Bubble effect Apple Watch Screen

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by andrewsjra, Feb 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. andrewsjra macrumors regular

Does anyone else notice a bubble effect on their Apple Watch screen when in direct sunlight? While turning my wrist to check the time I noticed what looked kind of like bubbles or a dent on my screen. If I don’t look at that specific angle it’s unnoticeable. This is my new replacement watch I just received from Apple. I have the series 3 42 mm LTE version and honestly didn’t notice it on my original watch. I decided to check my wife’s series 3 38mm LTE and I notice it on hers as well. I was thinking it was a defect but if hers has it too it sounds very common. There’s also 4 vertical lines that can be seen on both our watches if you look at the right angle with direct sunlight. Has anyone else noticed this on their watches or have any feedback on this?

2. StumpyBloke Suspended

StumpyBloke

3. andrewsjra thread starter macrumors regular

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The four vertical lines might be a laminating issue with the display. Here is thread that someone else had the same issue your Watch has and that member claimed it was defective.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/vertical-lines-on-display.2053068/

The “Bubbles” you’re referring too has an orange peel like affect, Which can be found on many of the Apple Watches, which that may not be necessarily defective. I would still make a Genius appointment for Apple to look at it.

5. andrewsjra thread starter macrumors regular

I’m shocked that this replacement watch passed inspection for another go around with these vertical lines. I don’t trust receiving another replacement in the mail. I just wish the Apple store would let me exchange it for a replacement but Apple told me on the phone that replacement watch’s can only be shipped and are not available in the store.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

UnFortunately replacement watches are not available in store, that Apples to all Apple stores, they are shipped from a depot. I would contact them and let them know your situation and see what they can do for you.

7. StumpyBloke Suspended

StumpyBloke

Latest gen with LTE 42mm. All my watches (3) have had the screen ‘effect’ you’re referring to.

8. andrewsjra thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I think those that say they don’t have it probably haven’t noticed it because unless you are really looking for it at the right angle in direct light, it’s not visible. I’m going to Apple tomorrow and going to check the floor models. I bet I’ll see the bubbles and lines on them as well.

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The “Bubbles” effect isn’t abnormal. Many other forum members have attested to experiencing the same thing. The vertical lines could be a possible laminate issue depending how visible they are. I own multiple Apple Watches and none of them have the vertical lines. (And I did look closely in different lighting.)

10. andrewsjra thread starter macrumors regular

I wouldn’t say they are really noticeable to a normal person like my wife. But someone like me with OCD definitely can see it on mine and her watch. Because hers has it too I’m willing to guess it’s ok and normal. It was a real hassle to have Apple ship me a replacement. I’d be really upset if they sent me one with the same thing. I ordered a full screen protector so who knows if I’ll even see the bubbles or lines afterwards. Keeping my fingers crossed. Still though, for $480 it should be flawless.

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The bubbles is something that you will likely get used to or realize that it’s not an issue. The vertical lines depending on how visible they are, I would make a Genius appointment to Apple to look at it. If they determine it’s not a problem, then you can at least know it’s not a laminate issue depending how easily you can see them.