Bought iPhone 6+ but returning for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KG5429, Sep 20, 2014.

1. KG5429 macrumors member

I got the iPhone 6+but after playing with it for a day it just feels "annoyingly" big to me going to change it out for a iPhone 6 today.

Anyone else?

2. cnotes2019 Suspended

I'm keeping my plus and 6 so when I feel like bigger I go big and when I feel like smaller I go small

3. mctrees02 macrumors member

Not sure. I haven't seen anybody else with a thread on the same topic... :cool:

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I'm keeping my 6 Plus. I looked at the 6, too small.

5. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

Its each to their own. The 6 plus will never be to everyone's liking. Personally I got the 6 because I knew the plus would be too big and it's a perfect size for me.

6. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

I didn't want to create the same thread since I thought there would be more but haven't seen one. I did the same thing. The Plu sis a beautiful device but I'm not looking to replace my iPad so I just don't think a "phablet" is for me. I would have preferred a slightly smaller screen to fit my smallish hands but I think the bigger issue was how tall it was....made it too top heavy. The 4.7 is great though. For anyone on the fence, go checkt hem lout at the store. I'd also say that, if you're not a heavy tablet user then this is the perfect device....kinda finds a happy medium.

7. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Really? I've seen several so far.

8. Adam-Jobs macrumors regular

Zzzzz @ this thread. No one cares what you do. It's personal preference. No one on this board knows you personally. It does not effect them. Fair enough if you gave an in depth review with sufficient reasons that could help people make a decision. But you haven't. You've simply said exactly what the 15 other threads have said.

Your sarcasm detector not working?!

9. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

I'm really glad a customer of ours (I'm a manager at an automobile dealership) brought in his silver iPhone 6+ yesterday afternoon. I got to do a real "test drive" on it, and although it was super impressive & the screen was awesome...I had to face the truth that it just wasn't the device for me, given a choice of the smaller version. I picked up a 6 last night & am very happy.

But...had the 6+ Been the only iPhone offered this year...I would have bought it.

10. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

LOL. Yes I know he was being sarcastic!

11. KG5429 thread starter macrumors member

You cared enough to read and respond.. just saying:) I know no one cares what I do but just curious if others were returning and going to the 6

12. cynics macrumors G4

I'd suggest giving it a few days at least. A lot of people felt the 5 was too tall too.

I know its too big for me but it took me about a month of Note 3 ownership to throughly establish that.

13. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I know right?

14. Cryates macrumors 65816

Why give up on it after less than a day? It's big sure and will shock a lot of people when the receive it but it's all about what you get used to using.

15. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Hmmmm love these types of statements because they're sooo funny. 6+ is NOT an iPad replacemwnt no matter how many times people say it.
    If u knew why make the thread? Simply add onto one of the many threads already made.

16. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

Dude seriously, I'm in love with my 6+! No way in hell I'd return mine! I've wanted a big phone for years, the only thing I couldn't stand was Android. i finally got what I've been waiting for in the iPhone 6+.

17. aneftp macrumors 601

My wife didn't even open her iPhone 6 plus 64GB (her's arrived via UPS yesterday). I went to Apple store to get my iPhone 6 plus since my att.com order was delayed.

Anyways, she saw the iPhone 6 plus and thought it was way too big. I asked if she wanted the 4.7 inch and she didn't even want that one.

She said she'll keep her iPhone 5S 32GB. She just wanted better battery life and the 6 plus offers the best battery life.

I told her the other way to improve battery life on the 5S was to get off freaking Facebook app. She doesn't realize how much battery drains with that crap with all it's notifications and her checking it all the time with the screen on.

18. GmDude66 macrumors 6502

Agree 100%. I love my 6 Plus!!!

19. Alexander.Of.Oz macrumors 68000

Alexander.Of.Oz

Not quite true... Plenty of folks just have a ginormous phablet and no other computing devices at all. I couldn't do that, but many do.

20. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

Seriously.

21. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I barely used my 5s because the screen was too small. After playing with the 6 at work, there is no way id want the smalled 4.7" phone

22. DaveMike11 macrumors member

OP, I also received my ip6+ yesterday. I being to AT&T store to check out both models in person. For my needs, i find the ip6 small. so I'm happy with my decision of ip6+.

My suggestion for you is to keep using it for a week and then decide based on your feedback. On day 1 you will feel it suddenly big and you get used to it you will start liking it. The ip6 & 6+ are so thin and its easily portable imo.

Good luck.

23. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

To everyone who got a 6 Plus yesterday and wants to swap it for a 6, how are you going to do this seeing as there's such limited stock? I was debating this yesterday when I got my 6 Plus delivered (from a pre-order on the Apple website) but the normal 6 has a 3-4 week waiting list on the website. Anyway, just wondering... :)

24. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

It is a monster. I have huge hands and it's right at my limit. If the iPhone 7 goes up even a tenth of an inch or two, I think I'd go with the smaller one next time. I'll keep the plus though.

I can certainly see why some would think it's too big.

25. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

The 6 seems to be in relatively good supply at Apple Stores. I checked for Reserve and Pick Up, and my local Apple Store has no iPhone 6 Pluses, but every iP6 apart from 64GB gold and silver in stock.