Can anyone help me with some ios 5 problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SomeonePlzHelp, Aug 31, 2011.

1. SomeonePlzHelp macrumors regular

Okay so I have had ios 5 beta 4 for a while, and it was working great, then it just stopped working today, so i updated to beta 7.
    Now that I am on beta 7 my phone will not receive text messages..
    I have tried restoring multiple times, yet nothing works.

I would almost be happy just going back to 4.3.5 or whatever.

Someone please help so I can go back to using my phone for texting along with everything else.

2. ParagJain macrumors 6502

Have you tried sending messages and then confirmed if that has been received? also, did you check with service provider if the gateway/server is having some issues.

upgraded iP4 today to beta 7 and so far, both sent and received messages on SMS & whatsapp, and all seems well...

3. SomeonePlzHelp thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I used my dads phone, and tested sending texts to my phone, and it doesnt receive them.
    I have to do a hard restart and occasionally they will pop up at the lock screen, but then they wont come in after that.

Currently I am trying to restore with beta 6 to see if that makes a difference.

(This same issue happened when I tried going from beta4 to beta5 like a month ago. it wouldnt receive texts, so I went back to beta4 and it worked fine.)

4. SomeonePlzHelp thread starter macrumors regular

Didn't make a difference.
    My phone still does not receive text messages for some reason.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. SomeonePlzHelp thread starter macrumors regular

If anyone has any more help that would be great.
    I don't want to have to go buy a new phone today...

6. cinek macrumors 6502

7. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

There was an other thread about beta 5 or beta 6 and someone was having the same problem.
    I'll see if I can find it.
    I don't remember seeing a resolution though.

8. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Did you try a restore as new to iOS 5 beta 7? Or resetting your network connection under Network in General?

9. SomeonePlzHelp thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeah if you could find it, it might possibly be helpful.

10. SomeonePlzHelp thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeah I tried that. I also tried beta 6 and it didn't work.
    This problem only started when I went from beta 4 to beta 5, 6, or 7.

And yeah I reset the network settings, still didn't work :/

11. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Submit a ticket to Apple through your developer account.

12. SomeonePlzHelp thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have a dev acc.
    My step brother put my udid on his list cause he is a dev

13. wpotere Guest

Tis the price you pay for running beta software.

14. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Ask your brother to tell Apple then.

15. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Why would you buy a new phone? Worst case scenario, just put the phone in DFU mode and restore it to 4.x version, then set it up as new. Buying a new phone would be ridiculous.

16. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

That's exactly what I would suggest.

17. SomeonePlzHelp thread starter macrumors regular

Yeahh thats what I tried. I put it into DFU mode and then option restored with 4.3.5 and it wouldn't work. It kept saying connect to iTunes, and shows the icon of a USB going to the iTunes logo.
    So thats not working.
    I think I'll have to take it to a Mac Mechanic type place and have them restore it with their version of iTunes and their version of 4.3.5

----------

[​IMG]

18. wpotere Guest

Glad I could be of assistance. Next time don't dabble in something that you have no clue about. :rolleyes:

19. SomeonePlzHelp thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah wpotere you were so much assistance wow all my problems are solved now thanks to you

20. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Did you also reinstall iTunes 10.4 (or 10.3 whichever one is currently live). You cannot activate 4.3.5 using a beta iTunes. This will probably cause both your music library and iPhone backups to not work as they are not backwards compatible.

21. soco macrumors 68030

soco

That's how your posted ended up looking AFTER you edited it? I'm frightened...

Seriously though, if you're knowingly eliciting the help of people here having no legitimate source of the software you're using or any equally legitimate reason for obtaining it in the first place, a little less snarkiness would suit you like a glove.

22. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

23. wpotere Guest

24. 34design macrumors newbie

lets help the guy

firstly important to know that you are in DFU mode (Device Firmware Upload)not recovery mode.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

read it it may take a few attempts or use the official notes either one is good enough to read.

then connect to USB and open iTunes b7

you will see in iTunes under Summary tab restore to original settings, click the restore and let it download 4.3.5 .

allow 30 minutes for full restore and download pending on your internet speed . just let it do it and if your iPhone is legitimately connected to a network without any jailbreak solutions you will not have a problem.

reiterate DFU MODE is different than recovery you know when you are in it because it will have a blank black screen without the Itunes connect logo.

good luck .

25. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

This won't work.
    At least it didn't work for me.
    And I've seen dozens of posts in the last day from others saying it didn't work for them either.
    I suspect it's because of the answer above that you can't use an iTunes beta to restore to 4.3.5.

Try it but if it doesn't work then reinstall the latest release version of iTunes and try again.