Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dodgerro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Hi,

I stupidly turned off Bluetooth on my iMac and then restarted it the machine. The problem is I only have a Bluetooth keyboard and don’t have easy access to a wired keyboard, so I can’t get back in. If it makes any difference, I cave a Windows Laptop, an iPhone and an iPad handy. If you have a solution I would love to give it a whirl.

Thanks

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Have you tried rebooting by holding down the power key for about 10 seconds?

I thought I remember reading that doing that may bring up some sort of Bluetooth wizard. I may be off base though. Might be worth a try though…

Reactions: Dodgerro

Dodgerro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Portland, OR

I thought I remember reading that doing that may bring up some sort of Bluetooth wizard. I may be off base though. Might be worth a try though…
if it's an apple wireless keyboard, connect to the iMac using the usb-lightning cable (bypass the bluetooth)
if it's an apple wireless keyboard, connect to the iMac using the usb-lightning cable (bypass the bluetooth)
Unfortunately it’s an older 2nd Gen. Runs on batteries and is Bluetooth only.

Attachments

• 65118EB8-5E2C-4DB6-BF82-B9B2E874431B.jpeg
    65118EB8-5E2C-4DB6-BF82-B9B2E874431B.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 81

Dodgerro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Portland, OR

Bo hoo 🙁 BTW, as of this writing, my friend is here with her Irish Setter. He’s called Tigger and he’s a complete nut. No reflection on your good self 😉

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
If you can't "get to" the startup key combinations with a bt keyboard, then use a cheap USB WIRED keyboard.

Problem solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.