Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
It looks like a metallurgic defect in the edge of the aluminum block used for the unibody. Hopefully it's just the edge that chipped and there are no tiny cracks elsewhere that will become bigger cracks later on.

MeatRocket

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2013
In the Sandbox
Jesus, this thread reminds me of the "First World Problems" meme...

Attachments

• Apple-1st-world-problems-first-world-problems-meme.jpg
    Apple-1st-world-problems-first-world-problems-meme.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 231

jeffery0103

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
thz everyone for all the suggestions.:D
I made up my mind and gonna return it since it is i7 8gb ram 512HD version.
Cost me so much money.

jeffery0103

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Good news.
I got a replacement guys.
and the screen is actually better. :D
Thz to you all

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
Good news.
I got a replacement guys.
and the screen is actually better. :D
Thz to you all

I guess you may have now a different brand of screen (LG or Samsung) ; there use to be a test script for the Air which would tell you the screen manufacturer ( you can search for it on the forum), but dont know if it works on the new version.

jeffery0103

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
yea i know.
It seems most of the new macs are LG.
But i prefer the natural colour of LG rather than Samsung on my mba 2012.

ayres

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
this has to be one of the all time greatest subject lines!!! what immediately comes to mind is a machine missing an entire section of the chassis!

but on a deeper level, can a non-circular object ever not have a corner? I know, deep yeah? I have even finished my first coffee of the day!

WhyMista

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
Tx
You've got to be ****ing kidding me. Go make your own damned laptop if you're that neurotic....

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
  1. Small imperfection.
  2. Return for another one.
  3. Get a small scratch/dent in a week.

4. Return for another one.
5. Get a larger scratch/dent.
6. Return for another one and search store displays for a life.
7. Get hit by truck. Laptop undamaged.
8. Laptop stolen by passerby.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
My hair wasn't combed perfectly straight when I unboxed it for the first time. So I returned it.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I'd return it. If Apple themselves saw it like that they wouldn't have sold it. They do have standards as do their customers.

I think you mean that if Steve Jobs, himself, saw it, he would not have sold it. But he's dead, as are Apple's standards. When Jobs left, QC standards dropped. Apple is not the same company as it was in 2010.

****, I accidentally posted a c-c-c-c-combo breaker!

----------

It looks like a metallurgic defect in the edge of the aluminum block used for the unibody. Hopefully it's just the edge that chipped and there are no tiny cracks elsewhere that will become bigger cracks later on.

This is a laptop, not a piece of heavy machinery. It won't crack, even with the heat of the processor. The unibody of my 15" MacBook Pro has severe stress fracturing on the surface near the hinges (previous owner let the screen flop back a LOT), and it's holding up just fine.

Jagadis

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
This is such a funny thread.

Some stores have started flagging people in their systems as "abusive returners". I know someone who got nailed by Costco for taking back too much stuff. I think he now has to pay a 10% restocking charge when he takes stuff back....hehehehe

Reminds me of this show I watched on TLC where people have funny compulsive habits. One episode featured a women who is addicted to eating toilet paper. I think she chews through a roll a day....

;)

Jordan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.