Boxes of MacBooks Arrive at Apple Stores

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 31, 2007.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

We've heard multiple reports that shipments of MacBooks have made their way to Apple Stores with specific instructions that they are not to be opened. While it was originally presumed that these new MacBook shipments simply represented MacBooks with Leopard pre-installed, the instructions not to open the boxes raises some questions.

We've heard various (conflicting) claims that they represent the upgraded MacBooks we've been waiting for, but we're not sure why Apple would ship them out so early.

Article Link

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

3. thasan macrumors 65816

whaaaa....thats the NEWS ive been waiting for!!!
    :p:p:p

4. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

I can't believe they're anything other than minor updates. I suspect:
    • Santa Rosa, plus the associated speed and graphics bumps;
    • Maybe LED backlit screens;
    • Super-drive as standard across the range would be nice, as would price drops! :D
    It wouldn't make sense for Apple to do anything more at this time. The MacBook is still a hot & trendy product, and the Leopard release will already be giving it a sales boost.

Steve will be saving any major laptop updates (aluminium, touch screen, ultra-thin, magic trackpad, gold-plated, whatever) for the Expo in January.

SL

5. thasan macrumors 65816

i honestly hope u r wrong :D
    its the holiday season and MB is a consumer lappy, isnt it?

6. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I'd wish they'd introduce the 12" again:(
    The 13" is small, compared to a 15" MBP, ut it just doesn't feel small enough!
    Anyone with me?

7. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

8. thasan macrumors 65816

13 inch is a bit big ...very true. but i dont mind whether we get 13 or 12...
    i just want a good graphics card and an alu casing:rolleyes:

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Apple is pretty good with timing, so I'm guessing this is not simply the delayed arrival of Leopard-based MacBooks.

10. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

I agree. There would not be this much secrecy if it was just a speedbump. It's not just "delayed leopard" macbooks.

11. AdamB60 macrumors newbie

I am satisfied with the current lineup, I just would like to get newer for my money. I'd take a CPU/GPU and LED screen.

12. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

I am 90% certain that they would not update the macbooks now or in November, only to give them a new case redesign again at Macworld. That just doesn't make sense.

And for all of you complainers about the 13" form factor. The macbooks are actually the same width as the 14" macbooks due to the enormous waste of space to the sides and the top of the screen frame. I doubt they would ever go 12" again but rather shave off that extra frame, making it feel like a true 13".

The MBP 15" is not much wider and deeper ffs! (Which is why I have ordered one.)

13. Bassassin macrumors newbie

Wow def the news we have all been waiting for. SO what are we thinking now, still gonna hold out till tues or are these boxes just waiting to be cracked open soonsies?

14. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

15. belovedmonster macrumors regular

The Macbook will just get a Speedbump, its currently selling like hotcakes so why change its design radically? The next Mac to get any design overhaul will be the Mini, unless they just kill it off entirely.

The Mini is interesting because there's scope to make the Apple TV more like the Mini and then change the Mini to something else.

16. thasan macrumors 65816

why do u think the case will come in january?? :confused:

17. hsadear macrumors member

hsadear

one of the many bonuses of living in new zealand.

less time to wait!!! woo hoo

18. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Because of MacWorld.

I hope they do make them smaller. Another poster is right - they are as large as the 14" iBook - which was a waste of space. The MacBook is a larger waste of space. If money was no object, I would have a 15" MBP no problem... :rolleyes:

19. Zuwxiv macrumors member

Amazing news! I don't know why they would have them this early for the 6th (if that date is correct... maybe we'll see them on the 1st instead?)

I've been waiting for a while, speed bumps or new design, I'll be buying one as soon as they are available.

20. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I guess your not a fan of wireless then ? :rolleyes:

21. deadkenny macrumors regular

The german shop sais "5 -7 days" (depending on the model, 5 for the white ones and 7 for the black ones) for MacBooks to ship. It's a tuesday in 5 days.

22. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

If they could make something as light and robust as the IBM X60 they'd boost their presence in the business market overnight....The macbook is surprisingly heavy in comparison....
    Vanilla

23. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Exactly. So why would they invest money in significantly updating a trusted product that's already recouped it's R&D costs and that's going to be flying off the shelves for the next two months anyway?

Maybe there's a Product Red one in one of the boxes or something.

SL

24. JSpence macrumors regular

JSpence

I totally have my fingers and toes crossed. And my eyes, it took me like a whoel minute to typ ethis :p

25. Bassassin macrumors newbie

hsadear. Your Michael Scott quote made me crack up. Not only did I get some updated news on macbooks but then you made me laugh it up!