Captain Marvel's Brie Larson to Star as Undercover CIA Operative in Upcoming Apple Series

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacRumors, Mar 6, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has placed a straight-to-series order for an untitled drama series based on the life experiences of undercover CIA operative Amaryllis Fox and her upcoming memoir Life Undercover: Coming of Age in the CIA, according to Variety.

[​IMG]

The report claims Brie Larson will both star in and produce the series, described as a look at a young woman's journey in the CIA. In addition to starring as Carol Danvers in the upcoming Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame films, Larson had an Oscar- and Golden Globe-winning role in the 2015 film Room.

Michael Ellenberg and Lynette Howell Taylor will also serve as executive producers, according to the report. Ellenberg is also producing Apple's morning show drama starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston, who were both reportedly invited to Apple's expected streaming video service reveal on March 25.

Apple has ordered dozens of TV shows and movies for the video service, expected to launch in more than 100 countries later this year.

Note: Due to the political nature of the discussion regarding this topic, the discussion thread is located in our Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. All forum members and site visitors are welcome to read and follow the thread, but posting is limited to forum members with at least 100 posts.

Article Link: Captain Marvel's Brie Larson to Star as Undercover CIA Operative in Upcoming Apple Series

2. Morgenland, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019

Morgenland macrumors 6502a

Morgenland

3. iRutherford, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2019

iRutherford macrumors regular

iRutherford

4. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

5. brendu macrumors 68020

I wont rule it out just yet but my expectations aren't high.

6. Freida macrumors 68000

Apple content is unlikely going to be outstanding unless they break certain barriers.
    So far, Netflix is doing it right and I'm doubtful that Apple can pull it off. Money is not everything sometimes

7. ItsNotaTumor macrumors member

ItsNotaTumor

And even if Apple's new content fails... Netflix is already working with Brie Larson!
    https://screenrant.com/captain-marvel-brie-larson-netflix-films/

8. cajun67 macrumors regular

cajun67

I assume she signed the standard multi-film contract with Marvel.

And she's got time to do a TV series as well?

9. JetTester macrumors 6502

Apple's never had much success with content creation. They make great hardware that they advertise the heck out of as being perfect for content creation, but they're not so good at it themselves.

10. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hmm. Sounds promising. I like cloak and dagger premises. I just hope that this doesn't have the same tone as Covert Affairs.

11. pmau macrumors 68000

I'm excited. I hope she can code.

12. HJM.NL, Mar 6, 2019

HJM.NL macrumors 68020

HJM.NL

They never shouldn’t have sold Pixar to Disney. Maybe Pixar would be able to propel Apple’s efforts in the streaming business.

13. 5hugknight macrumors member

5hugknight

I wonder if Apple should have just partnered with Disney+ on their original content platform...

14. cmaier macrumors G5

Why? What would either party get from that?

15. wigby macrumors 68000

Planet of the Apps and Carpool Karaoke were public betas so I’ll reserve judgement until we have an official launch of original content and it’s streaming service component.

16. yossi macrumors regular

It seems like Apply has been developing shows for over a decade. When will these shows be released??

17. Not-Sure Suspended

Not-Sure

She is going to become the worst cinematic mistake ever! She is going to make The Last Jedi looks good.

Never go full #Brietard

18. Nicky G macrumors 6502a

Nicky G

I’m sure a “safe for the whole family” CIA caper will be riveting...

19. Zenithal macrumors G3

No violence, no alcohol, no drugs, probably no guns shown. What's the point of a Disney-esque environment for a CIA thriller show? BORING.

20. cmaier macrumors G5

Or maybe the ny post, which keeps posting the same article about “be nice” and Tim Cook, might be making that up.

21. Not-Sure Suspended

Not-Sure

I think Marvel is done with her. Avengers is having re-shootings and her role is going to be minuscule. When you go from the big screen to TV is not good. She is obviously an untalented person, toxic and totally forgettable. Not the first one in movie history.

22. StyxMaker, Mar 6, 2019

StyxMaker macrumors 68000

StyxMaker

Apple never owned Pixar and had nothing to do with it’s sale.

23. dannyyankou, Mar 6, 2019

dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

The concept looks interesting, I may watch.

24. dan110 macrumors 6502a

dan110

25. cmaier macrumors G5

Why not?