Botched Billing/Shipping Info on Preorder Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazma7ik, Sep 12, 2015.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

It appears Apple Pay really screwed a lot of us who were zipping thru the process by defaulting to bizarre default shipping/billing addresses.

My initial order defaulted to my mom's house for shipping AND billing. I immediately placed a new order under my fiancee's number to get a new order in with the correct info and of course I had to manually enter everything even though I had set it as my defaults..

Now I need to cancel the other order or (preferably) modify it to the correct billing/shipping that way I can just use the order with my actual phone number! Not really a huge deal but it would be ideal.

I think the main thing we wait on now is our orders to go from 'We've received your order' to 'Processing items'. That is when we can cancel/make changes to our orders. *sigh*

2. cadewii macrumors newbie

Yup! Same thing happened to me. Shipping is my mom's address which is fine, but my billing address is my old one. I can't put in a new order, but I just hope I'm able to change my billing address before the order get's cancelled... I can't go back to sleep because of this!!

3. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

Hoping Verizon doesn't flag my order as fraud, as I used a credit card which has a different address as the billing address on the account. Already saw the $1 preauth charge on the card, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will accept it.

4. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

That too! Last year many of us Verizon people had orders that never shipped on time because Verizon couldn't verify the purchase. It was assumed it was because of differing billing/shipping addresses from what's on the account. They eventually shipped them and they came the following Monday, but it was really annoying and I actually stood in line to get one instead and returned the other.

5. itcrashed macrumors regular

itcrashed

Happened to me as well. Placed 3 separate orders and used Touch ID and everything was prefilled appropriately. On the third order I had to manually enter info since it was for another family member. But when I received confirmation and check order status my two personal orders have mixed information. It used my my work email address and home phone on one order and the other personal order has my work phone number but using my personal email address. It's all screwed up. The manually entered order seemed to work just fine.

6. cadewii macrumors newbie

Once it hits processing order we can change it then right? It shouldn't cancel immediately would it?

7. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

Apple Pay messed things up for me but all I had to do was go back and select the traditional checkout, my order still shows as delivery on the 25th.

8. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Happened to me as well, on checkout page: "According to the policy of your wireless service provider, the iPhone in this order can only be shipped to your current wireless billing address."

So I just made a reservation, I'd rather just pick it up than risk my home shipping address as I wouldn't be there to sign. Had no other choice either as even if I buy full price Apple still wants a carrier phone number.

9. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

My billing address was correct, but my shipping address was incorrect. Are we able to change this prior to delivery? If anything, I can vet out with UPS, but I just want to be proactive in the situation. Anyone know?

10. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

I also paid with  Pay, and I got all my details correct EXCEPT it has for billing address my work details... I am NOT happy. I have never had this error before.

11. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I just made a phone reservation for 9/25 at my local store for a 6S Plus 128GB Gold just in case stuff goes wonky with my botched addresses. I feel much better now... Although my orders are for Space Gray which I want, but if all else fails I'll be happy with the Gold model I have reserved for launch day. :)

12. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

Once the status changes to "Processing Items" you can edit stuff.

Got this from Apple Order help page whatever:
    On the Your Orders page, an order status message displays above each of your items. Order status messages include:

• We've Received your Order - We will begin processing your order soon. You may be able to edit your order details once the order enters the the Processing Items status.
    • Processing Items - We're processing your order right now. You may be able to edit your order details through online Order Status, or by contacting Apple Online Store Customer Service.

13. cadewii macrumors newbie

I just hope my order hoes to processing order and not cancelled right away

14. LLL1424 Contributor

LLL1424

I thought I was the only one...I even made a thread about it as well. Apple claims you can edit Billing and Shipping Information!!! Can someone verify this? Shipping and Billing is incorrect.......

15. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

You can edit it, but only once the order status reaches 'Processing items' and only during that step.

16. LLL1424 Contributor

LLL1424

Thanks for the info dude! How long does it take to get to that status? Any idea?

17. bueller1 macrumors 6502

I had an issue with my billing address. For some reason it kept giving me an issue when I know for a fact that my AT&T account and credit card have the same exact billing address. Although, the AT&T account is under my girlfriends name. Once I added a new billing address on Apple Pay with her full name instead of mine, all went through.

18. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

This is so annoying my order better not get canceled

19. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

In the past it happened very quickly, within a day or so if that. Now that the wait period between preorder and launch date is doubled to two weeks that could mean it'll take longer.

20. LLL1424 Contributor

LLL1424

Sorry to sound like a broken record but it is definitely possible to change the card originally used? Has this been done?

21. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

Definitely not through online. Your only chance would be calling Apple and considering there's a two week gap I'd say you'd have a fairly good shot at getting it changed.

22. LLL1424 Contributor

LLL1424

Appreciate the replies man! I'm sure you're going to help a lot of folks out with the information!!

23. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

No problem my dude. We're all in this together haha

24. haoz macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue! Maybe that's why my order disappeared but I can still see it by checking with the order number.

25. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

My orders show 'Processing' already! ...But I still can't edit. lol