Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddublu

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
I’ve used their Veil case for my last three iPhones and got their iPhone 12 Pro case this weekend. It’s their best yet. There is no drop protection as its ultra thin but that’s exactly what I’m after in a case. Raised lip around the camera and the screen itself. It’s a matte black somewhat rough finish which is perfect for just the right amount of grip. Worth checking out if you like the natural size of iPhones but don’t want bulk of larger cases.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Garbage logo on the back. Should absolutely disqualify anyone from purchasing - equivalent of putting a bumper sticker on a Rolls Royce.

This is the same as the as Peel Cases you can buy on AliExpress for pennies, you're being scammed paying so much for that made in China junk:

ddublu

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Garbage logo on the back. Should absolutely disqualify anyone from purchasing - equivalent of putting a bumper sticker on a Rolls Royce.

This is the same as the as Peel Cases you can buy on AliExpress for pennies, you're being scammed paying so much for that made in China junk:

garbage logo? Not sure what you’re looking at but there’s no logo on the back of my Veil case.

Sure, there are tons of Chinese ultra slim cases and I’ve tried many of them. Unlike most of those, these fit perfectly. There’s also a warranty that they actually stand behind. I have zero skin in the game other than being a satisfied annual customer.

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
Awesome. Mine is arriving tomorrow. Have used the Veil for my last two phones and ordered the latest one without a second thought.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
I got both the Sheath and the Veil. Not too happy with the Veil. The image on their site makes it look very similar to the Sheath as far as texture and grip. It is not. It is a smooth matte finish. Very deceptive IMO. Sheath is first image. Veil is 2nd on their web site. They look almost identical. The Sheath has much better grip.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 3.32.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 3.32.34 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 484
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 3.32.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 3.32.52 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 459

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Nice, OP, Caudabe makes great stuff. I used the Veil many years ago, but prefer the Sheath because of the better grip and better protection. Perfect case in my opinion.

Now that OP mentions the Sheath, might get one again. I remember how incredibly thin it felt. Definitely the case to get if you don’t like cases for sure.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005

I haven’t had the Veil since the XS Max, but there’s barely anything on the back isn’t there? Pretty big difference between Caudabe’s stuff and Peel if I recall correctly. Peel is no better than any of the AliExpress stuff. They liked touting the lack of branding, but that just seemed like another way of saying they buy off-the-shelf parts. I remember the Caudabe having a nicer texture and a better fit.

Reactions: decypher44

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Nice, OP, Caudabe makes great stuff. I used the Veil many years ago, but prefer the Sheath because of the better grip and better protection. Perfect case in my opinion.

Now that OP mentions the Sheath, might get one again. I remember how incredibly thin it felt. Definitely the case to get if you don’t like cases for sure.

That’s funny, I’m a Caudabe Sheath guy too. Just got one for my 12 Pro and love it. Still get other cases just to check them out from time to time but always come back to the Sheath.

Reactions: nospleen

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Can anyone who owns the Veil for the 12 Pro tell me if the case is like previous generations where the case sides just come up to the edge of the screen? Or do they actually stick above the screen (face down protection) since the edges are flat on the iPhone now?

I liked the Veil for my 11 Pro because when you swiped off the edge you didn't hit the case edges.

ddublu

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Can anyone who owns the Veil for the 12 Pro tell me if the case is like previous generations where the case sides just come up to the edge of the screen? Or do they actually stick above the screen (face down protection) since the edges are flat on the iPhone now?

I liked the Veil for my 11 Pro because when you swiped off the edge you didn't hit the case edges.
They are just barely above the face of the phone as is the cutout around the camera. Swiping up still feels great and functions perfectly.

Reactions: reyalP

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota

The edges are slightly raised, so if you swipe across the screen, you will hit those edges. So yes, there is a slight lip all away around.

Reactions: reyalP

LongWayHome

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
I love the thinness of the veil, but I've always found it really difficult to hold due to it being slippery in the hands.

KayEm6419

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2020
Sheath and Veil for me. Blue Sheath; frost Veil. Been using them for many years. Great quality and excellent customer service.
Hello Shark5150,

I have the Electric Blue Sheath in my Caudabe cart (for iPhone 12 mini). If it were a navy blue, I'd already have touched the 'pay now' button.

How bright is the Electric blue? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you. ~Best, KM

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Hello Shark5150,

I have the Electric Blue Sheath in my Caudabe cart (for iPhone 12 mini). If it were a navy blue, I'd already have touched the 'pay now' button.

How bright is the Electric blue? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you. ~Best, KM
Hi! I got the Navy blue Sheath for the Pro Max. Yeah, electric blue looked too bright for me.

Reactions: KayEm6419

KayEm6419

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2020
What do you think of the Lucid Clear? Comparable with Apple’s clear case?
Hi Tymen,

I'm not really familiar with Apple's Clear MagSafe. It was one of the first cases I considered for my iPhone 12 mini, but it quickly dropped out of the running because of the open speaker/port end. I've not seen it in person. The Lucid Clear is quite a different design. Very snug & ultra-thin, not flexible. Precise cut-outs. As close to case-free as I'm comfortable with!
Wish I had a better response for you.
~Best, KM

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
What do you think of the Lucid Clear? Comparable with Apple’s clear case?

I'm a Sheath guy, but I got a Lucid Clear too and now I'm in a serious debate (with myself) on which case to use. I don't remember Lucid Clear being this solid feeling in the past, but it feels great on the 12 Pro.

Apple's clear case will have limited appeal because of that white magnet on the back. People buy clear cases to be able to see their phones, don't they?

KayEm6419

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2020
Hello All,

Lucid Clear for the mini arrived. Of course I don't yet have the iPhone to check fit, but the cut-outs seem quite large! Otherwise case looks beautiful and feels great.

Thoughts about the cut-outs?
Thanks! ~Best, KM

060DA009-C2F9-4BB8-9A68-1B17F3FC9D79.jpeg

D7539116-7B44-4E88-BD5D-C2C7CDD2CB4B.jpeg

Port end looks good:

292DFC8A-BB4F-458B-BB77-4B39CC2A445F.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.