Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoluMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Beijing
I am travelling to Kyoto for 6 days, next week. I am also interested in buying MBA 2018 version (8/16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) with English keyboard. I am wondering it will be possible to buy directly from store in Kyoto with these configurations. Any suggestions?

Best,
Golu.

msp3

Suspended
May 9, 2015
What’s wrong with getting it at the Apple store wherever you’re from?

4869Holmes

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2019
If you are going any Mac in Japan, the English keyboard is not available on hand. The ones at the store are only available with the Japanese keyboard. If you want one with an American English keyboard or British, you will need to customize it online on the official apple store website. Other wise Japanese keyboard is ok since you can change it to English on the settings but, I find that some don't like it because of the layout and or characters and signs crammed in to the keys.
As of now, if you want to pick it up at the store after purchasing it online with the America English keyboard (BTO), pick up is available on March 10.

GoluMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Beijing
so I was able to find one with English keyboard at apple store at Kyoto. they had some stock of the standard ones, but anything more than that requires customisation.

Reactions: 4869Holmes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.