General BiteSMS Status (Virtually Extinct)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dwalls90, Nov 10, 2014.

1. iF34R macrumors 65816

iF34R

It's not virtually extinct... goodness. They have to work with the team they have, and it's going to take time. It'll either get updated, or it won't. They said it's going to take some months, well, I'll wait. ;)

2. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

Having followed the BiteSMS forums for quite a few years, it's always been apparent they only have one dev. All other "team" members are there for support and pushing community ideas to the developer.

Future of Bite does not sound all that great from where I'm sitting. That said, you better believe one of the other talented developers out there will jump on the opportunity to mirror it.

3. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

they will need to rethink their entire app. A lot of features are included in stock iOS messages. Add a few tweaks, like scheduling messages and delayed sending, bitesms as it is, is useless.

4. iF34R macrumors 65816

iF34R

It doesn't sound great, sure. It doesn't necessary make it extinct either. Maybe it'll be updated, maybe it won't.
    The stock iOS is years away from being even remotely close to biteSMS.
    Let's see... list the features that stock messaging has.

5. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

am just not missing it, the default app works great, and added convopics, and am happy...

6. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

Bzzzzzzt. Here's just one of many examples of how it's far from useless...

Attached Files:

7. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

There is a beta if you wanna try, but you need to purchase it first. I tried it today but there are few bugs left. Message app crashes very often and some functions don't work either.

http://www.iarrays.com/apt

8. pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

Thank you, but I did find a tweak for pics in the message app, like the 6+. It's called ConvoPics from BigBoss repo

9. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

While features were added in the stock app, they aren't as intuitive as BiteSMS offered. I'll take BiteSMS QR over Apple QR.

10. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

Indeed, Apple's Quick Reply is a joke compared to the BiteSMS implementation.

Not having BiteSMS = remaining on IOS 7.1.2 for the foreseeable future, despite all the new features if IOS 8.

11. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

I am using that until they fix Copic :)

12. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Which works for my 5....but is a problem with the 6 arriving on my doorstep this week. I can live with Apple's pathetic implementation of QR if I have to, but having taken my iPad to 8.1 already, I've been shocked at how much I miss Quick Compose. I had no idea how much I used it.

And I've used bite for so long, I know absolutely nothing about its competitors at this point. They've been one of my top two reasons to JB since the beginning. Hope either bite somehow brings out an update quickly, or someone else jumps on this opportunity.

13. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

14. cymolia macrumors 6502a

My guess is Martin left and will be releasing a similar app that would kill off bitesms for good. Competition is good

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    The stock quick reply is light years behind bitesms's features and usability.
    One thing that drives me nuts is if Im typing a quick reply on the stock ios and another message comes in then what I had typed and was ready to send out is completely gone. :eek:
    Thanks Apple:apple:
    It would make sense if i'm typing and responding to a message for you not to completely clear out my inputed text and pop up another box.

16. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

Whoa, I had no idea it was THAT bad.

And IOS 8.1 update didn't fix that? :rolleyes:

17. bclizzle macrumors regular

my fave feature was scheduled texts, any other way to do this? ive onlu ever used bite

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope.
    I doubt they even care about fixing it.
    Feels like they rushed out a quick reply feature without testing it or caring if it works for something as simple as that to be overlooked.

What I liked about bite there was a number on the status so if I have 2-3 people texting I can go from 1 conversation to replying to one by one without turning off the app I'm in now.
    Also the silence conversation was great. And the passcode security feature to get into all my private messages without worrying about someone using the phone to be able to browse through my stuff. Quick compose was good too. So I can put together a text without even unlocking the phone or opening the messages app.

19. nwmtnbiker, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014

nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Are you using banners or alerts? When I'm replying from LS and another text comes in it doesn't delete my current text and my next message is waiting on LS to reply behind my current message. I've never tried alerts even with bite...

20. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

for me the best feature of Bite was being able to schedule a text. Used this all the time.

21. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I am constantly annoyed as heck by the way it handles this. I'm always 3 sentences into a response then the person types something else and it pops up and completely erases my typing. Annoying at the least.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I have it setup as alert boxes.

23. iF34R macrumors 65816

iF34R

24. mattheyryan macrumors member

Damn, this stinks.

I only updated to ios8 in hopes this was going to work with it. I wish I could go back to 7.1 now :(