Captain America- The First Avenger

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leekohler, Jan 21, 2011.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Very much looking forward to seeing how this turns out. It's been said that the trailer will debut during the Super Bowl. So as soon as it lands on YouTube, somebody post it!

That said, I think that given the cast, this has a real chance to be quite good. I like the outfit. I think they made the right decision not to do red, white and blue tights. That would have been really cheesy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458339/

2. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

Yeah it looks like it will be good, he's a pretty easy super hero to do, not overly complicated with crazy super powers. I am more interested to see if they include Bucky in the storyline (if there is time) and how they end it. Likely, there will be a second film that will tie it into the Avengers, I don't see how they could cram it all into two hours, but you never know.

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, Bucky is in the film. You can see him listed in the cast of characters on my link. There are three films tentatively slated to be made at this point.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

At Comic Con last year we were able to see a very primitive showing of this. It doesn't look bad but I agree I am so glad they did not with the tights. The Red Skull who I am looking forward to seeing.

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Was it a trailer that you saw?

6. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

I know he is in the film, what I meant was how far will they develop his character in the first film, he doesn't become Cap's sidekick right away.

7. leekohler, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011

leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Ah- I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Even more interesting- I wonder if Rick Jones be Bucky later on?

8. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

You really shouldn't mention details that might spoil it for others unfamiliar with the specifics of the story.

AM

9. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh crap- you're right. :) Fixed. Edit your post. ;)

10. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Might want to fix your quote of Lee. ;)

Lethal

11. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That would be helpful. Oh well. Funny, I would think that most people here are familiar with the story. Let's hope so in this case. ;)

12. JulesNYC macrumors regular

I know people have to get over this, but it still irks me that the actor playing Capt America also played the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four movies.

13. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

What movies that totally never happened are those? ;)

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

This makes me wonder how much they are going to cover in the 3 movies.

IIRC, there were 4 different people who were Captain America, and 3 different people who were Bucky. I wonder if they'll go through those during the course of the 3 movies, let alone what caused Captain America I to come back after II, III, and IV.

BL.

15. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I think it would be too confusing, and for simplicities sake they will probably not go into that and just keep Steve as Cap for all the movies. Although I am waiting to see if you know who takes over for Tony Stark in the Iron Man movies.

16. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Really- I don't see what the problem is. The Fantastic Four thing is over. Chris Evans is a really good actor, and if they felt he was right for it, then I don't see the problem.

17. JulesNYC macrumors regular

It would be like Billy Dee Williams (Lando) playing a completely different character in Attack of the Clones. Actors playing different characters in a movie franchise (Fantastic Four and Capt America reside in the Marvel Universe) is distracting and wrong to me.

18. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm quite well aware of where Captain America and the Fantastic Four reside.

However, since the film is being made, it really doesn't matter. Why get all upset about things over which you have no power? You should be glad this project is even happening in the first place- Captain America has never been done well in films. It looks to me like they may finally get it right this time.

19. JulesNYC macrumors regular

I'm not going to be grateful the movie's being made and turn a blind eye to things I don't like in it -- I don't have as much a vested interest in this as you. I hope the movie does well though. It'll surely be better than the 1990 one.

20. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Fair enough, I suppose. I guess I just find that to be a very minor concern.

21. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

The first part was a teaser trailer.... Had old WWII footage and then the last scene was CA standing in a dime lite parking lot... or something along those lines.

They actually showed us a scene from the movie that they just shot a few days prior to Comic Con. It was Hugo Weaving breaking into an ancient vault of some kind. Super rough footage. I can't remember what exactly he was looking for. But the whole shot was about 5-10 minutes long.

22. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Rumor has it they are rebooting FF. Since the movies did so bad they are taking it in a completely different direction. This is all rumors of course.

Besides FF were horrible and no body wants to remember them let alone the people that played in them! :D

23. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Sick of superhero movies, especially the part ones. Just saw Green Hornet. And hour plus of daddy issues, costume designing, weapons making.... then a fight or two with the bad guy and done. Borrrring....

24. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

DC seems to have had better luck at their superhero movies then Marvel, not sure why really. I am looking forward to the Green Lantern, Green Hornet just looked stupid to say the least. Thank god they rebooted Batman and have nailed it each time, thanks largely to Chris Nolan and Christan Bale who really seem to understand the character. The FF movies were ok as far as I am concerned, they really need to redo Daredevil and Elektra those were just god awful, and they haven't got the Punisher right yet, and its been what, three movies already? I am unsure how the new Spiderman movies will be, Toby Maguire was just wrong for PP and whatshername was even more wrong for MJ, but I heat that MJ won't even be in the first reboot and its all about Gwen Stacey who didn't even show up until 120 or so issues into the comic whereas MJ was there from the beginning pretty much. So far Iron Man has done well, Thor looks interesting and the Avengers might be ok, thankfully the second Hulk was waay better then the first too.

25. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Stay away from Law and Order and Star Trek then because both of those franchises pass actors around all the time.

-Andrew