Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the imminent launch of brand new iPhone models, cellular carriers are already beginning to share various offers that should help save you money when buying the iPhone 13.

Apple_iphone13_colors_09142021_big.jpg.large_2x.jpg

AT&T

Starting with AT&T, new and existing AT&T customers will have the opportunity to get a new iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone 13 mini at no cost, with an eligible trade in and on an unlimited cellular plan.

Under this deal, the iPhone 13 Pro costs $0, the iPhone 13 mini costs $0, the iPhone 13 Pro Max costs $99, and the iPhone 13 costs $99. You can also get $200 off the Apple Watch Series 7 when purchasing two at once.

The new iPhone 13 mini for $0 requires a qualifying trade in value of $95 or greater, which includes iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and various Android devices.

The new iPhone 13 Pro for $0 requires a qualifying trade in value of $180 or greater, which includes iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Verizon

At Verizon, current and new customers can get up to $800 off the iPhone 13 lineup with select trade in offers and on select unlimited plans. If you're switching to Verizon, you can get up to $500 to help cover the cost of switching, for a total of up to $1,300 off new models.

If you purchase an iPhone 13 on a Verizon device payment plan, you can get up to $250 off select iPads or $150 off select Apple Watches. Apple Music is also included in the Get More Unlimited Plan, while all other plans have six months of Apple Music at no cost.

T-Mobile/Sprint

Although T-Mobile hasn't officially shared details about its upcoming iPhone 13 offers, Mark Gurman tweeted about one deal coming to the carrier when iPhone 13 orders open. You'll be able to get up to $1,290 total credit when trading in an iPhone 12 Pro Max, which you can put towards a new iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro model.

Apple Trade-In

With the launch of the iPhone 13, Apple has also made iPhone 12 family devices eligible for trade in on its Apple Trade In web page.

You can get up to $790 for iPhone 12 Pro Max, up to $640 for iPhone 12 Pro, up to $530 for iPhone 12, and up to $400 for iPhone 12 mini.

We've got plenty more coverage of today's "California Streaming" event, including dedicated posts on the new Apple Watch Series 7, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad, and iPad mini.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Cellular Carriers Begin Sharing Deals and Offers Coming to iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
Hopefully they will have a promotion for first time iphone buyers. Im in a family plan with my brother in law, not interested in adding a line, just wanting to get a new iphone. I currently have a samsung galaxy s6 but I doubt they give anything for such an old phone

richard4339

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Illinois
Can someone remind me, do we pay extra for 5g on Verizon now? I don’t see 5g being near me within the next two years and I don’t really want to pay extra for it anyway.

miniyou64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Last year AT&T scammed my family out of $1000 after we traded in a perfect condition iPhone 8 Plus and they made up 3 different excuses and gave us $25 instead of what was promised with no recourse. Even with proof the phone was perfect (took videos before sending) and hours on the phone. And we weren’t the only ones, AT&T forums are packed with people like me complaining about the same thing. Maybe it’ll go class action. Save yourself the headaches and never, ever do one of these trade ins with AT&T - just don’t do business with them at all.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
iPhone 11 Pro 512GB Customer w/ AppleCare and perfectly flawless phone (except battery sitting at 82% capacity) on a Postpaid Verizon account in USA.

I'm looking to move to Prepaid Visible or Verizon entice me enough to stay with them.

Looks like $800 off an iPhone 13 Pro is Verizon paying $800 over 30 payments....I was hoping to pay for the device in full. Apple's trade-in is $450 for my device, I can pay in full or do a payment plan for the 13 Pro. Visible...no deals to be had.

I own the phone outright. Other than selling it only for $750, what's the best way to get a new phone?

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Last year AT&T scammed my family out of $1000 after we traded in a perfect condition iPhone 8 Plus and they made up 3 different excuses and gave us $25 instead of what was promised with no recourse. Even with proof the phone was perfect (took videos before sending) and hours on the phone. And we weren’t the only ones, AT&T forums are packed with people like me complaining about the same thing. Maybe it’ll go class action. Save yourself the headaches and never, ever do one of these trade ins with AT&T - just don’t do business with them at all.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
The T-Mobile deal where you get $500 in bill credits requires you to switch to one of their new Magenta Max plans, which would be a significantly ****** deal for long time customers. Right now I pay $120/mo for four lines with unlimited everything including tethering. No thanks! I'll just buy it outright from Apple.
You get $200 bill credit if you stay with your current plan

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
Hopefully they will have a promotion for first time iphone buyers. Im in a family plan with my brother in law, not interested in adding a line, just wanting to get a new iphone. I currently have a samsung galaxy s6 but I doubt they give anything for such an old phone
As a person who worked in the wireless phone industry for years I can tell you first hand the hardware does not make the cellular carriers any money. The activation of a new line of service does.

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006
Can someone remind me, do we pay extra for 5g on Verizon now? I don’t see 5g being near me within the next two years and I don’t really want to pay extra for it anyway.

You only pay extra for mmWave on the current plans (included mid-tier and higher, extra on base tier)

egoldin

macrumors newbie
Anyone know if your phone is locked if you utilize one of these days? I have an old AT&T iphone I could trade in, but I don't want to be locked to AT&T. I want to be able to use it with other carriers internationally when I travel.

revfife

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
In a far country
There’s not a good way to get credit up front for a phone. Carriers want you on a monthly plan so getting an iPhone 13 pro for free over 30 months is the best they are going to do.

you can sell it unlocked on swappa/eBay/Facebook but have to deal with fees and scammers there as well.

Most people are only leasing phones anyways now. You are leasing till the next one comes out.

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
That sucks. On the flip side I got my 11 from ATT for free with a trade of my 7 and I may roll it into a free 13.

johnediii

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2014
So, does anybody have any info on iPhone upgrade program? Last year I went to the Pro Max and had to wait to November because of the COVID delay. Are they going to let us back on the normal schedule this year instead of waiting the extra 2 months?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.