.

I later corrected my stand and hoped that Apple replace my MB CE with another MB CE with a better screen, given that they were silently upgraded.

I understand that technology progresses, but who progresses technology within the EXACT same model/year (MB CE mid-2008, MB CE late 2008)? If it has, should I not expect an auto upgrade since I payed for that model?

Even if I don't get one, should I atleast not try for one? Is it such a mistake to even mention this, since the folks at Apple (and their supporters here who hope for my ill-being) are so busy to even entertain me for 5 mins?

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Apple has done this all the time. You see Early-YYYY, Mid-YYYY, and Late-YYYY all the time in their model numbers. Even Infiniti did this in the G35 back in 2003.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I'm not asking people to patronize what I want, but I don't expect anyone, in any forum to spew personal hate for something not directly related to them.

I'm sure even you will not tolerate personal hate from strangers. One bloke even hoped that I burn my testicles off from the Macbook. What next?, are people going to hope that my family burns in hell just cause I would take some time off the "geniuses" at Apple store?

But I still don't understand the personal hate shown towards me! Alas, I dare not speak more or I will be subject to verbal bashes on my health.

It is the internet
People flame, bash and trash talk without any accountability

Dont get your feelings hurt, get over it instead

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Frosties

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
Don't take anything that is written here as personal wrongs. Forum posts just as e-mail is written quickly and often with not enough afterthought.

Take my post in the thread as an example. Written quickly without much thought, that is just how it is on forums.

..Ryan..

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I later corrected my stand and hoped that Apple replace my MB CE with another MB CE with a better screen, given that they were silently upgraded.

I understand that technology progresses, but who progresses technology within the EXACT same model/year (MB CE mid-2008, MB CE late 2008)? If it has, should I not expect an auto upgrade since I payed for that model?

Even if I don't get one, should I atleast not try for one? Is it such a mistake to even mention this, since the folks at Apple (and their supporters here who hope for my ill-being) are so busy to even entertain me for 5 mins?

Once again, I don't agree with, but do understand where you are coming from. But apple did silently upgrade the whitebook's graphics, so it's nothing unheard of before.

Saying something like that cancer call is un-called for, many people are effected by cancer directly, or family/friends, I have multiple family members and friends who have suffered from it, and it was an unnecessary statement. Also, I wouldn't be expecting the people of this forum to make negative comments about your health, it's not that kind of community, and nobody has a personal vendetta against you, they just didn't agree with your OP.

With that said, I am happy that you have come around and realized the error of your ways ;) You are free to go, court dismissed :D

pratap21

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Apple has done this all the time. You see Early-YYYY, Mid-YYYY, and Late-YYYY all the time in their model numbers. Even Infiniti did this in the G35 back in 2003.

If they have corrected their display then its for a reason - the older ones were probably DEFECTIVE!

If they weren't defective, why did they correct them?

Since they were defective, I hoped for an upgrade. Just the suggestion of talking to Apple "geniuses" had people spew hate all over me.

Maybe it's because I'm not a native English speaker without a western name. Who knows.

pratap21

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Once again, I don't agree with, but do understand where you are coming from. But apple did silently upgrade the whitebook's graphics, so it's nothing unheard of before.

Saying something like that cancer call is un-called for, many people are effected by cancer directly, or family/friends, I have multiple family members and friends who have suffered from it, and it was an unnecessary statement. Also, I wouldn't be expecting the people of this forum to make negative comments about your health, it's not that kind of community, and nobody has a personal vendetta against you, they just didn't agree with your OP.

With that said, I am happy that you have come around and realized the error of your ways ;) You are free to go, court dismissed :D

When the white book graphics were updated, wasn't it released as a new model (different model number, etc)?

Here, it's the same model, model number with better screen. MUCH better I must say!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.