Canadians who oredered the Mac Pro with the 8800GT

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ildondeigiocchi, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

I ordered mine Jan. 20 and my ship date is still Feb 20. When did you guys order? Have any of you got an email saying its been shipped. Remember this is for people living in Canada ONLY!

2. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

Ordered on Jan 28th...

Ships by: 19 Feb
    Delivers by: 26 Feb

My MacPro is said to come from the US. Hope they will hurry the process.

3. bigbird macrumors 6502

Ordered Jan. 10. Still says ships Feb.15. I phoned Apple yesterday to see what the holdup was. She first said it was the 8800GT card. I then said many people who ordered later than I did were already getting theirs with 8800GT. Then she said she didn't know and that it should still ship by Feb. 15. I complained and said I would then have to wait an additional 7-9 days after that for standard shipping. She put me on hold for 2 minutes and said she changed the shipping to 2-3 days for no extra charge. I said thanks and goodbye.

4. Vampiresoup macrumors newbie

nova scotia

I'm a Canadian up here in Nova Scotia. I ordered my Mac Pro on the 14th of Jan. I originally had an estimated ship date of Feb 13th. Now I'm at an estimated ship date of Feb 19th. I ordered through a 3rd party shop since my friend worked there and I wanted to give him a sale. It's frustrating though since I have to check the status of my order through the store.

I'm not too pleased with Apple in the fact that people who ordered after me are seeing their machines shipped.

There seems to be no point in buying a mac through a 3rd party.

5. sdhollman macrumors regular

Order mine on the 17th of January and will ship by Feb 25th be here by March 6th! Oh I live in Toronto. Thinking about canceling and reordering. :mad:

6. One Bad Ant macrumors newbie

Ordered on the 10th of January, shipping date is supposed to be February 15. Given the speed of production and delivery these days, the Mac Pro version of these cards must have still been on the drawing board when the new Pro was announced with this option. I wish they had been a little clearer about that little "issue."

7. One Bad Ant macrumors newbie

Ok, called Apple and grumped at them for the delay. That got me bumped up from standard shipping to expedited. That reduces the delivery time by 5 days on my order - might be worth it for others to do that as well.

8. yungdai macrumors newbie

Mac Pro 8800GT In Canada

I ordered mine Jan 12, and will be recieving it on Feb 11.

9. doleboy macrumors newbie

i called today and politely complained that other people have ordered the same product after i placed my ordered, yet they have earlier expected ship dates. the lady said she could bump me to expedited shipping. it now says "2 day" for the shipping method. but the "receive by" date is february 27th? if it ships wednesday the 20th, shouldn't it be here friday the 22nd (2 day shipping), or even monday the 25th at the latest?

ordered on: january 20th
    ships by: february 20th
    original receive by date: march 3
    new receive by date: february 27th

10. lutron3000 macrumors newbie

me too

been lurking on here for years now and finally figured I should contribute something
    Anyway I finally took the plunge and ordered an octo 2.8 with 8800GTS, 500GB HDD and airport on January 8th with a ship date of Feb. 14th. I'm in the Vancouver area and still no sign of shipping.

I called apple yesterday to check up on it but I was much to modest to ask for any kind of discount or free shipping because although I have been waiting forever, my ship original ship date has not yet passed so apple has no obligation towards me. Instead I sti hit hitting refresh on my order forf hoping for a miracle :)

11. bigbird macrumors 6502

Make sure and get your extra RAM from CanadaRam on the island. Great service and cheapest in Canada. However, you'll have to pay PST being in BC.

12. lutron3000 macrumors newbie

RAM and HDD

Yeah for sure, I am just about to order 2x2gb from them in the next few minutes actually. I'm going to try running with 6gb of ram and if mixing in the 2x1gb stick that come standard slows it down I'll pull them and just stick with 4gb until I get more money. I compared them to OWC in the states but with shipping and everything it comes out to only $20 cheaper and I'm sure there will be duty plus more taxes and stuff when it crosses the border. I'd prefer to support canadian companies anyway although OWC has served me well in the past.

Where do you guys shop to get hard-drives and more generic computer stuff? I've always used NCIX because they seem to have good prices and are easy to pick up and such. Anyone else use anything different?

13. bigbird macrumors 6502

I've used NCIX, DirectCanada, Cendirect, and FrontierPC. Usually when I'm shopping for something, I'll do a Canadian Google, and shopbot.ca or something similar will pop up with comparative Canadian pricing. Beware of some online retailers, as their lowest price may have the highest shipping costs. Tigerdirect.ca comes to mind.

14. Bastich macrumors regular

I can think of one: Leasing.

:cool:

15. mac2maverick macrumors regular

mac2maverick

Any additional fees for Canadians?

I'm seriously thinking of ordering the Mac Pro with the 8800 and happened across this thread. I live in Calgary, Alberta and I'm assuming we don't get charged border holding fees etc. because we're ordering from the Apple Canada Store. Am I correct in assuming this? We get the small recycle fee but do we get GST and other fees?

Barefeats ordered the regular Mac Pro with the 2600XT and got the 8800 kit to save shipping time. Obviously extra money or hasstle if you sold it on ebay.

16. mrcandy macrumors regular

You pay the Apple (Canada) web store price plus shipping (if you want expedited) plus GST. No recycle fee.

17. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

Any Canadian fellow got his Mac Pro shipped up to now?

18. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Not shipped but my Credit card has been billed. Ordered Jan.9
    There is hope :rolleyes:
    I am in Ontario...

19. mac2maverick macrumors regular

mac2maverick

Mac Pro with GeForce 8800 GT and airport extreme

Just ordered mine today. I live in Calgary, Alberta.

so they say:
    ships by: 21 Feb - 26 Feb
    delivered by: 29 Feb - 7 Mar

Now I have to find a good 24" monitor...

20. mac2maverick macrumors regular

mac2maverick

Thanks. How do you fit 6 drives inside this thing? Excuse my ignorance, but does it have something to do with RAID?

21. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I use a 24" BenQ. Love it.

22. mrcandy macrumors regular

Four drives in the MP bays, one goes into the second optical bay with standard 3.5 to 5.25 adapters, and the sixth I mounted in the PCI expansion area. I had wanted only five internal but ran into problems with eSATA to an external enclosure. Eventually I did get it to work and now have five internal and one external (need to update the sig:eek:). The two optical drive SATA ports are used for the fifth and external drives.

23. bigbird macrumors 6502

yahooo, finally!

I just checked my order. It was sent in on Jan.10 and says ships on Feb.15, but the status says "PREPARED FOR SHIPMENT". Now I'm excited!

24. lutron3000 macrumors newbie

geeez

I just don't get it! I ordered on the Jan. 8th with a ship date of the 13th and still no sign of shipping. congrats on yours though =)

25. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Prepared for Shipment

Just got notice "Prepared for Shipment" and it Sunday morning. Ordered Jan.9
    I am in Ontario :) :D