Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Russian company Caviar, known for making luxury variants of popular tech gadgets, today announced that it will be releasing custom AirPods Max plated with "pure gold" for the high price of $108,000 at some point in 2021.

airpods-max-caviar.jpg

The custom AirPods Max will be available in white and black, with each color offered "in a single piece worldwide," suggesting that the headphones may be quite exclusive. In the words of Caviar, the pure gold design apparently "looks elegant, emphasizing the status of the owners and their impeccable taste," for people who "want to always be on top."

Caviar recently introduced a custom iPhone 12 Pro that supposedly includes a small piece of an original Apple I computer's circuit board, but this claim has been disputed.

Article Link: Caviar Introduces Custom 'Pure Gold' AirPods Max for $108,000

nikaru

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2009
Not again........ :rolleyes:

I simply can't understand why would anyone be purchasing from them when literally most (if not all) of their designs were horrible.........

Guess money can't buy you taste and sensibility:rolleyes:
These are made upon order. What we see is just a render. There are billionaires who spent 100 grands on a weekend trip. When you have everything, it is nice to have something that your other billionaire friends, dont.

Anson_431

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
These are made upon order. What we see is just a render. There are billionaires who spent 100 grands on a weekend trip. When you have everything, it is nice to have something that your other billionaire friends, dont.
Yeah of course, I understand there certainly are people that are in possession of this mindset. But then for crying out loud, horrible designs like these is like a crime against humanity and should be outlawed for the love of all that's holy! ??? (If you get what I mean)

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Well that’s silly. However while this is gen 1 product, it won’t see yearly significant upgrades like the gen 0 Apple watches. Those who spent that absurd amount for a gold one are sitting on a super outdated model that can’t do anything today. Then again, those who spent the money probably don’t care and upgrade whenever they want.

Reactions: dabotsonline

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
First of all, I can't figure out why this is relevant enough to post about on MacRumors. I mean, it's not that interesting to most users unless they are stupidly rich and looking for stupid ways to waste their money.

Second, if somebody was going tp spend $100k plus to cover their Apple product in gold, you'd think they'd at least not have a "caviar" logo on their new product, which just looks stupid and ugly. I wonder if they will even sell one of these.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.