BiteSMS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sdmac, Aug 3, 2010.

1. sdmac macrumors member

Jailbroke my 3gs IS04 yesterday and love everything about it.

One of my favorite apps is BiteSMS. However, I'm a little confused on whether or not it is free to send text messages? I have the trial version but plan on upgrading to avoid the ads. Does Bite just replace my at&t SMS app. I noticed on the Bite website you can buy a license or pay 12cents per SMS.

Am I correct that if I buy the license I won't be charged for each text?

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

As long as you have a messaging plan, go into the settings and make sure its selected to send SMS through Carrier.

If not, you can use biteSMS but you have to pay. There is also an option to make it your default SMS.

3. sdmac thread starter macrumors member

Awesome. Thanks. I couldn't find the settings but found it under the Bite app.

BiteSMS is now the default and I have the "send via mobile carrier checked".

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

you can use the BiteSMS network (fo which you will need credits) or you can use your Carrier's Network (for which you need an official plan), It's not free, you just pick who you want to pay :D

5. mikemanblah macrumors regular

if you choose the bitesms network, does it automatically get credits charged to somewhere or do you manually buy them

6. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I'm pretty sure you have to manually buy them, it gives you said amount depending on how much you buy at a time.

7. choice macrumors regular

Is there anyway that biteSMS can still notify that you have a message waiting to be read if you close the pop up window? I mean I would like a number (eg "1") to still appear on the upper right corner of the biteSMS icon to notify me that I have an incoming message to be read if I decide to just "x" the message in the pop up window.

8. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Mine does that when I hit "X", or when you get one, just hit "Later."

May have to change that in the settings, they have a LOT of customization.

9. choice macrumors regular

I don't have a "Later" as an option?

10. whistler222 macrumors 6502

I just got BiteSMS and it says i have a trial until 8/18/2010.

I don't plan to use its plans.. i have lots of text through AT&T.
    can i still use it after 8/18 to reply to text within another app? or will the app just shut down at that time?

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You get a "FULL" Licenses until the 18, after that they will start showing ads (at the bottom). The text are part of your AT&T plan. (unless you use the pink buttom on the settings that let you use their network, but you just stated you don't to do that).

You can go to the setting an enable ads even in the trial so you can see what they look like and decided if you want to buy the full.

12. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

I would like to know why would you use bitesms when you can use the stock from apple? Whats the difference?

13. EvoKnvl macrumors newbie

14. whistler222 macrumors 6502

how annoying are the ads on the free version? :)

nvm.. i can see it by turning it on now. cool.
    thanks!

15. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

16. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

BiteSMS is better than stock with lots of additional features,

*Quick reply: You can reply to any SMS without unlocking your iDevice, or you can do it from any App (without quitting the app) without multitasking
    You can also use the Volume key + tap to quick SMS anyone from any app.

*Emoji Icos (in case you don;t have the emoji already installed)

* Schedule SMS: you can Send SMS in the future, just scheduale, send a Happy birthday to your Mom right at midnight, while you are still sleeping

* Can Responses "templates": you can create common used responses like "on my way", "be right there", "I am running late", "sex tonight?" and have them in a 1 click menu

*Delivery reports: it tells you if the SMS was delivered to the destination phone.

it got some more features this are just the one I sued the most and fav

17. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

They give you a free trial. Afterwards its just ad infested.

Settings -> Quick reply -> Buttons -> Later -> Make sure the display is set to "On"

18. kre62 macrumors 68000

Also make sure that you realize that you can swipe the buttons over to reveal more buttons. Later is probably already there.

19. doolin.nc macrumors member

I wasn't gonna use this but the quick reply is too tempting. I'm gonna swap out that ugly icon with the stock one, though.

20. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

21. doolin.nc macrumors member

22. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

does the schedule feature really work? lol this is like perfect for telling your gf "good morning" or whatever. mine loves texts like that, but im seriously like a zombie getting ready for work in the morning and i tend to forget. i could earn points just by using this feature :cool:

23. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

SSHHHHHH, I don't want my Girl to find out that I am not at work at 7Am texting her....:cool:

IT works perfectly!

24. bmms8 macrumors 68020

haha i just used this feature this morning, it sent perfectly!

25. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I know I've never had a GF, but I wish there was something that could block a person from sending me text (perhaps an auto-respond saying "This # is invalid")
    Shes nice but wont LEAVE ME ALONE. SHE TEXTS ME EVERY NIGHT WHEN IM ASLEEP. :(:(:(:(:(