CDN Rogers iPhone 4S thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Keebler, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Hi folks,

Thought I would start a thread similar to the AT&T, Sprint etc.. threads showing what our status number is in the queue and maybe we could post when we start receiving notifications and/or picking up our new iPhones.

I'm currently:

1190 for a 64 GB White

Cheers,
    keebler

2. ataman macrumors newbie

Currently 177 for a 32 GB Black and 177 for 16GB Black

3. deanostetto macrumors newbie

Currently 86 for 64GB black, and 51 for 16GB white. :D

4. Breezygirl macrumors regular

Breezygirl

I was #33 then #30 and now it says simply "In Progress". My husband was #98 has has moved down to #54 and his is still saying "Open".

They finally have the upgrade eligibility feature working, you can find it on their iPhone 4S page, the one in your account info page does not work.

5. Boots- macrumors regular

6. Acronym macrumors 68000

I want one, but I do not want to renew my contract, and well 700$+ is a little much for now.

7. ataman macrumors newbie

I saw the Rogers upgrade pricing on their website, and looks like there won't be a upgrade promotion which I think is ridiculous! I will wait until last minute but unless they come up with a promo, I won't be upgrading with Rogers and ordering/waiting directly from Apple

----------

They better not be shipping only 50 units for the first shipment!! Haha I am 177 now, down from 220.

8. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Yes over $500 for an upgrade to the 4S 64Gb model and a three year contract. Plus you have to accept a new voice data plan so I'd loose my 6Gb data plan. No thanks, better to buy it direct from Apple.

9. ataman macrumors newbie

never heard this before???

10. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

This is incorrect. Yes, you do have to sign a new contract, but that does not mean you have to change your plan. It will just renew.

11. ataman macrumors newbie

I just phoned Rogers to ask some basic questions and OMG they are idiots. Sales guy says he is not even sure if iPhone4s is coming out in Canada on 14th. What am idiot. he said apple has not said anything... He is like I doubt you will get it in October... Haha wish people knew what they are talking about.

----------

It does say select plans for the $50 rebate in the fine print so maybe it is correct? My old plan may not be a select plan.

12. mcfadyen macrumors regular

Rogers Redboard is saying that select plans are simply plans with voice and data. And you can renrew your current plan to be eligible for the $50 rebate, which they mail to you a few weeks after you buy the phone.

13. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

They offer a $50 rebate, but they raise the prices by $50. Hmm..

14. mcfadyen macrumors regular

Yeah...classic Rogers. The Rogers Redboard is lighting up with VERY unhappy customers. (redboard.Rogers.com)

15. achtungbaby macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm 28 months into a 3-year contract with an iPhone 3GS. This is what Rogers wants for a 16G 4s:

$209.00 + $45.00 Early Upgrade Fee
    + $35 Hardware Upgrade Administration Fee

I realize 289 isn't as bad as it could be but it's not like I have money to throw around. Plus other negatives like a locked phone, 3 more years on contract and really crappy coverage in my city and surrounding areas.

16. Breezygirl macrumors regular

Breezygirl

Been watching it for days, it's going to be ugly! Wait till all the customers that upgrade every year find out it's costing them at least double or triple. :eek: or the ones that pre-ordered are waiting for their phone......

17. Yofi macrumors member

Am I right that Rogers and Fido share a reservation system? If so, I'll just pull up a chair with you guys! #619 for White 16GB.

Did they have this same system in place for the launch of the iPhone 4? Can someone tell me if I can expect to have my phone on the 14th with my place in line?

18. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Sorry to hijack this thread:
    we have two iPhone 4's on rogers. The internet and tether speeds are sooo slow. are any of you experiencing this?

19. chibamac macrumors 6502

chibamac

pre ordered

Black :apple: 16GB iPhone 4S
    16GB iPhone 4S Black
    Position : 88

Wife got a brand new bold 9900 and the keyboard wont work..

Chiba

20. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

There was no pre-order system last year. And the Reservation System doesn't guarantee you your phone on the first day. It guarantees you the phone, whenever it decides to come in. That's what we (employees) are told at the store.

21. Breezygirl macrumors regular

Breezygirl

I live less than 3 minutes outside Edmonton and my iPhone 4 at home is almost useless as a phone. To load a Facebook page or to download my mail takes 5 minutes if it loads at all. Picture texts most times don't go though..... Other friends that come here that have a 4 have the same problem, the 3GS work a bit better, the android also are bad and the Blackberries are ok, all with Rogers.

But its weird if I use My-Wi to tether my 4 to my iPad it's really quick 95% of the time. I'm hoping it improves with the 4S, the only reason why I'm getting it.

22. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Question guys, are map-based questions exclusive for US? Because I was looking at the keynote and it says "for US only" in parenthesis.

So i can't say "how to get home" if i'm in Canada or UK?

Also, I tried calling up Rogers and nobody knew about the iPhone 4S. I was also told not to expect it in October, and to wait until December :rolleyes: my question is, i'm eligible for a hardware upgrade. So what will my up front cost be?

RedBoard is saying that i'll be getting the iPhone 4S 16GB for $159 in a 3yr contract.

23. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

As far as I can gather, Siri in it's beta form won't have all the features for every country. So certain countries might get more features for Siri compared to others.

As far as your upgrade goes, if you are fully eligible, then yes overall you will be paying the $159 plus the $35 admin fee. Just keep in mind the $159 is after a $50 mail in rebate so your bill will show $209.

24. Breezygirl macrumors regular

Breezygirl

From all that I've seen on-line lately there is a lot mixed info or lack of given to their reps lately, they all say something different. Rogers has the upgrade eligibility feature working, you can find it on their iPhone 4S page under I think pricing, the one in your account info page does not work. You type in your phone number, postal code and email and they send you an email with your upgrade costs.

25. PatrickRS macrumors member

My understanding is that Siri will work fine in Canada, with all features enabled. The caveat is that Apple hasn't tuned the system for Canadian English, that's all. If you keep your "abooots" to a minimum, Siri probably won't call you a hoser.

The "beta" tag is also related to the breadth of languages supported, not the feature set.