Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkdaisy

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2014
I got mine but there’s a mark on the screen.

Attachments

• E5C3D550-1708-4DAB-9194-5B014FEC89C8.jpeg
    E5C3D550-1708-4DAB-9194-5B014FEC89C8.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 231

MikeAK

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
*sigh* One of the first casualties of Apple reducing the plastic films in their packaging.

Me, I wouldn't accept that - I'd be on the phone with Apple to get it replaced - have them contact your local Apple store (if it's convenient) so you can walk in and get it exchanged.

Agreed. No way in heck would I accept that. These devices aren't cheap. If my new phone arrived with anything less than a perfect screen fresh out of the box it'd be going back. No if, ands, or buts about it. Returned.

Reactions: marzfreerider

marinersaptcomplex

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2021
Agreed. No way in heck would I accept that. These devices aren't cheap. If my new phone arrived with anything less than a perfect screen fresh out of the box it'd be going back. No if, ands, or buts about it. Returned.

And I wouldn’t walk out until I got a brand new, in box phone, sealed.

• Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U

Pinkdaisy

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2014
*sigh* One of the first casualties of Apple reducing the plastic films in their packaging.

Me, I wouldn't accept that - I'd be on the phone with Apple to get it replaced - have them contact your local Apple store (if it's convenient) so you can walk in and get it exchanged.
I am waiting to talk to apple now. The rep online said I would have to send it back and wait for a new one. I am not happy. I also do not live near an Apple store.

walterpaisley

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2004
Springfield
Small amusing anecdote - when I went out to get the package from the UPS driver he smiled and said, “That’s one of the new ones, huh?”

I said yes and he laughed and said, “i still have half a truck full of just those, and I’ve been delivering these all day.”

it was 3pm. I’m guessing a lot of Torontonians got their phones later in the day.

marzfreerider

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
So mine did make it in the end! Didn’t land in Mount Hope until early this morning. It sat in Louisville KY for sometime.
Neither did mine, sat in Kentucky for quite some time as well. Now it's been sitting in Richmond since just after 8am. Apple was kind enough to send me an email at 6:45pm telling that there will be a delay in my order. Wish they could have gotten their crap together a lot earlier than that (same with UPS). Wasted pretty much a whole day waiting. Wish UPS would deliver on Saturday when they mess up.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
And I wouldn’t walk out until I got a brand new, in box phone, sealed.
Actually, all of the warranty stock at the stores will (obviously) currently be brand new (they seed the warranty channel at the same time, so they're ready for exchanges). Nothing wrong with taking a factory replacement, rather than getting the entire retail box (especially if all of the day one retail skus are already sold out).

I'd leave it up to Apple support / the store manager as to how they source the replacement, provided you can walk in and do the swap right away.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Small amusing anecdote - when I went out to get the package from the UPS driver he smiled and said, “That’s one of the new ones, huh?”

I said yes and he laughed and said, “i still have half a truck full of just those, and I’ve been delivering these all day.”

it was 3pm. I’m guessing a lot of Torontonians got their phones later in the day.

mill bet he and another 40 UPS/FedEx drivers have been delivering all day.

not 1 store in ALL of GTA has any iPhone 13 nor IPad Mini in 256GB storage of any colour available!!! ?????

PayDay came late thus I couldn’t preorder. Kind of a blessing I guess $128net gained from a stock Friday, so.

I just want to upgrade, so 1 more week to join the pre-party wait game then the 13 party.

enjoy your new devices everyone
1632575517242.png

Thalyn

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2016
Toronto
Got mine this morning at 11:30am from Markville Mall. It was pretty quick. View attachment 1847194

Nice! I managed to reserve a silver 13 Pro 512GB for pick up tomorrow at Markville. I originally had a graphite Pro Max on pre-order but didn't want to wait until the end of October for delivery.

I'm guessing these aren't "rejects" or anything? It's just very unbelievable for me to have found stock. The only stock I'm seeing now for pick up are two gold 13 Pro's.

Reactions: gagee

newbieOSX

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2008
sigh.... still waiting

Also my current phone just passed its 6th birthday over the weekend lol

EDIT: My order was placed few minutes after the preorder gate opened ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 2.53.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 2.53.34 PM.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 83

marinersaptcomplex

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2021
Has anyone in the Vancouver area been able to get 5G? I called Bell and they told me I needed a new SIM, so I picked one up. I figured there probably isn't 5G around West Van--but even today in Downtown, my phone still showed "LTE"...

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
Why is the trade in value absolute garbage for Canada? It’s basically on par with the US trade in but they charge 35% more in Canada.

CorranQ

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone in the Vancouver area been able to get 5G? I called Bell and they told me I needed a new SIM, so I picked one up. I figured there probably isn't 5G around West Van--but even today in Downtown, my phone still showed "LTE"...

I’ve heard it relies heavily on having the higher ranging TELUS/Bell/Rogers plans ($65 and upwards) to have access to 5G, but you may also want to check your cellular data settings, and worst case scenario, maybe just set up your number through an esim rather than a physical sim? Just ideas…

Reactions: marinersaptcomplex

marinersaptcomplex

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2021
I’ve heard it relies heavily on having the higher ranging TELUS/Bell/Rogers plans ($65 and upwards) to have access to 5G, but you may also want to check your cellular data settings, and worst case scenario, maybe just set up your number through an esim rather than a physical sim? Just ideas…

Ahh thanks. I did ask the Bell retail person if my plan was 5G compatible and he did assure me it was when giving me the new SIM. Might have to give them a call…it’s never simple with these companies unfortunately.

Reactions: CorranQ

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Apple shipped my phone yesterday (sunday morning) and on their website it say I'm supposed to receive it on october 6, but when I click the link "track order" the ups site still says the tracking number is incorrect and can't be found. Normal after almost 2 days?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.