Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Farve is pissing alot of people off because of his dying need for attention. He just needs to play til he cant anymore or retire and disappear.

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Yea it will be scary IF Farve can throw 10-15 more touchdowns than interceptions with AD and Harvin to utilize. Not to mention that defense isn't half bad.

cjm3113

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2008
As a life long Packer fan and a huge fan of Brett Favre - I would not be pissed at all. I am happy for him if he comes back.

Brett realized he was not ready to step away from the game, he wanted to come back to Green Bay but we told him we were moving on. We get to make that decision, but then we cannot cry when he goes elsewhere. It was our choice to set him free and now he gets to do whatever he chooses to.

I will admit though, many Packer fans are compete drama queens and will call him the devil.

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
Brett's shenanigans over the past two years have certainly divided the Packer faithful. Really if he's going to retire he should just go gracefully instead of crying crocodile tears at the end of the season. Going to the Vikes just to spite Ted Thompson and the Packer organization seems about as petty as you can be.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I wish he would stay retired
Heck, I wish he hadn't played for the Jets

His career has been spectacular... and mediocre at times
But he was definitely fun to watch

Just a minor picky point... cjm3113 got it right...
It is Favre not Farve

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
DearGodPlsMakeItStop.jpg

Looks like we're getting our annual installment of "As the Favre Turns" :rolleyes: The longer he keeps doing this,the more he's looking like a self centered,self absorbed attention whore hell bent on sticking it to the Packers..2 td's and 9 picks over his last 5 games last year....the Jets went 1-4 and missed the playoffs....torn biceps....has not had surgery to fix them yet.....he is doing the 1 thing he always said he wouldnt do.......he doesnt want to be the guy who held on too long......but that is exactly what he is doing.

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2007
Being a New Yorker, I was excited when Favre came here. The thing is, as a starter he can only go 10 or 12 games before losing it. He would be a great back-up. Very few NFL QBs start 16 games - it's usually closer to 12 or so. But Favre's ego is huge. Can he stop himself?

cjm3113

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2008
You guys know he got hurt and that was his performance was so poor at the end of the year right? :confused:

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
This didn't help him win in the locker room either:
REPORT: FAVRE DOESN’T LIKE PLAYING FOR MANGINI
Posted by Mike Florio on December 28, 2008, 12:11 p.m. EST
Apart from a nagging shoulder injury that has gotten worse over the past few weeks, a major factor that will influence whether quarterback Brett Favre will return to the Jets in 2009 is whether and to what extent he’s happy.

Per FOX’s Jay Glazer, Favre isn’t happy playing for coach Eric Mangini.

The problem? In Green Bay, Favre had his own set of rules. In New York, Favre is treated like everyone else.
He regularly is called to the “principal’s office” to answer questions about the basis for Favre’s in-game decisions. Also, Mangini has called Favre out in front of the team.

So if Favre plays next year, it apparently won’t be for the Jets.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/28/report-favre-doesnt-like-playing-for-mangini/

The bold is my emphasis.That's the whole problem with Favre. It's his way or the highway..

nobunaga209

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
TX
Packers fans should be psyched. They'd get to beat him twice.:)

Yikes not with that defense...:p
Brett Fhav-Ree is one of my all time favorite QB's but he seriously needs to relax in the Wranglers and go fishing or something. The not having surgery and skipping training camp deal is bonkers considering all the prep that needs to go into making a playoff/superbowl run. Everyone knows that he has familiarity with the offensive scheme in Minnesota [Childress]; but he still has to gel with the WR's, team, etc.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
You guys know he got hurt and that was his performance was so poor at the end of the year right? :confused:

Doesn't really matter.

In total Favre had exactly two impressive games last year; beating the Patriots in New England and beating the Titans in Tennessee. Other than those, the Jets beat up on crappy teams and still managed to lose to the Raiders (????). Even with an injured shoulder there's no excuse for losing to the Broncos (at home), the 49ers, or the Seahawks. Also keep in mind that he really should have been 0-5 if the Bills hadn't beaten themselves in week 15.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
A quarterback's throwing arm is injured and it doesn't really matter. I don't need to read any further.

Well it's quite typical of a fan of a certain team to blame poor performance on injury. Please explain why Favre was only able to beat crappy teams the first half of the season, and still managed to lose to the Matt Cassel Patriots at home and the Oakland Raiders? You can't. Favre was the worst thing that could have happened to the Jets.

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Well it's quite typical of a fan of a certain team to blame poor performance on injury. Please explain why Favre was only able to beat crappy teams the first half of the season, and still managed to lose to the Matt Cassel Patriots at home and the Oakland Raiders? You can't. Favre was the worst thing that could have happened to the Jets.

No that would be Matt Sanchez.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Favre sucks. He's an old man and needs to stop being an attention whore and just retire. He's completely killed his legacy these past 2 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.