Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iLounge points to new cases from Uniea which appear to be a case for the rumored iPod Nano.

usuitipod_300.jpg

The case, described as the U-Suit Hard Protective Leather Case for New iPod, features a soft leather exterior, hard plastic interior with scratch-resistant inner lining, and a front hole sized for a roughly 2.3-inch screen and iPod nano-sized Click Wheel.

Photos of the upcoming iPod Nano were leaked and later pulled at the request of Apple, and are expected to make their debut at Apple's September 5th media event.

Article Link

christall109

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
i agree.. ... the case will definately start foliding around the edges of the click wheel...looks official.

Please...please ipod touch with wifi sept 5!!! its either that or iphone.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
I'm hoping that this is a new flash video iPod that lies inbetween the nano and the full sized "touch" iPod. Then we would have shuffle, nano, "this thing", and the "touch".

Apple, don't kill the nano. :(

skwoytek

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2005
I'm pretty sure Apple wants video on all iPods with a screen. The old nano would have been too small.

I like the new design and I'm sure it feels great in the hand.

superspiffy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
oh no:confused:
I still can't believe such an ugly product would come out of apple's award-winning design team.:eek:

I guess this is what it means to "think different." Throw away tried and true designs for something new even if you have to break the laws of design itself like *cough cough* the golden ratio.

musiclover137

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2005
its kind of weird that it says 'made for new ipod'. makes me think they will disocontinue the nano, making the phatpod the new ipod. making the ipod touch a completely new product line.

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
I've always wondered how the accessory people know the exact dimensions of new products. Especially ones that are kept under such tight wraps like the Apple stuff. :confused:

thespazz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Maybe, just maybe, this was to drive traffic to their site?

It's VERY easy to create an image in photoshop and market it.

icetyu

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
OMG, the phat nano is actually coming. I hope Apple doesn't discontinue the old nano immediately. It would funny to see them side by side.

Derekuda

Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
?

How does apples new products keep getting leaked. I bet steve is starting to get pretty angry.

propynyl

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
The new iPod nano will NOT be the star of the show on Sept 5th. The iPod Touch will steal ALL the thunder, and Steve Jobs will play down the new nano, like he did with the mac mini update.

gonnabuyamac

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
i'm still not entirely convinced they'll ditch the current nano body style. i think the fat-nano is really a new model - hopefully the rebirth of the mini.

if it is the new nano, i'm not really sure what people are complaining about. most people i hear really want the ipod touch. and if they do an ipod touch, then apple is going to want an ipod that has a look that is similar to the current 5.5g.

i personally don't care much about a touch screen, unless it adds some significant features. i have a laptop i'd much rather watch movies on than on a small screen, and i control my ipod more by feel (i.e. through my pants pocket) than i actually look at it.

so, if they release the fat-pod, i will probably be in line to buy it. my current nano is full, and i've been wanting a larger capacity. 16 gigs would be plenty for me - hopefully that's the route they go.

rfunk

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
Not so fat

Hei hei,

I really think it's gonna look great, and tiny, not fat at all!
Just take the present version of the Nano and cut i in two pieces. Smaller, still with screen and the wheel. I just think it's great for the ones who look for a small high capacity audio player.

No?

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
oh no:confused:
I still can't believe such an ugly product would come out of apple's award-winning design team.:eek:

My thoughts as well.... It's fugly, I thought Apple would design something better than that, but then it has been released yet so I might be all incorrect (hopefully).

Maybe Apple is due for a bad design??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.