CAMERA = REASON TO BUY iPhone 4 (AD-ON CAMERA APPS AND PICS)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by agjake01, Jul 24, 2010.

?

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CAMERA APP

1. Native Camera / No App

29.5%
  2. Camera+

44.5%
  3. Hipstamatic

16.8%
  4. Pano

3.5%
  5. Other (Let us know)

5.7%
  1. agjake01 macrumors regular

I've been playing with the camera on the iphone 4 and am astounded at the quality of the pictures that it produces. The camera and available photo apps are reason enough to buy the iPhone 4. Nothing else allows for the ability to snap a picture and manipulate it with the same ease and quality of the IP4. My two cents FWIW

Pictures taken with the iPhone 4 camera through the Camera+ app.

CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO ZOOM TO THE NEAR RAW SIZE

Attached Files:

2. GTghost macrumors regular

Wow these are really nice.
    What photo app did you use to add the effects?

3. agjake01 thread starter macrumors regular

Everything was done through the Camera+ app. $1.99 and all of the filters are included.

More Pics

Attached Files:

4. trabant macrumors newbie

Straight from the camera, no editing. I'm impressed

5. agjake01 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, the camera and app make it pretty easy. I'm definitely no shutter bug!

6. GTghost macrumors regular

What would you recommend, camera+ or hipstamic (something like that)?

7. hunter x az macrumors member

Cam is great ... If your lens plastic is crystal clear. I just got a replacement phone today cuz my
    Lens was scratched to ****.

8. agjake01 thread starter macrumors regular

I am so cheap, Camera+ is the first app I've every purchased! I looked at both and decided on Camera+ because it looked like it had more filters/capabilities. I can tell you that it has the following features that are pretty nice:

Better Zoom
    Multiple Cropping Options
    27 Filters
    Two point focusing
    Direct Web Uploading

9. sportster macrumors 6502

10. agjake01 thread starter macrumors regular

I just downloaded the app today and will play around with it a bit more tomorrow and try a few new shots. Also, the images are thumbnails and about as big as I could load them on here.. so click on them after you open them to see the detail that the camera picked up. It sure is better than the old camera on the 3G!

11. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

12. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

The pictures are pretty good, except for the bottom left one. I don't really subscribe to the washed out with flash method of photo taking, but there are probably is a person who does for every person who doesn't

13. California King macrumors 65816

I'm the same with apps. I find it hard paying $0.99 on an app, but don't even think when I spend $8+ a day for lunch when I can save money by eating at home :)

Still not sure if I'll purchase it though...is it as fast as the Camera app? If I were to buy it, I'd probably want to use it as my default camera app.

14. agjake01 thread starter macrumors regular

That's a very tiny white flower that I zoomed to the max to see how it would turn out using a digital zoom. I think it would have been better had I held the camera closer for a good macro shot.

It's close to if not as fast as. I've been using it as my camera app now.

15. Valix macrumors newbie

16. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

The photographer determines the quality of the pic. Whether it is a bad camera or a good camera a good/better/best quality is determined by how the photographer wants to present the subject.

17. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Thank you, exactly.

18. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

I purchased Camera+, Hipstamatic with all Add-ons, and Tiltshift Generator. They all excel at various things. I recommend all three if you love taking photos.

19. GTghost macrumors regular

Hah I just bought the Camera+ app and looks pretty good.
    Should I buy Hipstamatic camera app?

Below is something I came up with real quickly.

Attached Files:

20. GDVI macrumors regular

GDVI

Those look great!

P.S Why won't my camera focus?! It does great with distant shots but refuses to macro, even manually. I don't really want to replace it because other than this issue its flawless. Any help?

21. 101AirAssault macrumors member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2 of mine I took while visiting family.

Of course you used equipment to test this theory of yours? Equipment that breaks pictures down and processes the raw data and not just your own eye/bs theory.... Well of course you did! I'm not saying it's not better I just want to see your data if you don't mind.

22. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

23. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

I rather buy a point in shoot camera. There is no camera on any smartphone worth buying the phone for. Take pics of a lot of white stuff an you'll see green **** on the screen. I would love to see a phone that takes better pics then a point in shoot.

24. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

While I have an excellent point and shoot (Canon g10), and a full Canon professional setup leftover from my days of shooting weddings, the best camera is the one you have with you at all times. Turns out, I don't carry either of those with me all the time, but I do carry my phone.

So I upgraded to the iPhone 4 based solely on the camera. And I have no regrets, because now I can catch excellent quality images anytime, images I otherwise would have missed. Are they equivalent to my pro gear? No. Are they equivalent to the g10? For printing up to 8"x10", they're fine. For web use, they're better...because they won't sit on an SD card for a week or two until I get around to posting them!

Oh, and no green spots so far, no major white balance issues that can't be corrected. It doesn't shoot in RAW, but I can forgo that because a decent JPEG still outweighs having no image at all because I left the camera at home.

25. 101AirAssault macrumors member

It's not meant to replace a quality point and shoot so your argument was moot before you even started. Of course there are different levels of PAS out there and it is def better than some, but again, it's not meant to replace a pas or video camera. It's meant to enhance your smart phone experience with pretty high quality stills and video.