Bleh, no iPhone 32gb: Who's disappointed / Buying today ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Totti, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Totti macrumors member

...Gah, been waiting since August. When it got to November and Australia had steady supplies i thought 'Oh well, only another month or two. Surely we'll see an update.

And here we are still on the same model. Anyhow, taking the plunge in a couple of hours! Woo me first iPhone. So excited :)

2. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

Same here....

3. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

You could have just been enjoying the iPhone like the rest of us all this time. ;)

4. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Haha, that one made me smile.

Yeah! Get the 16 GB and hop on board!

5. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

I'm not so crazy about the lack of MMS and other software features. I'm so pissed at Apple for not providing us a phone that can shoot video which my current phone could do. Oh well, might as well pick up the phone and order it.

6. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

if you are "pissed" at apple for not providing you with a phone that shoots video...maybe you shouldnt get the iphone then.

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It's been 12 months since the last storage bump. That's about the end of a product cycle when it comes to iPods. I'm not ditching my first gen phone until it hits 32GB, and I'm probably going to wait for the next hardware makeover with the advent of this new battery for the MBP.

8. iSkier macrumors regular

Do you guys think it's worth it to buy an iPhone right now? I mean I don't really see why not, as the biggest updates the iPhone could be getting soon are software updates, and I'm not interested in a 32GB model necessarily

9. milani macrumors 68000

milani

^ if you want an iPhone you'll buy one. There is no reason to wait any longer than you already have.

I figure the sooner you jump on-board the better because we're all going to be stuck on long contracts, and hopefully we'll be coming to the end of our terms just as the new iPhone model is being released in a year or two. :D

10. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

Ahh, whatever, I still love it, but that means I might have to carry my camcorder with me :mad:

11. Totti thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i know not to go on a contract as there'll likely be new models before the years end, i know it's pricey as hell ($899 AUD) but the flexibility it offers makes it worth the extra cost.

32gb doesn't necessarily phase me - though knowing my luck it'll happen in the next 2-3 weeks.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Got off work at 3 and was home with my new 3G by 5.

13. shvartsies macrumors regular

dude, last year the 16gb iPhone got released February 5. This is good reason for me to believe that the 32gb will come out in february as well.
    So heres what I'm doing.

I'm buying a 16gb sometime in one week/two weeks, and if a 32gb comes out, i'll use the 30 day return police, pay the 10% restocking fee, and happily rock a 32gb iPhone. If not, screw it, I'm not waiting any longer.

14. iWantiPhone macrumors regular

go out and get an iphone. as soon as you get it, something else will come out. thats the nature of technology. :D :apple:

15. spikedfo macrumors regular

Only new macbook, I feel a little disappointing.

16. DanClark macrumors newbie

Slightly disppointed, but...

My iPhone 3G 16Gb is on hold for me right now. Hmm... Why am I wasting time writing this?!?

Later,

Dan.

17. Andruw91 macrumors regular

I am in the same boat, but I decided since I don't need an iphone I will just wait. I've had the same POS Nextel phone for 3 years now and all I really need is the phone part. I like everything the iphone can do especially the ipod part so I am just going to wait. I had my 30gb ipod photo (or classic, whatever its called) for about 5 years now and it's only halfway full. I was waiting for the 32gb iphone so I can finally replace this. With the way the economy is going I guess I'll use that as my reason to wait now.

18. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

yeah i don't think they would've updated the iphone today. they're still continuing the roll out worldwide to more countries, then they spent so much money on r&d and marketing that they have no reason to improve a product they just released 6 months ago.

also, i think i saw on a thread somewhere that the 32gb nand in the quantities they need won't be out til this month, so it would take some time to announce/get it into the product line

19. Nik73 macrumors regular

Always said I'd never get an iphone but when upgrade time came along I spent about 1/2 hour looking at other phones on Sunday before thinking "If I'm going to pay that per month, I may as well just get an iphone!" Nice buyers justification!
    Decided to hang on until today, just in case. No new iphone so I just ordered mine now after getting in from work. Roll on Thursday! :)

*crosses fingers for iphones being in stock*

20. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I don't understand the logic of someone waiting until Macworld for a 32gb iphone and when it doesn't materialize immediately buying the current 16gb model.

If you've been waiting and waiting for a particular spec, why not wait until the next update *whenever* that may be? Just use your current phone until then--what's the big deal?

21. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

I just ordered my iPhone 3G :D, so sad no firmware updates.

22. Shawn D macrumors regular

I may be the only one happy, But that means our phones hold they're value for a few more months at least hah

23. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

As i have been stating for months, and even on the macrumors buyers guide

I told you so :p

24. Indy21 macrumors 6502

So are you guessing they may be able to fit the MBP battery in an upcoming iphone?

Interesting...:cool:

25. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Last year Apple silently added the 16GB iPhone the first week of February. It may be the same this year. They never mentioned it at Mac World last year.