Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
I've been following aluminum cases since the Element Vapor was only a rendering. I own a silver/silver Element Vapor and a Karas Custom silver. This case to me, after looking at all the others in pictures for months, is hands down the best looking, most interesting, best machined case available.

I've ordered a silver/silver a week ago. Its been shipped. I can't wait.

I have to agree with you. It's my favorite case thus far. Like phatbass said pictures doesn't do it justice. It look much better in real life. The only problem I have with this case is that it kills my Gps though.

NancyZ

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2010
Selden, NY
I have to agree with you. It's my favorite case thus far. Like phatbass said pictures doesn't do it justice. It look much better in real life. The only problem I have with this case is that it kills my Gps though.

ANd kills the internals of your phone. I dont understand how you dont see that. Apple engineers (I will try to find and post the articles) state this case and all aluminum cases make the internals of the iphone 4 work harder and over short time case or no case the internals would pay the price for it and always maintain low performance. Then again, for you its perfect.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
ANd kills the internals of your phone. I dont understand how you dont see that. Apple engineers (I will try to find and post the articles) state this case and all aluminum cases make the internals of the iphone 4 work harder and over short time case or no case the internals would pay the price for it and always maintain low performance. Then again, for you its perfect.

Haha, you're really starting to crack me up. Go get a life my friend ;).

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Hey element cheerleader make sure you reads the facts before replying.

Give it a rest everyone. Have a nice brotherly Christmas. We all know everyone's opinion on both sides. It's been said over and over again. There's nothing new here.

phatbass30

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2010
a little comparison between the Blade and E13ctron:

Blade design:

Blade has a very unique design, very modern and rugged.

Blade has the power and volume buttons, makes it nice and easy to push the volume up and down, and the power on and off.

but the 4 corners where the screws are the cons for me. its tough for my hands, sometimes it hurts when i'm holding it because its sharp.

E13ctron design:

e13ctron design is smooth, simple but elegant.

it feels good holding it, because all the edges and corners are smooth. the craftmanship of this case is great. the design makes it look slimmer than the blade and also it makes it easier to hold. the look and feel are the advantages of this case for me.

the cut outs for the power and the volume are the cons for me. its not that bad, but just a little deep to push.

signal and gps issues:

both has no signal issues for me.

but the Blade has an issue when i use my Papago, the gps is very slow, sometimes it’s cut and searching for satellite signal. iPhone maps works.

e13ctron, no gps issues.

hands down, the e13ctron wins on this department.

over all, i love these cases. and i think i will stop buying cases for now. i got 2 of the best aluminum cases out there in the market.

hmmm, maybe i’ll try the Vapor and Atomic Hybrid too. ;)

but next year! when i’m not broke anymore! :D

cheers guys!!!

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
Wowoww finally my blade black and red arrieved very looking case for me no have signal issues and the gps lokation is very good no problen two :D

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
sorry for the bad picks is from the laptop web cam

dnzrqp.jpg

34heudy.jpg

bc56p.jpg

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
This case does look so awesome in the high def pic's. Looks like a part from a military fighter jet. Too bad it kills the GPS :(

Is there anything that can be done, to smooth out the rear from biting your hand ?

Last edited:

Tsunobi

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Received my Blade this week. GPS was pretty much useless for me driving through Atlanta. My gps apps could not get a location on me and when it does, it doesn't last long. :(

My signal strength was greatly reduced to a consistent 4 bars to one bar and at times no signal at all. My phone is bare inside the case as well. Maybe a skin for the frame will help?

Last edited:

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I received my Blade case yesterday. I installed it and modified it. The following are the results.

1. With an Apple bumper I got 4 bars.

2. With an Element Vapor case (over months) I got 4 bars.

3. With the Blade case not modified I got 1-2 bars.

4. With the Blade case modified I got 4 bars.

The modification is the addition of 3M Super 88 tape to all metal to metal contact points inside the case. This was very tedious, applying very thinly cut strips of the tape.

This definitely tells me that as designed this case puts a big hit on reception. This isn't scientific but its accurate enough for me.

By the way where I keep my phone at home I get a pretty good signal.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Received my Blade this week. GPS was pretty much useless for me driving through Atlanta. My gps apps could not get a location on me and when it does, it doesn't last long. :(

My signal strength was greatly reduced to a consistent 4 bars to one bar and at times no signal at all. My phone is bare inside the case as well. Maybe a skin for the frame will help?

Got my Gps problem fixed. I did what Archrider post earlier, I tape the inside of the case and make sure no metal to metal contact. The important thing is no metal to metal contact. Now my phone works like a charm no reception or gps issues.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Got my Gps problem fixed. I did what Archrider post earlier, I tape the inside of the case and make sure no metal to metal contact. The important thing is no metal to metal contact. Now my phone works like a charm no reception or gps issues.

I'm curious, did you put the tape on the phone or the case? If on the phone is it hard to get the tape residue off if you want to remove it.? I put it on the case. It was hard to do without it showing.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
i sell my blade this past monday has very poor signal with the blade i have 4 or 5 bars with incipio ngp case when i put the blade decreed to 2 or 3

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
I'm curious, did you put the tape on the phone or the case? If on the phone is it hard to get the tape residue off if you want to remove it.? I put it on the case. It was hard to do without it showing.

how do you to guys feel about the sharp edges on the back. how bad really are they? the case looks sharp...

new reviews up on the blog , check it out...
http://weisjttechhouse.blogspot.com/

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
how do you to guys feel about the sharp edges on the back. how bad really are they? the case looks sharp...

new reviews up on the blog , check it out...
http://weisjttechhouse.blogspot.com/

it's not a nice feel. My Vapor case feels nicer. This kind of problem is way low priority for me. It doesn't hurt your hand. You get used to it. I'm using the Karas Kustoms case now and no one would call that comfortable. my priorities are signal, protection and looks in that order. the feel of the case is 1/10 the importance of those three.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010

I put the 3m tape on the inside of the case and on the the metal band of the phone I use the extra piece of the Bodyguardz dry apply that I have. Since I already have the Bodyguardz installed on the metal band I just cut some very thin strips and put it on the front and back sides of the band as to not let the metal touch the case. So using the clear bodyguardz it will not showed and no tape residue problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.