Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
The buyer of the 32g who got the 16g is entitled to a 32g but not from the person who bought the 16 and got the 32. You should not be punished because the seller made a mistake, it is the responsibility of the seller to ensure the proper product is in the package, and if it is not than it is the responsibility of the buyer to claim a dispute if they so wish.

Some may argue a moral position for this but in all technicality you got lucky and got a 32g for the price of a 16g. Grats. Enjoy.

And BTW iPlastic is a Canadian company, there is no way you got it from Cupertino.. and even so Cupertino is Apple HQ, products are not made nor packaged there so they wouldn't have the iPlastic anyway.

Shame on YOU for being dishonest and selling products as 'unopened' when they have in fact been opened, and for voiding the warranties of people who buy from you by not having matching SN packaging with their products, now they can't return it. I guess in a way you had it coming.

My 2 cents.

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
The buyer of the 32g who got the 16g is entitled to a 32g but not from the person who bought the 16 and got the 32. You should not be punished because the seller made a mistake, it is the responsibility of the seller to ensure the proper product is in the package, and if it is not than it is the responsibility of the buyer to claim a dispute if they so wish.

Some may argue a moral position for this but in all technicality you got lucky and got a 32g for the price of a 16g. Grats. Enjoy.

And BTW iPlastic is a Canadian company, there is no way you got it from Cupertino.. and even so Cupertino is Apple HQ, products are not made nor packaged there so they wouldn't have the iPlastic anyway.

Shame on YOU for being dishonest and selling products as 'unopened' when they have in fact been opened, and for voiding the warranties of people who buy from you by not having matching SN packaging with their products, now they can't return it. I guess in a way you had it coming.

My 2 cents.

That was some crazy folk saying he was the seller.

HE IS NOT THE SELLER.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
I'm also wondering if it's unlocked (wishful thinking)... I'll have my Noosy Micro sim cutter on Wednesday, so I'll be able to try a T-mobile sim card in it.

Let us know if it is unlocked because like i said before i didnt think there is an unlock software for the iphone4 yet.... again i could be wrong...:confused:

Robby C

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Atlanta
I also just checked the bottom of my box, it says SN#820251DVA45

I think someone got lazy..lol

Serial number: 820251DVA45

Ok assuming your phone's serial number on the box and the phone are the same, you got a 32gig phone, or the seller just mistook your phone for a 16GB phone and put it in the wrong box (in which case the serial numbers on the phone and the box will not be the same). Either way, you got a 32gig. Couldn't quite figure out what you were trying to say when "Someone got lazy"

EDIT: Just read this from you;
I don't know why it would matter.
The SN# that is listed on the phone/iTunes does not match the box.
So you would see a 16GB iPhone box, with a 32GB phone listed in iTunes.
Then i'd have people saying i'm making this up.
I agree with others. I guess I got lucky.

Seems like the seller misplaced the phones, otherwise I don't know what's going on. Either way- Congrats! I think for 700 bucks you should get a 32GB but that's just me haha.
I'm tired of this "pics or it didn't happen" bull ****. Seriously, it's like a bunch of little kids in here. Why the hell would anyone make this up? To get attention on a forum board? *applaud applaud* IF that's the case, which I know it's not, people need to get a life. Seriously guys, some (not all of you) in here need to grow up.

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
No way.

If the seller on eBay advertised it as brand new unopened then that is what the buyer needs to get. If he sends the 32gb phone back then he is going to get an opened, used 16gb iPhone that has already been in the hands of a 3rd party.

No matter what the buyer does he isn't going to get what he paid for. He either gets a 32gb iPhone or a used iPhone...

This is all the seller's responsibility. It was his error and it is his to fix. He needs to take the loss of the 32gb and get a new 32gb phone to the other party.

The buyer isn't responsible at all here.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
Didn't Sony do this with memory cards a few years back?

actually intel did this with their core solo line. Most core solo chips were made from core duos with a defective core but there weren't enough defective core duos around so Intel simply disabled one core of a normal core duo to make a core solo. If you were brave enough, you could enable that other core back...

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
ok, I don't know where everyone is getting their information from. But please. Tell me more.

FACTS:
Phone was bought on eBay, Listed as a Brand new and sealed 16GB iPhone 4.

Seller bought the phone from the Apple store.

Stickers SN on box DOES NOT not match SN on Phone or Sim tray.

The seller is NOT a user/member of MacRumors.com

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
So I got my Noosy micro sim cutter today, cut a T-mobile sim card that wasn't being used. put it in the iPhone 4... and it's NOT unlocked.

Oh well.. worth a try.lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.