General BiteSMS Status (Virtually Extinct)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dwalls90, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

Qr/qc

Hey guys,

I'm a long time bitesms user, I also have purchased intelliscreenX in the past.

It should be noted that messages+, made by the same guys that make intelliscreenX, has been released as a stand alone product.

I just installed it on my 6 (without intelliscreenX), so far so good. QR/QC works well (had to change the activation method)

Just fyi

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

How does the QR work from the LS?

3. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

Quick reply (QR) from the lock screen is the Apple implementation, swipe left on the notification, click reply and that brings up a keyboard.

Currently quick compose (QC) from the lock screen (via activator) is broken, the keyboard disappears. However I emailed the dev (and contacted via Twitter) and they said they are now aware of the lock screen QC bug and are taking a look at it.

They said that if you have isx installed then the QC feature work as intended if you are trying from notification center.

I hope that answers your question, if not let me know and I'll try and help you out more.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

One of my favorite features of Bite was the ability to schedule the sending of a text. Does anyone know of another tweak or app that has this functionality.

5. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I wish they would take over the swipe right function and open a quick reply. I guess I just have to get used to swiping left which I never remember:D.

6. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

How does Messages+ work, they don't show screenshots in Cydia. I'd Google but the babies sick and upset he can't sleep.

7. Skizzy macrumors regular

Skizzy

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Surenix tweeted yesterday:

.@bensge and I are actively working on auki for iOS 8. We do not have an ETA but will keep you posted, thanks!

9. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Interactive Messages Notification? I only see the iOS 7 version in Cydia.

----------

Good to know! Waiting for it to be updated.

10. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

11. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Main dev is off making a 'ChewSMS' as we speak.

12. iF34R macrumors 65816

iF34R

13. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

What I don't like about iOS quick reply from the lock screen is that you have to have message preview on.

No privacy there.

14. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The date on that article is November 1 (at least when viewed on mobile). The date on the first post of this thread is ten days later, along with the discussion on Reddit that it references, talking about losing their developer in the "last week". Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I'm thinking this article might be a bit off in its predictions of "a couple of weeks".

15. lyceumHQ macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

If you go to notifications -> messages and scroll down you can switch off the preview.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is that the guy that left the team?
    That's why he's putting out his own hack with a different name?
    That's great news.

----------

Exactly.
    I dont want anyone walking by or taking a glimpse at my phone when it lights up to be able to read the whole message.

----------

If you do then then you cannot quickreply from the lockscreen.

17. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

I agree with everything you said, but since 5 to 6 weeks from that article are gone, I would say, the release day is almost around the corner, wouldn't you say :)

18. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

:( I wish. I saw that article and saw the date of the email someone posted and got sad. Whenever it does release, I hope it's still as good as it was previously. It's the one tweak I desperately need.

19. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Same here, got excited for a moment.

20. tchoui macrumors member

didnt see that... Is there a way to get sms delivery reports?

21. tchoui macrumors member

Anyone?

Beta testing not working. Delivery reports is what i need

22. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

This ^^

I've also donated and would be happy to pay a fee for each release. Sadly there is a mentality with some people that once they bought an app it should be free for ever. I am of the opinion that I paid for version 6, and if want version 7 then I have to pay an upgrade fee. And for a tweak as awesome as BiteSMS, I would be happy to...I would beg to....if they delivered.

While reading the forums a few weeks ago there was a guy slating the devs as he had a new phone and the version of Bite he bought no longer worked. It's 7 bucks!! to me, and probably most people, 7 bucks is nothing. If you drop $3-700 on a new phone, how can you not afford $7?? Same thing with people who JB their phones cod they think they can then get free apps. They're only $1-2!! really really annoys me....and I'm not even a developer!!! It's thanks to people like that the devs stop making stuff.

Here's an idea, maybe we should start a kick starter campaign for BiteSMS development. Say $3, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before we hit enough money to interest a developer to make it. It's such a popular tweak

23. pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

This is not the reason why it has not been updated. It was posted on the first post of this thread.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/2ltt7w/bitesms_update_devs_predict_months_not_weeks/