Black or White? The big question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Goldmansachs, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Goldmansachs macrumors member

Which color iPad did you preorder / plan on buying?

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I got white.

3. pierceallan macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Black

4. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I used to lean towards black but for some reason the white seems more attractive now..

5. Bradllez macrumors 6502

Bradllez

/bradllez

6. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

this has been done at least a dozen times today, but since we are all just anxious for the ipad and dont mind talking about it, we should at least include why

Black for me, i'm a a heavy movie viewer / gamer and love the immersion from the black bezel, my gf's white one gets annoying for long periods of time, but i find webpages are better on hers because it feels like the borders are part of the site.

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

8. sekazi macrumors 6502

Black. It will be much better contrast and less distracting to the screen.

9. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Check the thread on this for iPad2 for a hearty debate

10. Kendo macrumors 68000

White looks great on Apple's publicity shots but it doesn't look as sleek in person. I went black just like my iPhone 4S.

11. Embolize macrumors newbie

Black better

Agree with above, white looks kind of cool, but black = better contrast and that's key especially with the ridiculous display, can't wait to see it!!

12. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I love my white iPhone but went with a black iPad. The bezel is too thick and would be distracting in white IMO.

Think about watching a movie with black borders on the top and bottom. It'll be white/black/picture/black/white.

13. pdawg macrumors regular

Pre-ordered the white one yesterday, and this morning I canceled it and ordered the black one. Thought it looked beautiful online (white), but could not get over how it looked playing videos (which are posted all over!). I am upgrading from the 1st iPad (which only came in black), so I wanted a similar look/feel experience.

14. stevelam macrumors 65816

black.

i have a white iphone 4s. before that i had a black iphone 4. overall i liked black better. plus my gf already has a white ipad 2.

15. cueru macrumors member

White.

I almost got a black, because people had scared me into thinking that the white bezel would be more distracting when watching videos, but then I saw a) how webpages on the white just look really cool and b) how the black makes the very thin metal border (where the backing meets the front) much more noticeable than the white, on which it almost appears non-existent.

The latter in particular really sold the white for me, because little things like that drive me crazy. :p

16. applefan289 macrumors 68000

17. heleney macrumors newbie

black is better, especially with lazy guys

18. jbLighty macrumors newbie

black because with black case and smart cover it looks nice :D

19. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Yes, I have always liked the white but was going to go with the black for the same reasons as you. But then I saw how the metal border was really noticeable with the black and that bothered me.

That and lesser fingerprints on the white, combined with it just looks better. I'll be reading and watching video 50/50, but I don't see it being overly distracting.

20. epicmar macrumors regular

Gave white some serious consideration, but went with black again because I think I just like the contrast.

21. TaKashMoney macrumors 6502

White for me. I actually think the colors look more vibrant. I also think its more iconic. Every other tablet looks like a black screen.

22. Kendo macrumors 68000

I think that slight thin metal border actually makes the iPad look more elegant. Like it has a sliver of chrome wrapping around.

23. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

I went Black, as I always do. Have never liked the white on iOS devices.

24. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

+1

25. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

Black, because of better contrast with and less distraction from the beautiful retina display. :D Although I do like the look of white, I could not see myself getting used to it.