Caprica

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Who here watches Caprica the tv show?
I must saying this show is only getting better and better, im so into it right now!

iPhilPHX

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'm still deciding whether I want to stick with it, but overall I do enjoy it. I haven't seen the latest episode, it's in the DVR so I'll watch it today. I do think it's a good backstory showing the world / society the Galactica characters came from.

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
I've heard good things about this, butI never watched Battlestar....do I need to to get some understanding of the 'world' it's set in?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I've heard good things about this, butI never watched Battlestar....do I need to to get some understanding of the 'world' it's set in?
No understanding needed really. You can watch the pilot and pick everything up with ease.

It's good now it's picking up. Tbh though I'm waiting for stu to return. Gotta be a month away still :(

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Is there a way to watch these online like what ABC.com has?

I watched most of the pilot and really enjoyed it but haven't really had time to keep up with it. I'm a huge fan of Battlestar so I'd like to give this a chance.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Update for all you Caprica fans out there. Seems like we've still got awhile until season 1.5 kicks off.

Here's the Press Release:

CAPRICA RETURNS TO SYFY IN JANUARY 2011

New York, New York – July 21, 2010 – Syfy has announced the highly-anticipated return of critically-acclaimed series Caprica. The second half of season one premieres in January 2011 (date TBATBA), and kicks off with a thrilling pace as the citizens of Caprica deal with the chaotic aftermath of the mid-season finale’s harrowing events.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I watched the first 2-3 episodes and have the rest on the DVR. Ditto for "V." With both series I just haven't gotten into them after a few episodes. I don't need the space they take up on the DVR, so they'll stay put for now, but I'm not chomping at the bit to see them.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I really enjoyed the show. You never really warm up to the characters - some are deeply flawed, and some turned out to be outright evil. The only character I sympathize with is the Tauron guy.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
At least it’s coming back. I was worried it got canceled or something, since nothing was said when SyFy announced it’s new season. Love the show. My favorite besides Merlin (which doesn’t get any love on here).
The problem is they're calling it season 1.5. No word yet on the official season 2. But really, it's SyFy. Do they actually have something better?

I enjoy the show, but as others have said, it took awhile to warm up to the characters and to understand the storyline. I was a huge BSG fan so I watch a lot just for the connections. The final few episodes started to really get the story going so I'm in for 1.5. The preview looks awesome. Seems like the show's about to step up to the next level. Just too bad it's not coming back for so long...

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
The problem is they're calling it season 1.5. No word yet on the official season 2. But really, it's SyFy. Do they actually have something better?

I enjoy the show, but as others have said, it took awhile to warm up to the characters and to understand the storyline. I was a huge BSG fan so I watch a lot just for the connections. The final few episodes started to really get the story going so I'm in for 1.5. The preview looks awesome. Seems like the show's about to step up to the next level. Just too bad it's not coming back for so long...
They kill shows when they have them in hiatus like this. I like Chloe/the Cylon the best.

DeepIn2U

macrumors 604
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I watched the first 2-3 episodes and have the rest on the DVR. Ditto for "V." With both series I just haven't gotten into them after a few episodes. I don't need the space they take up on the DVR, so they'll stay put for now, but I'm not chomping at the bit to see them.
I actually LOVE both shows. Seeing this side of the Cylons; Cloe is an incredible actress with serious talent. Love that raspy voice, and that sugar moma character or milf type adds to the zest. All in all seeing how the Adama's and the human dislike & aspiring for technology is an amazing parallel. Seeing the actor from The Fly II was a huge shock! He's gotten old and he's not bad of an actor ... just so soft, docile, timid like its hard to see him really get angry but he does it well for a yuppy type.

V ... seriously got better the last two shows. I'm definately hoping to see BOTH return.

PS I also grew up with the original V and so glad its just not about the laser gun sounds. zrrrmwwwoooooopsssssshhhhhh! Original BattleStar Galactica sucked balls unless Lorne Green was given one of his speeches

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Caprica has been canceled.

The "Syfy" executives will not be airing the final episodes until sometime in 2011. One can only hope. I mean "they" never even had the balls to let the show finish and air it's first season in it's entirety before pulling the plug. Frakers.

You can read the venting going on on the "syfy" forum boards and Save Caprica campaign

Sniff,

They put the show on the Tuesday 10pm Death Time Slot. Same thing is probably going to happen to Stargate Universe.

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
There are still a few episodes of Caprica left before it is completely cancelled. I can't wait for Blood and Chrome if and when it comes out. I think that the whole BSG stuff has been beaten to oblivion. I will still watch it though. Still a little bit angry they cancelled Caprica though, I was really getting into it. It made me watch BSG from start to finish again.

Last edited:

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
There are still a few episodes of Caprica left before it is completely cancelled. I can't wait for Blood and Chrome if and when it comes out. I think that the whole BSG stuff has been beaten to oblivion. I will still watch it though. Still a little bit angry they cancelled Caprica though, I was really getting into it. It made me watch BSG from start to finish again.
Damn, I didn’t know they cancelled it. It is the best SyFy show they have right now, so that makes little sense. However, having wrestling on SyFy makes no sense either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.