BookBook iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Adutrumque, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

So, I cant seem to contact Twelve South - anyone can?

I wanna know the release date for the bookbook for the iPhone 5.

Anyone remember how long it took before they released one for the 4S?

Thanks in advance :D

2. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

3. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Unless you had the BookBook for iPhone 4 and loved it, I can't recommend BookBook. It is exquisitely crafted and I got a neverending stream of compliments about it, but after two months I found it too inconvenient to use for a few reasons:

1) Access to camera is cumbersome.

2) It's a pain to get money in and out of it, and it doesn't hold more than a couple of bills.

3) Have to take it out to use it with the holder in my car. If you don't use a dash mount for your iPhone this won't matter to you.

I have answered the impulse to get rid of the wallet and simplify what's in my pockets with http://www.deeppocket.com .

4. Adutrumque thread starter macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Thank you sir!

1. I dont really use my camera that much. If I do need to take a picture it takes 1 second to remove it and take a picture.

2. I dont think thats a problem. If thats a problem - ill have the money in my pocket and not in that case.

3. I dont see how thats a problem for you, really.

But thanks for your cons!

I guess its very individually. But this case is PREMIUM!

5. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

I thought you didn't want one that looked like a book?

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I really like the look of BookBook and I'm ready to consolidate my wallet and phone but the camera part bugs me. I like to take quite a few photos. I wish they'd offer a version that has a cutout around the camera. :/

I'll probably still get it, though, because I'm sick of carrying the 2 things separately.

7. Jnava420 macrumors regular

I'm betting with one of the main complaints being the camer they will take care of that with the update to the 5, the book book was good for me when it came to going out to bars, movies, and restraunts (times I wouldn't being pulling my phone out much). The book book is more of a wallet with a phone case vs a phone case that is also a wallet...you know what I mean it functioned better as a wallet. I'll be getting one that's for sure if not just for some of the battles you get in with ppl about "you shouldn't be making ppl think your reading a bible."

8. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Anyone had the Bookbook for iphone 4/4s getting the 5 version? Thoughts on what you hope changes?

9. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

Hope it helps. Email I received on Sept. 14

Hello Yuki,

Thank you for your interest in BookBook for iPhone5!

Although I can assure you that we have started designing a BookBook for iPhone 5, it is too soon for us to make any predictions about its design or when it will be available - there are simply too many unforeseen changes that could occur in the development, manufacturing, and shipping phases, and we never want to make promises we can't keep.

Since we cannot reliably predict what Apple may offer before they actually make their announcements, we always have to wait to start production. Once we actually get our hands on their new devices, we can start manufacturing our products to support theirs. And since we want our products to be perfect in fit and performance, we’re never first to market, but we’re usually one of the best once we arrive.

I wish I could be more informative, but please know that we'll work as hard as we can to get the best possible product to you as quickly as we can.

If you’d like us to send you any news regarding our products and compatibility with the iPhone5, please sign up using the link below. You'll only receive emails when we have something significant to announce to iPhone5 users – and you can opt out any time. The link is below for your convenience.

https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/1720697/1400299/?v=a

Thanks so much for taking the time to email us. We really appreciate your interest and support.

Cheers!
    Bridget

Twelve South Support

10. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the link! I hope it's sometime in October:)

11. iLukeJoseph macrumors 6502

Hey since a rep is on here, and I owned BookBook for my 4s, here are my suggestions.

First (and most important). Fix your dyeing process on the "binding". I have two BookBook's and both the dye has just rubbed off with normal use (a buddy has one two with the same issue). It doesn't look good, or "used". As once the dye has rubbed off it kind of looks pink.

Actually, that is really the only one I have :)

12. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Good idea. Maybe the rep can keep us updated!

13. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

Oh, wow…glad I ordered my Dodo wallet last week. It doesn't sounds like you guys are going to have any products anytime soon. How are all these other companies able to get their products out so quickly?

14. leenak macrumors 68020

I like the BookBook styling but do you happen to have any plans for an animal-friendly case?

15. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

I think TrulyYuki was the one who made the inquiry rather then a rep from Twelve South.

16. leenak macrumors 68020

Oh! I can't read. I can wish though that they'd come up with leather free options.

17. Maaz macrumors 6502a

This is what I'm waiting for. The last one was just too great of a conversation starter, I cannot wait to get one for the iPhone 5 :).

18. Fluttershy macrumors regular

Fluttershy

from TwelveSouth: BookBook for iPhone 5: Update #1

Hello and thanks so much for your interest in BookBook for iPhone 5. We are indeed working hard on a BookBook just for iPhone 5. Here are the details we can share now:

* If you like BookBook for iPhone 4, you’ll love BookBook for iPhone 5

* It is the same width, a bit taller and a little thinner than the BookBook for iPhone 4
    (just like the iPhone 5 compared to the iPhone 4/4S)

* It will begin shipping next month

More details and updates will follow as we get closer to shipping. Thank you so much for your dedication and patience. We think it will be worth the wait.

Thank you,

Twelve South

19. Adutrumque thread starter macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Got that message too!

Cant wait :D:D

20. TC25 macrumors 68020

A case that looks like an old, leather bound book that's not made of leather? Brilliant idea. :rolleyes:

21. leenak macrumors 68020

It doesn't have to look like an old leather book. There are similar options out there for the iPad that aren't made of leather. I prefer not to cover my devices with dead animal skin but I like the book look.

22. TC25 macrumors 68020

Pardon me. I thought this was a thread about BookBooks from Twelve South which only makes cases that look like books out of leather. The thread title must have confused me. Sorry. I sent an email to Twelve South asking if they could start making cases out of seaweed and tofu. :D

23. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I

For those of you whom are impatient and need this ASAP there are already knockoffs on eBay for the iPhone 5 based on the bookbook for the 4 and 4s with camera cut outs.

24. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

We talk all the time about wishing that manufacturers would do X to the cases. Why would it get anyone's shorts in a bunch to wish that a company might offer a non-leather option? You don't have to buy it, right?

25. leenak macrumors 68020

As I said, there are other manufacturers who make book-like cases out of other products such as linen, waxed canvas, etc. If someone wants to expand their market, it doesn't hurt to ask them if they have any plans to make book-like cases made out of animal-friendly products.