Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZunePod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Who's getting it?

This is going to be one epic game.

Discuss!

iSaygoodbye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
a boat
its not call of duty.just modern warfare 2. they dropped call of duty. and if i have the money im getting it the night it comes out,staying up all night beating the campaign,then pwning some noobs online.:D

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Its still technically a Call of Duty game, even if it's a spin-off per sé; backed up from the obvious continuation from CoD4, the fact it's the same developer/publisher, and the fact that there will not be another CoD-related game for this year.
I still don't understand exactly why they messed around with the name; but I guess Call of Duty: NAMEINYOURFACE is a bit annoying to throw around...Call of Duty 1 to 3 were alright, but when they added the suffixes it sort of became a joke. The only thing I can think of is it'd be a terrible name to try and say... 'Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2"... (but then again, World at War was officially marketed as "Call of Duty", not "Call of Duty 5"...hmmm)...

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I think Infinity Ward is taking their idea of CoD in a different direction with MW2, trying to establish it on it's own merit. So far it's worked. CoD4 is one of the most popular games out there, and the WWII shooter is getting old.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
^I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to get eat alive by the COD zombies.

I'm hoping for a slower paced game like a mix between GRAW - Killzone 2. I'm sure I'll pick it up but I'm hoping its not more of the same wave after wave of enemies.

For the love of all things sane please get rid of the assist aim bull.

Bless

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
What's so epic about Kill kill kill, checkpoint, repeat... :)

I think it they added a little less of the Quake aspect and more Hitman then COD would be more impressive. Although I really do like the games there's the repetitive aspect which does get a little boring after a while...

kindablue09

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
Looks amazing. Maybe this time it will play more like counterstrike and less like quake (multiplayer). Can't wait, this will run great on my (soon to be ordered) imac 3.06 :D

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Call of Duty 2>>>Call of Duty4: Modern Warfare>>>Call of Duty: World at War>>>>>Call of Duty 3

Lets hope that the second Modern Warfare is better than the first Modern Warfare.

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
Call of Duty 2>>>Call of Duty4: Modern Warfare>>>Call of Duty: World at War>>>>>Call of Duty 3

Lets hope that the second Modern Warfare is better than the first Modern Warfare.

Meh, World at War > Modern Warfare > Call of Duty 2 >>> Call of Duty 3

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
COD 4. HELP~~~
I'm stuck behind the ferris wheel and can't get out! I'm getting KILLED before the extraction helicopter arrives.

HELP!!!!!

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
MW2 should be fun. I'm looking forward to it, although after playing more CoDWaW, I'm liking the MP on that better. It's less close action w/ pray n spray. Semi-auto guns, medium/large maps are fun for me. I dunno, going back into CoD4 I just get nade fested all day every day in MP, watching kill cams, they just chuck their 3xnades and small areas, = owned

Mintin8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2009
United Kingdom
Roll on MW2!! They better include british guns like the SA80 etc. Hopefully the graphics will be improved. I should think so by now.

evan g

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
modern weapons maybe? If WaW had modern weapons I'd love it even more, but that may be the reason why I like WaW better, the gameplay which includes the weapons, I dunno.

Yeah now that I think about it, I can't live without the G36c :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.