Can't Install iOS 7

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
Getting this error:

This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program.If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal.

Tried a click+restore, click+update, DFU restore, same thing. Anyone else getting this error?

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
I think the developer site just went down again. I see the same thing even though I did register the device. Hoping the site comes back up and it works.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Getting this error:

This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program.If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal.

Tried a click+restore, click+update, DFU restore, same thing. Anyone else getting this error?
Is your device's UDID registered in a legit developer account? Pirating or not doing so results in this error

marvguitar

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
Same here - I'm a dev and registered my iphone 5 through the Portal . Get the same message.. help!

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
I doubt another restore will help. If their authentication site is down then we have to wait for it to come back up.

rsm10

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2009
Oh thank god i found this! ive been banging my head off the wall for 30mins now thinking "WHAT????" forgot i got a new iphone and never registered it so i finally found my UDID so i registered it and all i keep seeing is this screen... thought it was going to be a phone call to apple or a visit tomorrow... if anyone gets there activated please drop a line on here... :eek:

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Thank goodness it's not just me - I just restored to iOS 6.1.4 via itunes and it activated just fine. Am going thru installing ios 7 beta 1 again...

PS - I hope you guys don't RESTORE from ios 6.1 or earlier! There will be remnants that will cause issues if you do. Just start from scratch and then redownload all apps and settings via the apps themselves.

RxMac

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Same thing.....

Their authentication servers suck....

Last edited:

tron909

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2009
Same here. I had my friend add my UDID to her Developer account (she did it with my iphone 4 for 6.0) but its not activating. Im digging the new reception "dots" looks really clean!

mazz0

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
A least it's a beautiful error screen, though, right?

Speaking of which - I just took a screenshot of it. Will that be in the picture roll when it's activated?

Ooh, ten minutes till we see what PS4 looks like! And costs...

astral125

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
I am getting the same error. As with iOS 6, the fix might using update instead of restore. The procedure is to plug your phone in, in itunes click restore, and it will resotre you back to iOS 6. Then once you have restored, you can option-click on update and then choose the iOS 7 ipsw.

I have no idea if this will work or not, but I am in the process of trying it out as it worked last year.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
I am getting the same error. As with iOS 6, the fix might using update instead of restore. The procedure is to plug your phone in, in itunes click restore, and it will resotre you back to iOS 6. Then once you have restored, you can option-click on update and then choose the iOS 7 ipsw.

I have no idea if this will work or not, but I am in the process of trying it out as it worked last year.
i did just this because i thought it was some issue with my iphone 5's udid registration. It does not make a difference but I was able to activate ios 6.1.4 just when I restore to ios 7b1, it won't activate at the moment.

tron909

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2009
A least it's a beautiful error screen, though, right?

Speaking of which - I just took a screenshot of it. Will that be in the picture roll when it's activated?

Ooh, ten minutes till we see what PS4 looks like! And costs...
Gamestop is offering preorder of Xone but they want full pop up front. . . . i was hoping $5 would cover the preoder :D

Tharian

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2009
The iOS dev site has my phone listed as registered, but the iPhone still won't activate. I guess you have to give it some time to actually register...

-d

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Getting this error:

This is how i did it. And it worked for me. I had to break jailbreak, and do a clean install to ios 6.1.4. After that i clicked shift plus update instead of restore. And it went through perfectly. And i am registered as a developer. But i had to do the clean install of ios 6.1.4 and then shift update after.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
This is how i did it. And it worked for me. I had to break jailbreak, and do a clean install to ios 6.1.4. After that i clicked shift plus update instead of restore. And it went through perfectly. And i am registered as a developer. But i had to do the clean install of ios 6.1.4 and then shift update after.
I am EXACTLY the same. Mine was jb'ed as well. No difference, it didn't go thru activation!

Perhaps you have better luck than most of us :(

applefanboy5

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
At least I'm not the only one. Trying another DFU restore.
hey i have just purchased the dev account as well may i please know how i can update my iPhone to this beta? When i download it from Apple it's a .dmg file and i am on windows, thanks

Mufaddal

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Chicago
It wasn't working for me either. Good thing I'm not the only one!

Do I have to set up a provisioning profile? Or does simply adding the UDID take care of registered my device?

Thanks