Caprica

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SchneiderMan, Feb 28, 2010.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Who here watches Caprica the tv show?
    I must saying this show is only getting better and better, im so into it right now!

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yep, really starting to get into it now. Last ep was a little bit Matrix-y but still awesome.

3. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

Just Wikipediaed it (c'mon, can't we use Wikipedia as a verb now, I mean we do use Google as a verb! I want to start a trend so, everyone, use it as a verb!) I haven't heard of it but it looks pretty good... What do you guys (people who have watched it) think of it?

King Mook Mook

4. iPhilPHX macrumors regular

iPhilPHX

I'm still deciding whether I want to stick with it, but overall I do enjoy it. I haven't seen the latest episode, it's in the DVR so I'll watch it today. I do think it's a good backstory showing the world / society the Galactica characters came from.

5. ethical macrumors 68000

I've heard good things about this, butI never watched Battlestar....do I need to to get some understanding of the 'world' it's set in?

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

No understanding needed really. You can watch the pilot and pick everything up with ease.

It's good now it's picking up. Tbh though I'm waiting for stu to return. Gotta be a month away still :(

7. kimdecena macrumors newbie

Watching it, and hooked!

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Is there a way to watch these online like what ABC.com has?

I watched most of the pilot and really enjoyed it but haven't really had time to keep up with it. I'm a huge fan of Battlestar so I'd like to give this a chance.

9. iPhilPHX macrumors regular

iPhilPHX

10. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Of course right here http://www.hulu.com/caprica

11. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Update for all you Caprica fans out there. Seems like we've still got awhile until season 1.5 kicks off.

Here's the Press Release:

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I gave the show a shot (3 episodes), but did not warm up to the characters so I stopped watching.

13. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I watched the first 2-3 episodes and have the rest on the DVR. Ditto for "V." With both series I just haven't gotten into them after a few episodes. I don't need the space they take up on the DVR, so they'll stay put for now, but I'm not chomping at the bit to see them.

14. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I really enjoyed the show. You never really warm up to the characters - some are deeply flawed, and some turned out to be outright evil. The only character I sympathize with is the Tauron guy.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

At least it’s coming back. I was worried it got canceled or something, since nothing was said when SyFy announced it’s new season. Love the show. My favorite besides Merlin (which doesn’t get any love on here).

16. Xavier macrumors 68020

My sister has been watching it lately. I don't know if I like it yet or not.

17. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

The problem is they're calling it season 1.5. No word yet on the official season 2. But really, it's SyFy. Do they actually have something better?

I enjoy the show, but as others have said, it took awhile to warm up to the characters and to understand the storyline. I was a huge BSG fan so I watch a lot just for the connections. The final few episodes started to really get the story going so I'm in for 1.5. The preview looks awesome. Seems like the show's about to step up to the next level. Just too bad it's not coming back for so long...

18. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

They kill shows when they have them in hiatus like this. I like Chloe/the Cylon the best.

19. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

I actually LOVE both shows. Seeing this side of the Cylons; Cloe is an incredible actress with serious talent. Love that raspy voice, and that sugar moma character or milf type adds to the zest. All in all seeing how the Adama's and the human dislike & aspiring for technology is an amazing parallel. Seeing the actor from The Fly II was a huge shock! He's gotten old and he's not bad of an actor ... just so soft, docile, timid like its hard to see him really get angry but he does it well for a yuppy type.

V ... seriously got better the last two shows. I'm definately hoping to see BOTH return.

PS I also grew up with the original V and so glad its just not about the laser gun sounds. zrrrmwwwoooooopsssssshhhhhh! Original BattleStar Galactica sucked balls unless Lorne Green was given one of his speeches

20. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

The show had gotten better toward the end of the season. I thought the virtual game space was a pretty interesting concept.

21. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Caprica has been canceled.

The "Syfy" executives will not be airing the final episodes until sometime in 2011. One can only hope. I mean "they" never even had the balls to let the show finish and air it's first season in it's entirety before pulling the plug. Frakers.

You can read the venting going on on the "syfy" forum boards and Save Caprica campaign

Sniff,

They put the show on the Tuesday 10pm Death Time Slot. Same thing is probably going to happen to Stargate Universe.

22. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I watch it. Fairly good.

Anyone seen Sharktopus? :p

23. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

SciFi -> SyFi -> WWE-Fi

"We gots us some wrestlin', we don't need no stinkin' sci-fi"

24. Gonzo3333, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010

Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

There are still a few episodes of Caprica left before it is completely cancelled. I can't wait for Blood and Chrome if and when it comes out. I think that the whole BSG stuff has been beaten to oblivion. I will still watch it though. Still a little bit angry they cancelled Caprica though, I was really getting into it. It made me watch BSG from start to finish again.

25. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Damn, I didn’t know they cancelled it. It is the best SyFy show they have right now, so that makes little sense. However, having wrestling on SyFy makes no sense either.