bought my MBP one month ago..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by radiocity25, Apr 11, 2010.

1. radiocity25 macrumors member

Ok so rumor has it that a new MBP will come out this week. I bought my MBP on March 12. Can I do an exchange with Apple for the current model?? Also what is the price of the 13 inch MBP being refreshed?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No.

Nobody knows what model- if any- is being refreshed.

3. King Apple macrumors regular

King Apple

Of course you can't. Try selling it on ebay

4. radiocity25 thread starter macrumors member

man what the hell. this blows. how much can i sell mine for?? what is the average sell price? i have 4gb of ram in it I upgraded.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

It blows because you have a perfectly good laptop? I don't understand people like you.... chasing specs...... :rolleyes:

I'm curious.... what do you use your MBP for?:)

6. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Well, not sure now, since the current MBPs will likely see a substantial price drop once the new models are out.

7. King Apple macrumors regular

King Apple

I say get rid of ur mbp as fast as possible before the new ones come out. You will definently see a substantial price drop as newer mbps come out.

8. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I'd rather keep it, i mean, you loved your macbook pro for a month, now not anymore because there is only a rumor that a new one will come out, and btw the rumor only talks about 15" and 17"? I know updates should come out soon, but you'd probably loose some 300$ just because of that, if you really need a faster one, sell it though

9. radiocity25 thread starter macrumors member

those are very wise words. i just feel remorseful that a new model is coming out when I bought mine a month ago. I am a student. But wat are the features of the new model??

EDIT: is the 13 inch even getting upgraded? what is the price? I kno theres the best better thing but does the 13 inch fit in that?

10. Surely Guest

Surely

What do you use your computer for?:)

Let me guess:
    • email
    • internet browsing
    • music
    • photos
    • video
    • typing essays

11. collegembp macrumors newbie

Again, "Nobody knows what model- if any- is being refreshed." miles01110 answered that question the first time you asked.

12. radiocity25 thread starter macrumors member

i really like your friendly attitude...forget i asked.

13. Surely Guest

Surely

I am being friendly. Sorry, do you require more emoticons? Here I'll edit my posts and add some for you.:)

My point for listing those uses is that if that is what you use your MBP for, you wouldn't notice an improvement difference between what you have and the new MBPs.

Would you rather me tell you the opposite, and that you will be missing out on the world if you don't get a new one the second they're released?:confused:

14. ZazenZach macrumors member

radiocity you need to chill out.

the minute you buy any piece of technology, it becomes virtually obsolete within a month. tech is constantly being upgraded.

i f ur so concerned with being on top of the tech pyramid, why buy Mac? It's common knowledge that Mac uses older tech relative to PCs.

most importantly, rumors of macbook pro upgrades have been circulating for MONTHS now. Its not like its a surprise. theyve been due for an upgrade for a very long time.

15. radiocity25 thread starter macrumors member

i am perfectly calm. what are you talking about. i guess i'll just stick with my MBP, the reason I was wondering was due to how close I bought it but I didn't know about this site til now. The only thing I am remorseful about is how I didn't upgrade my hard drive, but eh thats life and i have an external.

now to cope..

16. SSSpain macrumors newbie

Radiocity, Surely has a point — the speed/performance difference will probably not be noticeable to the average user. The current models, while overpriced, are perfectly good machines for the vast majority of people.

I say forget about the updates and enjoy your MBP. :)

17. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I concur, enjoy your new book. You can't be always up to date on computers, unless of course you are loaded and can buy and sell every update. :D

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

You are NOT entitled to free updates. You knew what you were buying when you bought it. You also should have been aware of the 2 week return period. What more do you want?
    Look at what other ebay listings are going for

However, I would not fret too much. Chances are you won't know any day to day difference. Your machine will work just as well as you got it once the new ones come out

19. radiocity25 thread starter macrumors member

i appreciate all the response and it is best to just continue using the mac. I guess I got all caught up with the new releases and felt disappointed I couldn't wait. I mean i love my MBP its fast and I got space. its not like I'd notice the big difference for this is pretty new. This is a pretty good MBP to start for being a recent convert. I used a 5 year old Dell XPS M140 with an 80GB hard drive..so yea this is a big split. I decided to go Mac once I upgraded the Dell to 7 and it became unresponsive and slow.

woot Apple!:D

20. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Who cares that new ones may be out this week. I too bought mine nearly a month ago but I knew that new ones were coming out soon and I really didn't care.

My 15" MBP is still going to be the computer that I bought last month when the new ones come out and going by past upgrades, it really won't be that great of an upgrade anyways, not enough to make me want to sell this one just to buy a new one.

I love my MBP. I sold my five month old 13" to get the 15". :)

21. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Ordered a CTO model last week; I needed the computer and right now it fulfills my needs, so I don't really care if they release one tomorrow or next week; sure if they let me swap it, I'll be quite happy; if they don't I'll still be content with what I have.

22. Nuck81 macrumors regular

I bought mine six months ago, I think I'll just use it for five or six years before I worry about trading it in..

23. 530farm macrumors member

sorry for the slight hijack but had a question regarding the exchange...

In order to return it, did it have to be bought from apple? Or could it have been bought by a 3rd party seller?

24. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I think you will be fine. As others have said you have a brand new MBP that is still a very good computer, regardless of what updates Apple introduces. The new MBP (whenever they are released) will most likely bring about small updates, most likely a multi core processor and maybe a better more powerful graphics processor for the new models. Unless you absolutely need more power then you already have, I would say keep your MBP. You will likely take a loss if you sell it on ebay anyway.

25. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I don't concur at all, in fact I think all this "advice" is ********. No one can tell you what you should or shouldn't want. If you want a better machine, and have the money to spend on it, you might as well go to an Apple store and ask a manager to please let you swap for a new model. The worst that can happen is he'll say no, but you have nothing to lose, and feel better about actually trying. You don't have to "cope" just because some strangers on the internet told you you're **** out of luck. If you really want the updated MBPs, sell yours as fast as you possibly can, and use the money to buy a new one. Why be stuck with outdated technology when new models might be released in a few days? Just my opinion on the matter.