Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phatbass30

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2010
wow, this case sells like pancakes! just few days ago it was a lot in the ebay site! now its all gone! good that i ordered mine few days ago.

the black and red looks sexy! but i took the silver one.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Thankfully there are many foam pads included that without them this case would be really bad. But once you install most of them at every corner, you get a snug fit and no metal to metal contact. The only gripe I have right now it that the corners are sharp because of the frame piece that is used to lock the iPhone in place. So it's not a very comfortable case to hold.. Full review and high quality pics will be up on Gadgetmac soon.

phatbass30

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2010
I received my Blade case today,Free shipping cost,Order on Dec 9th, shipped on Dec 9th and received today, Dec 14th(Thailand) via UPS. Fast shipping from Korea:D

isobreez, that was fast. did you ship by express? where are you from in thailand? i'm in bangkok! i ordered mine saturday so it should be shipped by yesterday (monday)

iBrody

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Hmmm, getting slightly worried as I ordered mine on the 25 November and nothing! The seller has provided a tracking number on eBay and the track and trace service on the Korean Post website is showing that the item left Korea on the 30 November but that it is it!

Can I still raise a PayPal dispute if the item is not received?

*edit* Panic over (I hope), got a card through the door saying international parcel waiting at the post office - phew!

Last edited:

wylee

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2010
I really like the look of the case but few things bother me.

1. The edges on the 4 screw points on the back frame. It's a bit uncomfortable to hold. The edges around the headphone port. Both are not sharp enough to cut but definitely bothers me.
2. The dock port is recessed enough that you can't charge with a standard dock. I also have a dock port extender but the cutout around the port is too small. The cutout is the exact same size as the usb port connector so if your extender is slightly thicker, like mine, you're out of luck.

str8spd2001

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
Los Angeles
For the people that have received the case can you help confirm if it will scratch the plastic surround the glass or not? Not the metal antenna but the black plastic border around the glass. I just ordered the Case-Mate Jett and the inside was sharp or un-polish. So when sliding the case on it left scratches on the plastic surround. I am returning the case and was interested in the Blade so this will be a make it or break it deal. Thanks.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
For the people that have received the case can you help confirm if it will scratch the plastic surround the glass or not? Not the metal antenna but the black plastic border around the glass. I just ordered the Case-Mate Jett and the inside was sharp or un-polish. So when sliding the case on it left scratches on the plastic surround. I am returning the case and was interested in the Blade so this will be a make it or break it deal. Thanks.

Nah it won't.. There is no sliding with the Blade anyway and if you place the supplied foam pads smartly around the insides then your iPhone will have little to not contact with the aluminum.

The cons with this case are:
*Sharp corners
*Recessed headphone port, dock connector port and silent switch
*Very long sim card cutout (recessed as well)
*Takes time to position the foam pads and installing the iPhone
On average I noticed I lose one bar in signal strength while WiFi is full powered at all times.

Last edited:

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Some pics

dsc07571q.jpg

dsc08041w.jpg

dsc08301m.jpg

duf.tuf

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
p757902498.jpg

New Blade Christmas edition, looks fine. But I've ordered silver blue. I think this is a great choice for girlfriend.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I should have bought the titanium and red.
The silver and red is still sharp and loks nice with the silver metal back.
The silver and red looks extremely sharp with the glass or black metal back

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Nah it won't.. There is no sliding with the Blade anyway and if you place the supplied foam pads smartly around the insides then your iPhone will have little to not contact with the aluminum.

The cons with this case are:
*Sharp corners
*Recessed headphone port, dock connector port and silent switch
*Very long sim card cutout (recessed as well)
*Takes time to position the foam pads and installing the iPhone
On average I noticed I lose one bar in signal strength while WiFi is full powered at all times.

very good assessment.
In all honestly I lose about a bar but then again I have extremely low confidence in the bars ever since Apple changing the parameters for the new bars. (raised the bars if you will)

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
p757902498.jpg

New Blade Christmas edition, looks fine. But I've ordered silver blue. I think this is a great choice for girlfriend.

Where do you find this "New Blade Christmas edition"?
I don't see it on Ebay.

Never mind, i found it @ the Tiger Design site.

Last edited:

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
i buy the blade on nov 26 and they shipped on nov 29 and the case has not arrieved yet damm i will send a msg to the seller

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
Where do you find this "New Blade Christmas edition"?
I don't see it on Ebay.

Never mind, i found it @ the Tiger Design site.

As much as I dug the look of this case, the Xmas edition may be the single biggest abortion of a horrible looking thing I've ever seen.

My eyes are watering from the repulsiveness of it.
Oy

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
As much as I dug the look of this case, the Xmas edition may be the single biggest abortion of a horrible looking thing I've ever seen.

My eyes are watering from the repulsiveness of it.
Oy

Agreed, when I found it at the site I had a wave of nausea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.