Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmericanSisu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
Since upgrading to iOS 12, CarPlay frequently crashes while connected to my 2019 Honda Insight. I see from other forums that this has been an issue in the past, but it seemed to have been corrected? The only workaround is to factory reset the HondaLink system. Any tips or fixes?

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
2018 Honda Accord. No problems with CarPlay and iOS 12.

Have you removed the car from CarPlay on the phone? When you do, the first time you connect again the phone will ask if you want to allow the car to connect to your phone for CarPlay. It's been known to resolve issues.

AmericanSisu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
2018 Honda Accord. No problems with CarPlay and iOS 12.

Have you removed the car from CarPlay on the phone? When you do, the first time you connect again the phone will ask if you want to allow the car to connect to your phone for CarPlay. It's been known to resolve issues.
This didn’t fix it. I’ve tried in the past and just now to no avail.
Just took it to Honda and they too couldn’t offer a fix.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
This didn’t fix it. I’ve tried in the past and just now to no avail.
Just took it to Honda and they too couldn’t offer a fix.
I've rebooted/reset the head unit as well as force restarted the phone to clear up issues too.

I did turn off Bluetooth on the head unit and also turned off Andriod Auto to clear up issues in the past as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.