Carrier settings update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matthiasgoodman, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthiasgoodman macrumors member

matthiasgoodman

I just connected my iPhone and got some sort of carrier settings update. I took a screen shot at the last minute. It does ask you if you want to download the update but I didn't think of capping that part.

Attached Files:

2. matthiasgoodman thread starter macrumors member

matthiasgoodman

Hmm. Doesn't happen to my wife's phone. The only difference is that I have newer SIM card (AT&T 3.1) and hers is the original (AT&T 2.9). Strange.

3. seand1111 macrumors regular

I got the same thing, I wonder what that's all about.

4. Davidtrippy macrumors newbie

Davidtrippy

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Also got the carrier update for my iPhone 3G. Also updated me to AT&T 3.1 from AT&T 2.9 don't know what it does anyways.

5. matthiasgoodman thread starter macrumors member

matthiasgoodman

Scratch that. It just had me update hers. I am adding the pics. It also update the carrier to AT&T 3.1, which is probably what it did to mine. I guess the SIM card had nothing to do with it.

Attached Files:

6. Blueravr macrumors member

I still have 2.9 and Mac OS doesn't ask me to upgrade. Is it just a pc issue judging by the pics

7. matthiasgoodman thread starter macrumors member

matthiasgoodman

Maybe, but I imagine they just roll out in stages.

8. Ethan O'Connor macrumors newbie

iTunes under 10.5.6 notified me just now and the upgrade took my phone from AT&T 2.9 to AT&T 3.1.

9. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

10. matthiasgoodman thread starter macrumors member

matthiasgoodman

11. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Well I live in the Bay Area in California and for the past couple of days, 3G connectivity has been horrible. It intermittently drops in and out and I cannot access the internet at all sometimes. I was about to create a thread to see if anyone has been experiencing this same issue with at&t and their iphone, but this update gives me hope. Maybe its to fix this issue. I certainly hope so. Anyone else been experiencing complete 3G drop outs lately?

12. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Update to AT&T 3.1, no idea what that does hehe.

13. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

My carrier version is O2 2.9 I docked my iPhone about 3hrs ago (Mac) and I didn't get the update?

Will check later (although whatever it is could be US first?)

14. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

The carrier update is a small 32KB file that gets downloaded. On my Vista machine it saved it to "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Carrier Support". Filename is ATT_US.ipcc.

The file isn't in plain text, but I'm sure someone here will be able to make sense of it.

15. dap1215 macrumors regular

I'm on a mac, live in KC and I got the carrier settings update. I happened to click the upgrade button (came here after to what the update was for) and bam there it was. iTunes didn't tell me the update was out there. :apple:

16. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

Just manually checked update, nothing in the UK (on a Mac) still 2.9

17. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Actually after a little more investigation, the IPCC file is actually a zip file. I unzipped it with WinRAR and got a bunch of directories for each different language. Each directory contains a carrier.strings and locversion.plist file. There's also a carrier.plist in the main directory.

carrier.plist file contents:
    Code:
    bplist00ß 	


    #$,,!/3,5HI,KNOXI_IntlDataRoamingExceptions_ShowCallForwarded\StockSymboli_MyAccountURLTitle]SupportedSIMs\SupportsNITZWShowTTY_SupportsUserBusyCauseCode[CarrierName\BookmarkURLs\MyAccountURL^ShowDialAssist_StatusBarImages_VisualVoicemailServiceName_!VoicemailPasswordResetPhoneNumber_IntlDataRoamingSwitch[SMTPServers_ShowCallForwarding_voicemail_contextTapnsXServices_CustomerServicePhoneNumber_VVMIgnoresIntlDataRoaming£V310110V310140V310470¡Ò !"TnameVsymbolTAT&TQT^AT&T MyAccount§%&'()*+V310150V310170V310180V310380V310410V310980V311180		¡0Ò123#[BookmarkURL\BookmarkName_'https://www.wireless.att.com/my-account	£6>CÔ	789:;=_FullScreenOpaqueImage_AllowPrefixMatching\DefaultImageTat&t_FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png_Default_CARRIER_ATT.pngÔ	789?@BXcingular_FSO_CARRIER_CINGULAR.png_Default_CARRIER_CINGULAR.pngÔ	789DEG^AT&T MicroCell_FSO_CARRIER_ATT M-Cell.png_Default_CARRIER_ATT M-Cell.pngTACDSS611	¡L[cwmx.com:25¢PVÓQRSTUUSapnXusernameXpassword\wap.cingularPÓQRSWUU^acds.voicemail¥Y^adgÒZ[\][ServiceCode[ServiceNameU*225#_Check Bill BalanceÒZ[_`S411_Directory AssistanceÒZ[bcT*729[Pay My BillÒZ[efU*646#_View My MinutesÒZ[hiS*08]Voice Connect
    carrier.strings file contents:
    Code:
    bplist00Ö 	

_Pay My Bill_SERVICE_NAME_Check Bill Balance_SERVICE_NAME_!Directory Assistance_SERVICE_NAME_View My Minutes_SERVICE_NAME_Voice Connect_SERVICE_NAME_ AT&T MyAccount_MYACCOUNTURLTITLE[Pay My Bill_Check Bill Balance_Directory Assistance_View My Minutes]Voice Connect^AT&T MyAccount

18. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

I'm with Movistar, a company from Spain. I've had the carrier settings update, about two times. It's nothing major. And it didn't affect anything ad far as I know

19. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I got an update and here it the Proof Of Life.

Attached Files:

20. murdoc158 macrumors regular

Any idea if this will negatively effect us jailbroken iPhone users?

21. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Thanks. It is available in Des Moines, as you have stated, not until you choose check for updates. Worked fine as far as I can tell.

22. MM07 macrumors 6502a

I just updated mine as well.

As soon as I plugged in my phone, the update popped up.

No we need to figure out what it does. Hopefully better service for me. :)

23. jeffdc5 macrumors member

jeffdc5

24. KingHuds macrumors 6502

25. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Mmmmmm. I'm not jailbroken, but I'll wait it out for a bit. It's probably an update to restrict use somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.